• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Redick at this point in his career is a solid 3rd guard on a championship contender. He's in pretty good company coming from that area of the draft.

Ah! Thanks! I had a mental block on Adam Morrison. Forgot all about him (I guess understandably so).

Speaking of Duke players in the NBA, I wonder how much more Grant Hill would have blown up if he hadn't had that ankle injury in 2000. He had a fine career, but I think he would have been even better (superstar status) without that injury that interrupted his NBA career.

T-Mac is pretty much Grant Hill 2.0.

Ah! Thanks! I had a mental block on Adam Morrison. Forgot all about him (I guess understandably so).

Speaking of Duke players in the NBA, I wonder how much more Grant Hill would have blown up if he hadn't had that ankle injury in 2000. He had a fine career, but I think he would have been even better (superstar status) without that injury that interrupted his NBA career.

It's sad what happened to Grant. He was a triple-double machine before that chronic ankle problem. His trajectory was off the chart. He was a superstar already, was in all the commercials. That summer of free agency, all people were talking about was who would get Hill, who would get Tim Duncan, and Orlando hoped to get both.

Still, he was elite in the few years pre-injury, and had a serviceable run later with Phoenix, but those years with Orlando after that initial injury with Detroit... just brutal.

jakncoke

Banned
Reflecting on our losses this season has been a plague of sad moments

Our first loss on a neutral court to Cincy, we lose by 1. In that game we had a streak of 13 minutes without a point during the game. Imagine going 13 minutes without a fucking point.

Our 2nd loss at Syracuse, 4-5 minutes to go. We looked like we were in control. Ennis goes off. We lose

Our 3rd loss vs. Duke couldnt cover a 3 to save our lives got shat on

Our 4th loss vs Virginia back and forth all game. Virginia hits a 3 at the end of regulation to beat us

Our 5th loss vs Syracuse back and forth all game, looking like a win with 4.4. timeout and Ennis driving to court to hit a 35 ft 3 win.

I give this season 3 my avatars out 5 atm

I just hope we can stay in the top 4 and secure the double bye and hopefully make a run in the ACC to secure a decent seeding.

tumblr_inline_muh0ayNh801rut6ej.gif

We got not one but two Plumlees playing on All-Star Weekend!

Mama we made it

Silkworm

So, Arizona is in a tight one with ASU. Obviously this is a different game than the 91-68 drubbing Arizona gave ASU in their last matchup. Should be interesting to see if Arizona prevails.

Edit: Man Arizona's offense in this particular game is struggling. But their defense of ASU is keeping them in the game (both offenses are struggling mightily). Also FT% by Arizona is not helping (8-19 at the moment) and too many turnovers by Arizona. This is an ugly game that Arizona just might lose (or win if they get their heads right in these last 2 min and change).

Silkworm

Mercifully the Arizona-ASU game ends in the 2nd OT. ASU ends up not sucking quite as bad as Arizona and gets the ugly win (that last bit in the 2nd OT was admittedly exciting but didn't make up for the prior suckage). Congrats! :p

Fuck everything, fuck Herb Sendek, fuck the scrub we let drop 30 on us, fuck needing 2 overtimes to lose, and FUCK the ASU student section.

No but really, only our second loss, historically we slump in February then hit our stride in March. The shooting will come back, we won't look so lost on offense, and Sean will have this team clicking again when it matters.

Dosia

Arizona shouldn't be a #1 seed. Losses to Cal and Arizona State? Come on.

So because they lost 2 road games by buzzer beaters to two potential tourny teams they arent a 1 seed? If the Cats can sweep next weekend they will get a 1 seed I bet. They just need to hit freakin FTs.

Silkworm

Lot of good close games so far today. Memphis vs UConn, Virgina vs Clemson, and Iowa vs Penn St and Pitt vs UNC (both in the first half).

Silkworm

Dang, Clemson should have flushed that.

Edit: Switching to Memphis vs UConn game, it looked like Boatright got fouled on that drive... no call *shrug*

Edit: Clemson with the long 3 to stay in it!

Silkworm

Oh man, Napier denied! That shot should have gone down. Doh. On to OT.

Edit: Napier in OT hits an answering 3. Fun game!

Edit: UConn wins it in OT in no small part to the outstanding play of Napier. Congrats!

Silkworm

damn were gooning the shit out of Pitt today. toughest i seen us play in a while.
Yeah, UNC actually looks like they're into this game. Just going to have to keep up that intensity for subsequent games.

Edit: And Pitt fights back. Game may go down to the wire. Hate to see Pitt lose another close one.

Servbot24

Banned
sluggish game by iowa today but still win 82-70 on the road. i'll take it.

@indiana next which obviously should be a win but it makes me nervous.

UraMallas

Whew. Should have really won by more. Win is a win, though.

I felt that way until after the game and I had time to cool off a bit. The Big XII is an absolute gauntlet and the only real gimme game is TCU. All other teams can play you down to the buzzer no matter how good you are. Just ask KU and ISU, pry the two best teams in the league and they have had nail biters as well as closely played losses against really good teams. WVU is in the high-mid and TTU is firmly in the middle of most other leagues in the nation.

EDIT: I say this about TCU and they are up by 7 on KU at the Phog after 7:00,

sluggish game by iowa today but still win 82-70 on the road. i'll take it.

@indiana next which obviously should be a win but it makes me nervous.

Happy Iowa won today. Now ALL of my friends will be happy at the bar tonight!

So because they lost 2 road games by buzzer beaters to two potential tourny teams they arent a 1 seed? If the Cats can sweep next weekend they will get a 1 seed I bet. They just need to hit freakin FTs.

#1 seeds don't lose multiple games to unranked NIT bound teams. Zona has 1 ranked win and two terrible loses. If you put them as a 1 there is a good chance you will see the first ever 16 beat a 1.

jjasper

Wonder what we with do with Counzo. Dude isn't a good coach and without McRae his teams would never score, but at the same time his teams have had significant injuries each year. I am not sure his teams have been awful enough to fire him although next year it most likely will.

As much shit as I talk about Maryland, I'll miss them. Watch the ACC troll us by making us play them in the ACC-B1G Challenge next year on their court.

On another note, I love these unis.

EDIT: I'm slightly upset that Len Elmore isn't calling this game. I needed his salty homerism one last time.

Fjordson

That white guy on Maryland looks good. Having a good first half.

Really nervous about the UK and Florida game. All I ask is that they play well with a good showing.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
don't know about Wednesday night, but nobody for Duke showed up tonight, thats for sure.

Everytime this team looks like they have it figured out, the play a game like this where they just don't give a fuck. Maybe when K thought he was going to borrow from the Miami heat, this is what the team thought he meant.

This IS Maryland's superbowl, they do not care if they win another game all year, unless its against Duke

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
IU may lose out... Crean may get fired after next season if Vonleh goes pro (because they're not making the NCAAs without him next year).

In that case would it be hello Brad Stevens?

Also I just saw the line up for next years Battle 4 Atlantis and it is stacked again.

UNC
Florida
UCLA
Georgetown
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Butler
UAB

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
If we could hit our 3s this game wouldn't be close.

Top Bottom