• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

It had to be something racist, derogatory about his mama, or both.

Smart may be crazy, but I refuse to believe he's mushing geezers for no reason.

Still, you can't put your hands on a fan. You just can't. It may be unfair, but thems the rules.

devilhawk

The same station said the fan was ejected. That clearly wasn't even true as you could see him at the end of the game. The station probably just made the report up.

Need more info to corroborate what he said other than the mentally unstable guy who physically attacked a fan a week after breaking a chair and sulking off to pout under the bleachers by himself as the game was still going on.

DominoKid

Damn you would think its a slow news day the way ESPN is beating this story in the ground. Either that or that Smart had murdered somebody. Jesus.

^^^damn he mentally unstable now? way to stay on message devilhawk.

devilhawk

Damn you would think its a slow news day the way ESPN is beating this story in the ground. Either that or that Smart had murdered somebody. Jesus.

^^^damn he mentally unstable now? way to stay on message devilhawk.
His actions last week were the definition of. I have never seen a player leave a game to go cry under the bleachers. Then yell and shove at his coaches and teammates that tried to bring him back. It sure as hell isn't normal.

KingGondo

Banned
The same station said the fan was ejected. That clearly wasn't even true as you could see him at the end of the game. The station probably just made the report up.

Need more info to corroborate what he said other than the mentally unstable guy who physically attacked a fan a week after breaking a chair and sulking off to pout under the bleachers by himself as the game was still going on.
What's wrong with you? We don't know anything yet.

We know you hate Smart because he flops, it's been well-established. Calling him mentally unstable is ridiculous. We still don't know what the fan said to him. Doesn't excuse shoving the guy, but it can at least explain it and mitigate it.

I'd be pretty pissed too if I was Smart. Coming back to this clusterfuck has almost certainly cost him millions beyond what he already lost by forgoing the draft last year.

Ford is owed a huge buyout when he gets fired-- he needs to pay at least part of that to Smart for fucking him over so badly.

Anyways. Disappointing (but unsurprising) loss to say the least. At least we'll have to fire Ford now. We have to stop the bleeding.

devilhawk

What's wrong with you? We don't know anything yet.

We know you hate Smart because he flops, it's been well-established. Calling him mentally unstable is ridiculous. We still don't know what the fan said to him. Doesn't excuse shoving the guy, but it can at least explain it and mitigate it.
What about his actions the last two weeks suggests a normal in control individual?

KingGondo

Banned
What about his actions the last two weeks suggests a normal in control individual?
It's sports. Passions run hot, guys get frustrated, bows get thrown and brawls happen.

I'm not gonna judge his character because of what happened in the past couple weeks under incredibly trying circumstances.

He's been a great player during his entire time here and hasn't had any off the court problems. Forgive me it I don't condemn him now, especially before we know what the fan said.

Fjordson

I feel kinda bad for Smart. Probably should have just entered the draft last year, everything that's happening lately is just not a good look for him. Especially what happened tonight when we're living in a post-Ron Artest world.

Though where were his damn teammates? They should have been helping him out and grabbing him back to the court as soon as he turned towards the fan.

jakncoke

Banned
One of these days fans will finally be held accountable to what they say, the amount they get away with is disturbing. This Jeff Orr is a booster? So they'll probably always let him say whatever he wants.

KingGondo

Banned
One of these days fans will finally be held accountable to what they say, the amount they get away with is disturbing. This Jeff Orr is a booster? So they'll probably always let him say whatever he wants.
Here's a profile of Orr.

http://today.ttu.edu/2010/03/texas-tech-basketball-fan-extraordinaire/

Seriously though, driving 350 miles each way to watch Texas Tech basketball implies some sort of mental instability in and of itself. Guys like him are the worst kind of "fan."

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Marcus Smart out there thuggin.

Dude probably said something racist. If it was then I don't blame him.

He still should know better. Smart is on course to be a millionaire while this guy shovels shit for a living. Best to ignore the fans, especially the most hateful.

I think last night was the first time Parker was in full beast, y u no stop me mode. He's scored 20+ before but he was in everything in this game and really set the tone. Need more of that from him.

Apparently Duke plays some local school this week.

I wouldn't actually be shocked if UNC won that game. They'll have to use the Syracuse gameplan on offense of getting the ball inside and getting easy buckets/drawing fouls on Jefferson and Parker. If they rely on the three ball, they'll get run out of the gym.

On paper, Duke is the superior team and should win comfortably, but I feel one of those "9-30/6-27 on threes" games coming on.

jakncoke

Banned
I wish you had one of those games at Pitt but I guess when youre wide FUCKING open its hard not to drain them time and time again. Man im salty at home poorly we defended the 3 during that game, bit us in the ass vs Virginia too. Eddie had some fun as well yesterday.

So I heard on some highlight package that during the Pitt-VT game, in the two overtimes, there was a combined total of 1 field goal made.

That's ACC Big East basketball.

reKon

Banned
will be awesome if Payne keeps deciding to go HAM and we get this win. We need Appling though

EDIT: PAYNE IS ON BEASTMODE #Truth

jakncoke

Banned
So I heard on some highlight package that during the Pitt-VT game, in the two overtimes, there was a combined total of 1 field goal made.

That's ACC Big East basketball.

To be fair Lamar Patterson and Talib Zanna are banged up. Lamar Patterson thumb basically made all his shots completely air ball and Zanna ankle has really limited his offense and VA Tech is VA Tech

inm8num2

Fuck, it couldn't have ended any other way.

Gary Harris couldn't make anything today. Most chalked this game as a loss for MSU before the Big Ten season started, so they're certainly still in good shape.

inm8num2

Refs tried to hand another one to Izzo. Way to overcome Bucky!

Shooting 20 FTs to your opponent's 9 is certainly 'trying to hand' them the victory in the mind of a delusional Badger fan. Something like a 9-2 foul disparity in the first half as well - not that any MSU fans here are blaming refs. Don't let stats get in the way of your troll attempts, though. :)

Oh, and welcome back to the thread after being inconspicuously absent since Wisconsin lost 5 of 6 - wonder why you were so quiet? Beating Izzo is Badger nation's Super Bowl, after all!

eznark

Banned
Shooting 20 FTs to your opponent's 9 is certainly 'trying to hand' them the victory in the mind of a delusional Badger fan. Something like a 9-2 foul disparity in the first half as well - not that any MSU fans here are blaming refs. Don't let stats get in the way of your troll attempts, though. :)

Oh, and welcome back to the thread after being inconspicuously absent since Wisconsin lost 5 of 6 - wonder why you were so quiet? Beating Izzo is Badger nation's Super Bowl, after all!

I think I probably posted as often as I did during the first half of the season.

Payne was getting away with murder. Good to see all that is Good and Righteous was able to overcome the corruption.

inm8num2

Heh, I post stats that swiftly refute the inane claims, the troll carries on. I forgot - Wisconsin doesn't foul according to their delusional fanbase. ;)

Fouls aren't the reason MSU lost, and Payne hardly "got away with murder". Do pay more attention, or at least try looking at a box score.

It's not a bad loss, Sparty. Still tied for 1st.

Top Bottom