• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

That was a flagrant 2, dude was staring right at him, stared him down afterwards.

Hit the showers, young man. You're running laps tomorrow and possible the rest of the week.

Straight-up ranking of most annoying pick-up players.

1. The intensity guy. - "Imma yell like KG after a rebound bounces and falls into my arms."
2. Mr. Coach - "SCREEN LEFT, SCREEN LEFT, GO UNDER, GO UNDER, HE CAN'T SHOOT!"
3. Short Asian Bro (I can say this because I'm Korean) - High intensity on D like fuckin' Jackie Chan but won't stop shooting NBA treys because reasons.

4. Super tall dude who's afraid of the post even though he's six inches taller than everyone else on the court.

5. Old ass white dude who you think can't ball but turns into the Larry Bird of the Y with an unstoppable wet J.

Talon

4. Super tall dude who's afraid of the post even though he's six inches taller than everyone else on the court.

5. Old ass white dude who you think can't ball but turns into the Larry Bird of the Y with an unstoppable wet J.
I may or may not be 4.

God damn, I hate the old ass white dude that's taped up like a mummy. With that slow ass pro hop and scoop from the right block, too.

The worst is when he ALSO happens to be Mr. Coach.

With the way snow is falling right now in the Triangle, its fully possible we end up with a half-empty Dean Dome tonight that's actually louder than normal because the geezers in baby sweater vests can't make it to the game.

Silkworm

Boston College @ Georgia Tech has been postponed, Atlanta reasons.

Although some Raleigh News & Observer writers are openly calling for Duke/North Carolina to similarly get postponed. They say Chapel Hill is a gridlocked mess.

https://twitter.com/LukeDeCock
https://twitter.com/laurakeeley

Well in light of those two ECU football players whose car crashed this morning leaving one in critical condition as mentioned in the CFB thread, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea of postponing the Duke-UNC game.

That or it would be cool if the game was played but only coaches, players, and family of players were allowed to attend. Wasn't there some sort of game played like that due to weather? I thought it was a basketball game but maybe not (there was the lowly attended SMU football game this past season that was played just after an ice storm had hit and anyone that wanted to show up to the game could do so for free).

I'm on Duke campus right now.

It's a super mess. I imagine Chapel Hill is even worse. And almost 20000 people trying to move over there tonight when the conditions get worse is not going to be pretty.

DominoKid

Duke waiting until 6 to leave.
iHb9wHfwdTWrF.jpg

We all see it.
iX3BFNxgp3IPF.jpg

BgTcOKLIQAAOTRs.jpg

Ol Roy out here in shorts like it ain't no thang

But hold the phones

Gary Parrish ✔ @GaryParrishCBS

Officials are reconsidering whether to play the Duke-UNC game, a source told @CBSSports. “Sounds like it may be cancelled,” one source said.

The conditions are bad, getting worse, traffic is deadlocked, there have been 50 car accidents in the Triangle today. It's not looking too hot right now.

Entirely dependent on the health of Lamar Patterson, Talib Zanna . We went to double OT because Lamar thumb made his shot useless, and zanna ankle made him ineffective vs. the zone they played all game.

No, Syracuse is undermanned. They just lost Bi-Keita due to injury. They wont win, if they do it will be a small miracle.

jakncoke

Banned
No, Syracuse is undermanned. They just lost Bi-Keita due to injury. They wont win, if they do it will be a small miracle.

I think you underestimate just how important Patterson is to our offense and on top of Zanna being our #2 scorer and banged up. Going to be a race to 50 type of game it seems

Losing Coleman and now Keita is a definite loss up front for the Cuse but the way Grant has been playing still has me confident. They've been clutch in recent games and I don't see them losing tonight no matter how hard the Zoo is to play in.

Thinking 24-0 is a strong likelihood after tonight.

Conditions deteriorated between 4:30 and 5 PM, and 15-501 went from slow, but steady progress to total deadlock. Not surprised that they ended up postponing it.

The problem becomes when do you reschedule it for. Tomorrow is out of the question, imo. Snow is supposed to turn into sleet/freezing rain over night and conditions on the roads will probably even more treacherous. Friday, maybe. But both schools play somebody on Saturday, and I'm not sure they want back to back games.

Looking at both schedules, next Thursday (the 20th) might actually be the best spot. Carolina plays Monday and then not again until Saturday. Duke plays Tuesday and then not again until Saturday.

But I can't wait until I hear "DOOK'S DUCKING THE HEELS! THEY'RE AFRAID TO PLAY US!"

Silkworm

Won't work, Carolina's managers won that game. Use the football game.

I alternately propose a day-night home-and-home double header for March 8.

I thought about something like that as well (though I was thinking back-to-back days). I guess it's fair in the sense both teams have to deal with little rest. Oh well, I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Edit: Grover's suggestion for next Thursday sounds pretty good to me.

hoos30

This is some bullshit. This is not a surprise storm. K should have had that team posted in the Carolina Inn by noon today.

I'm also getting "They're afraid of playing in front of students instead of the old wine and cheese geezers!" bit like Duke doesn't play in front of loud crowds every time they go on the road.

It's confirmed for Thursday.

at UNC on Thursday

host Syracuse on Saturday.

Not great, but oh well.

It's not ideal, but that's probably the best they could do in the circumstances.

It does suck for the people who traversed the elements to get into the game only for it to be cancelled.

Like these folks who abandoned their cars a few miles outside of the Dean Dome and walked there

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I think they were more concerned with how to get back after the game than getting to it. Staying at UNC after a loss could be bad, but staying at UNC after the win (the more likely scenario *snarkface*) would be far worse.

Fjordson

Damn, Duke and UNC postponed? Some crazy ass weather down there.

UK is apparently traveling through a bad ice storm to get to Auburn, but the game hasn't been postponed so far (starts in 30 minutes).

Top Bottom