• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Fjordson

I'm having a hard time seeing what piece Kentucky is missing though. Talent across the board, but it just isn't melding the same way I suppose.

Great game on both sides. Just what we needed after a soft January.
Defense and consistent effort.

Example: that great drive by Young, crowd is hyped, but our team celebrates and jogs back. Gives up a transition layup. We can make some great plays, just have a difficult time sustaining consistent effort on defense.

We've been ranked right around 5 in the nation on Kenpom for offense. We can score the ball. But our defense is ranked much, much lower. Our talent and athleticism is plenty on offense, but that isn't enough to be good defensively.

Silkworm

Good game by both sides in the UF vs UK game. Kind of feels like the UF vs UTenn game except UK isn't hitting all sort of jump shots so UK's offensive game may not suffer a second half lapse like Tennessee's did.

Silkworm

That my friends is indicative of this year's Gator willpower! Go Gators! Wins at Rupp and Thompson-Boiling Arena. Just awesome :) Also a very fine game by UK, they were neck and neck with UF until the last minute or so!

pxleyes

Banned
Great win in a seriously tough place to play and win. Judd was looking lovely tonight. Can't say enough about Scottie's ability to be clutch in the closing minutes of games. If we win a title, he will be a major reason.

Silkworm

Great win in a seriously tough place to play and win. Judd was looking lovely tonight. Can't say enough about Scottie's ability to be clutch in the closing minutes of games. If we win a title, he will be a major reason.

That and Patric asserted himself in the 2nd half. He was very quiet in the 1st half but showed up big time in the 2nd half (as did Prather and Wilbekin in both halves). Patric's FT shooting has even improved.

Three points from Aaron.

Young disappeared after that early three in the second half, except some soft ass passes.

Didn't get the ball to Randle.

That tech on Cal was one hell of a bullshit call a ref can't make in that type of game. Such a "look at me!" move.

I'm having a hard time seeing what piece Kentucky is missing though. Talent across the board, but it just isn't melding the same way I suppose.

Great game on both sides. Just what we needed after a soft January.

Nothing really missing except maybe better perimeter shooters, but a little bit of pieces not gelling correctly, and the fundamentals on this team are absolutely shit (free throws, lazy passes, terrible at boxing out on rebounds, can't contain penetration on defense) plus WCS or Poythress aren't vocal enough to be a leader, or good enough offensively to take over.

Fjordson

Much respect for Florida and Billy D. Great team to watch, sound fundamentally, lotta toughness. I'm pissed that we lost and that we aren't a contender this year, but I can't hate on the Gators.

Silkworm

Nothing really missing except maybe better perimeter shooters, but a little bit of pieces not gelling correctly, and the fundamentals on this team are absolutely shit (free throws, lazy passes, terrible at boxing out on rebounds, can't contain penetration on defense) plus WCS or Poythress aren't vocal enough to be a leader, or good enough offensively to take over.

Yeah, combined WCS and Poythress only had 2 points, so very little offensive contribution in this particular game. Poythress seemed really quiet in this game (offensively and defensively) and only played 11 min while WCS at least had 3 blocks. Was very impressed with Andrew Harrison though.

Yeah, combined WCS and Poythress only had 2 points, so very little offensive contribution in this particular game. Poythress seemed really quiet in this game (offensively and defensively) and only played 11 min while WCS at least had 3 blocks. Was very impressed with Andrew Harrison though.

Alex has reverted a bit the last week or so, and even seeing some of the freshman Alex in his play lately, which is not good. WCS will probably still go first round, but Alex almost has no choice but to return, because any NBA GM that would draft him would be an idiot. His ball handling and inability to create his own shot makes him a poor SF, and he has no post moves and still soft at times makes him a poor PF. Really his only offense this year has been dunks created by others penetration, and put backs. As solid as he's been at times, I still was hoping he would be good for 10-12 ppg or so this season. His defense is still putrid as well.

Hate to absolutely blast the kid like this because he's a great kid and student, and I love him, but, the truth is the truth. :/

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I felt pretty confident that we would be Cuse this saturday but now with the schedule being what it is, I expect them to be incredibly tired.

MD%20-%20JP%20SLAM-X2.gif

Bye Terps

I felt pretty confident that we would be Cuse this saturday but now with the schedule being what it is, I expect them to be incredibly tired.

MD%20-%20JP%20SLAM-X2.gif

Bye Terps

That's an awesome view of that play. The replays don't do it justice, but when you consider time and score, the moment and flow of the game... especially when you consider he seemed about a split second from jacking up a 3 instead... man's play.

Servbot24

Banned
not sure who i want to win this wisc v mich game... i don't think iowa has a realistic chance of catching up with mich so i guess i'll root for them.

Top Bottom