• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Lillard's PER is low because his assist rate is low for the amount of minutes he plays and because he doesn't get stats on defense.

Still seems odd for a player like Lillard to have such a low rating despite what you say, but the Cousins thing totally makes sense.

Decided to look at the on/off court stats for the Lakers: Lol, the only players worth a damn on that team are Metta and Kobe. On/off court stats for both of them are through the roof in terms of production.

Metta is literally a + 17 in net point, to put this into perspective Lebron is +14.3 .

Dwight and Pau are worthless. Don't help much either way. Nash is a net negative overall.

charsace

Are miami fan's trying to argue that Lebron jumper isn't ugly? His jumper isn't tight, shooting elbow is slightly out, doesn't get the ball in a high enough position, and he doesn't go straight up. He doesn't have a textbook jumper.

Are miami fan's trying to argue that Lebron jumper isn't ugly? His jumper isn't tight, shooting elbow is slightly out, doesn't get the ball in a high enough position, and he doesn't go straight up. He doesn't have a textbook jumper.

You obviously read up to this point, why would ask something that no one said?

linsivvi

Decided to look at the on/off court stats for the Lakers: Lol, the only players worth a damn on that team are Metta and Kobe. On/off court stats for both of them are through the roof in terms of production.

Metta is literally a + 17 in net point, to put this into perspective Lebron is +14.3 .

Dwight and Pau are worthless. Don't help much either way. Nash is a net negative overall.

Yes I noticed that a while ago and I found it odd. On/off stats doesn't tell the whole pictures though, it might have something to do with how the players are being used. Kobe is seldom out there with 4 bench players, for example.

Emwitus

I was arguuing his overall movement is ugly. His a great player, arguably will go down even better than kobe/jordan. But he is no eye candy in terms of fluidity and footwork.

I was arguuing his overall movement is ugly. His a great player, arguably will go down even better than kobe/jordan. But he is no eye candy in terms of fluidity and footwork.

Bron's game is brute force (with the occasional travel). Closest thing to poetry movement in Miami is Ray's shooting form, they even made Bosh get out of the post where he had moments.

Wade's game of 'crash the rim' was never very pretty but it used to be pretty flashy with how quick he used to be.

Talon

I think we can all appreciate Bron's explosiveness in spite of that weird delay in his jumper.

The delay that only exists when your vert is ridiculous.

Damn, it's sort of hard to watch his Cleveland highlights. The fans and that team in the last two years were so damn close. Ooo...that crossover on the Truth, Posey AND KG was nice though.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bron's game is brute force (with the occasional travel). Closest thing to poetry movement in Miami is Ray's shooting form, they even made Bosh get out of the post where he had moments.

Wade's game of 'crash the rim' was never very pretty but it used to be pretty flashy with how quick he used to be.

Yeah I got to agree Miami overpowers teams physically more than anything else. One of the reasons why you want to play zone defense against them.

Pshh Wade to Bron or Bron to Wade oops are like movies most of the time. Are you all gone really act like there ain't no flash in south beach? Really?

Pshh Wade to Bron or Bron to Wade oops are like movies most of the time. Are you all gone really act like there ain't no flash in south beach? Really?

Wade/Bron dunks are flashy, but I think that falls under brute force imo, I could see how someone could see it otherwise. Em was talking about footwork, shooting form and the like.

Wade is probably the best at it amongst Miami players, but his game isn't very pretty. That's not to say Miami isn't a good team or fun to watch for Heat fans.

DominoKid

i always thought Wade had a pretty good looking game. but in general, Miami is very unappealing even though they are very effective.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This page is pretty ugly

This ugly?

i1vcsYQ4eCX0G.jpg

fertygo

i always thought Wade had a pretty good looking game. but in general, Miami is very unappealing even though they are very effective.

Well all their player aside Bron and Wade are jacking threes (for Bosh its long two) plus they're coasting off, its hard to give a damn to them before playoff time.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't really get why people think LeBron's game looks robotic, I've never seen it. It's not like he's some stiff like Shawn Bradley. I think people perceive LeBron's game to be robotic just because he is so strong and athletic. LeBron doesn't get pushed around like other players so he can stay more upright when doing his moves and his athleticism allows him to quickly explode over his defenders so he doesn't really need to fade or do a myriad of fakes. I guess this makes him look robotic.

He looks robotic because he has no real flow to his moves. Has a lot to do with his shooting form. Compare it to Steph Curry's and you will see a considerable difference. But even compared to Jordan's or Kobe's it is considerably more robotic looking.
It doesn't mean he is any less effective. Heck no. But Bron is not smooth at all.

And if his shot form was smoother he wouldn't still be shooting airball threes at the end of shot clocks. It's ridiculous seeing the "best player in the world" shooting airballs all the time.
I don't remember Jordan ever shooting an airball.

I'm not sure why I never thought of this before, but the idea that Shabazz could actually be a King/Sonic is kind of amazing. There wouldn't be enough balls on the planet for that squad.

He looks robotic because he has no real flow to his moves. Has a lot to do with his shooting form. Compare it to Steph Curry's and you will see a considerable difference. But even compared to Jordan's or Kobe's it is considerably more robotic looking.
It doesn't mean he is any less effective. Heck no. But Bron is not smooth at all.

And if his shot form was smoother he wouldn't still be shooting airball threes at the end of shot clocks. It's ridiculous seeing the "best player in the world" shooting airballs all the time.
I don't remember Jordan ever shooting an airball.
I literally youtube'd michael jordan airball three. But yea Bron has airballed a lot more times.

Also,Lebron does not shoot airballs "all the time". Closest one this season was where he hit the side of the backboard(KD did it too). His shot form is better too, he isn't fading away all the damn time.His balance is much improved.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dwight Howard said:
Even sitting down in this chair right now is causing my legs to go numb. Just having this tingly sensation go all the way down my legs. That happens when I'm playing, that happens when I'm just sitting on the bench for a couple minutes, and it's not easy.

Told you he came back too early.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I literally youtube'd michael jordan airball three.

Lebron does not shoot airballs "all the time". Closest one this season was where he hit the side of the backboard(KD did it too). His shot form is better too, he isn't fading away all the damn time.His balance is much improved.

Hey I wasn't saying Jordan never shot any. Just that they don't stand out in my memories. But Bron shoots them consistantly enough that my thoughts are "not again" when I see him throw one up.
There have been many times when at the end of games Bron has just dribbled the shot clock down and then threw up an air ball three. He has gotten better of course but the MVP of the league shouldn't be doing that at the end of close playoff games.

I'm confident his form has a lot to do with his strength. It's very common for bigger, stronger players to have difficulty developing a smooth shot release. Not having to rely as much on leg strength while growing up and developing your shot can cause a lot of release issues later on.
Best way I can describe it is players use their legs and arms in two seperate parts of their shooting motion instead of using the momentum from the legs to propel the ball and their arms are more responsible for aiming.
Bron elevates and then starts his arm motion. Plus he brings the ball over his head.

It works. But it's not smooth and when you add in fatigue and heart rate at the end of the game his shot motion can fall apart.

Cloudy

Banned
No Dwight = Good ft%, less turnovers and better post-offense. ZERO rim protection and weaker rebounding though
No Metta = Less horrendous jumpers and better perimeter defense (not overall defense but Metta is too slow to guard guys he's matched up against most nights)

I think we have a decent chance to win

Jeff-DSA

What really powered us to a win last night.

bcuuq95cmaazr_o-large.jpg

Actually, it's because I watched the 4th quarter and overtime. You're welcome though.

Also, I nearly lost my job over GAF's shenanigans yesterday. I had some really rough talks with my boss last night and this morning.

Top Bottom