• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Kalnos

Banned
A three game suspension for Smart and the first game he will get to play upon returning is Texas Tech. Maybe Orr will travel to Stillwater? :p

Fjordson

A three game suspension for Smart and the first game he will get to play upon returning is Texas Tech. Maybe Orr will travel to Stillwater? :p
Yeah, Tech being the return game is interesting.

The Orr guy has said he won't be attending any more games this year, though. Or he "volunteered" to not attend games whatever that means.

I wish you had one of those games at Pitt but I guess when youre wide FUCKING open its hard not to drain them time and time again. Man im salty at home poorly we defended the 3 during that game, bit us in the ass vs Virginia too. Eddie had some fun as well yesterday.

You got to see what happens when you give Andre Dawkins open shots. For his career he's been pretty streaky (but he's been a lot more efficient this year especially on the road where he used to be awful), but when he's hot, he's HOT. Suddenly one 3 turns into 2, turns into 3 turns into 5 turns into 7 or 8. I'd wager he's a top 5 shooter in the country when he has one of those nights. I still remember the game against Wake a year and a half ago where he made 7 threes...in the first half.

Him turning it around off the court has to be one of the highlights of the year for me. I know people like to look at Duke as a bastion of evil where we kick cancer patients and eat puppies, but knowing Andre's story and the emotional depths he's been in, just seeing him being happy again has to bring a smile to your face.

The last time an unranked UNC team beat Duke was in 2003, so I still think we should be favored quite heavily.

But if any team's primed for an upset it's this one. Just what happens when you can't get stops.

devilhawk

Media and GAF melt down over one man saying whatever he said. 5000+ saying "FUCK KU" on live tv many many times, crickets....

See why the whole Marcus Smart thing is a joke now?

Nesotenso

we played poorly on offense and K-State outplayed us for stretches of the game. They deserved the win. I hope Embid gets back to his old self soon.

devilhawk

Media and GAF melt down over one man saying whatever he said. 5000+ saying "FUCK KU" on live tv many many times, crickets....

See why the whole Marcus Smart thing is a joke now?
This is what won't get any airtime or discussion. Most college fans don't care because it happens all the time. KU should have sent the walkons into the crowd to shove people. Precedent says only 3 games.

People care when they can isolate a single person saying an unspecified thing. People don't care when thousands say an obvious thing.

LegoDad

This is what won't get any airtime or discussion. Most college fans don't care because it happens all the time. KU should have sent the walkons into the crowd to shove people. Precedent says only 3 games.

People care when they can isolate a single person saying an unspecified thing. People don't care when thousands say an obvious thing.

Your own fans do the same thing..
BgKvnr5CcAAc-ky.jpg

devilhawk

Your own fans do the same thing.. img
But that's the point. It happens in college. Fighting fans doesn't. We can't have a real conversation about the Marcus Smart incident until we understand what happens all the time in the college game. Fact: Thousands of KSU fans chanted "Fuck KU" multiple times during the game. Fact: Many in the media said it was understandable that Marcus Smart shoved a fan because of what he said. The logical extension is that KU players can go shove 1000's of fans. See how ridiculous that is? See why 3 game suspension is a joke?

LegoDad

But that's the point. It happens in college. Fighting fans doesn't. We can't have a real conversation about the Marcus Smart incident until we understand what happens all the time in the college game. Fact: Thousands of KSU fans chanted "Fuck KU" multiple times during the game. Fact: Many in the media said it was understandable that Marcus Smart shoved a fan because of what he said. The logical extension is that KU players can go shove 1000's of fans. See how ridiculous that is? See why 3 game suspension is a joke?

They weren't attacking a player or a person, just the name of the school....

devilhawk

devilhawk mad lmao.
I do hate when KU loses. That's obvious. But my point still stands. I don't care that most of the second half included background of "fuck ku" chants. That is just par for the course. But no KU player went and charged a fan that was saying it. I doubt anyone in this thread is saying all those fans should be banned. So why should one random old guy be banned?

When an unranked team beats their top 10 ranked in-state rival I say the students are allowed to have some fun.

They had fun all game long.

Court rushing is stupid. I'll say it a million times, you're supposed to beat your rival on your home floor. You're supposed to win against your conference opponents. It should be routine. I have no problems with court rushing, per se, although I do at least expect it to be a road game when you do it. That's having fun.

LegoDad

Court rushing is stupid. I'll say it a million times, you're supposed to beat your rival on your home floor. You're supposed to win against your conference opponents. It should be routine. I have no problems with court rushing, per se, although I do at least expect it to be a road game when you do it. That's having fun.

How do you rush a court of an away game? ....

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting SMU making its first top 25 since the 84-85 season

If Southern Miss(6 votes, so they are far off) got ranked at any point this season. It'd be their 1st since the 1990-1991 season

If Stephen F. Austin somehow got ranked it'd be their 1st ranking ever. Wow, hope they somehow manage to get ranked, probably wont happen but would be cool

Servbot24

Banned

Students can't go to road games. They're students.

And it's not routine to beat a top ten team when you're unranked. A team would look ridiculous if they acted lkie it was.

Silkworm

Interesting SMU making its first top 25 since the 84-85 season

If Southern Miss(6 votes, so they are far off) got ranked at any point this season. It'd be their 1st since the 1990-1991 season

If Stephen F. Austin somehow got ranked it'd be their 1st ranking ever. Wow, hope they somehow manage to get ranked, probably wont happen but would be cool
Go Dale Brown! Wonder if this will be his last stop? He's 78 so I figure this might be it and I hope he has fun and continued success at SMU while coaching there :)

There's a BIG difference between a bunch of college kids (at various stages of inebriation) making a chant against a school vs. one guy singling out a player and calling him a piece of crap or telling him to go back to Africa.

If those KSU kids were chanting "Wiggin's mama is a crackwhore" you might have a case. But attacking the name of a school is fair game and has always been fair game. Attacking a player on that personal of a level is not.

Students can't go to road games. They're students.

If they're not committed to the cause, I can't help them.

And it's not routine to beat a top ten team when you're unranked. A team would look ridiculous if they acted lkie it was.

Please, top ten is nothing. Kansas had lost 5 times before that game. But it should absolutely be routine for your team to beat your conference rivals. Act like you've been there before, because you have. If not, your team has never been and will never be any good and there's no point in celebrating that one-off lucky win.

Celebrate when you win a title. Everybody else just ends with a loss.

UraMallas

Please, top ten is nothing. Kansas had lost 5 times before that game. But it should absolutely be routine for your team to beat your conference rivals. Act like you've been there before, because you have. If not, your team has never been and will never be any good and there's no point in celebrating that one-off lucky win.

Celebrate when you win a title. Everybody else just ends with a loss.

This is some garbage posting. You basically just said that there is nothing worthwhile for athletes/fans/coaches in college basketball besides winning. I almost can't imagine a grown human would have such a horribly ineffective view on organized sports and what it really means.

This is some garbage posting. You basically just said that there is nothing worthwhile for athletes/fans/coaches in college basketball besides winning. I almost can't imagine a grown human would have such a horribly ineffective view on organized sports and what it really means.

No, what I said was that regular season win versus your conference rival at home isn't all that special, because it isn't. It's expected. That's what your team is supposed to do.

Go into their place, beat them there. Load up a bus, rush that court. Troll hard. I'm serious, I want Clemson to win in Chapel Hill one time and act like they own the place.

Top Bottom