• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Actually, it's because I watched the 4th quarter and overtime. You're welcome though.

Also, I nearly lost my job over GAF's shenanigans yesterday. I had some really rough talks with my boss last night and this morning.

Bro, what the fuck? I thought the guy was cool about what happened? Get on IRC!

Ask your mom.

I THOUGHT WE WERE COOL

Actually, it's because I watched the 4th quarter and overtime. You're welcome though.

Also, I nearly lost my job over GAF's shenanigans yesterday. I had some really rough talks with my boss last night and this morning.

That's fucking terrible. Glad that you're still here and still employed. Hope your co-worker didn't take it too hard.

He looks robotic because he has no real flow to his moves. Has a lot to do with his shooting form. Compare it to Steph Curry's and you will see a considerable difference. But even compared to Jordan's or Kobe's it is considerably more robotic looking.
It doesn't mean he is any less effective. Heck no. But Bron is not smooth at all.

And if his shot form was smoother he wouldn't still be shooting airball threes at the end of shot clocks. It's ridiculous seeing the "best player in the world" shooting airballs all the time.
I don't remember Jordan ever shooting an airball.
You're totally not a joke character.

PBY

Banned
Jeff I knew that thread was gonna get ugly, Gaf detective force is something I would never fuck with. Glad your job is safe, but damn, didn't realize it would get to your boss.

Zep

Banned
Shadowlark. How much would you charge per week for your basketball camp? Hakeem charges 50k, so maybe 80-90k a week? I already knew you did "barkley like" post moves but you also teach jump shots?!

Wish you were around when DY played. He would have actually gotten off the bench.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I love that we call it the "GAF Detective Force", when in reality we should call it what it really is: "GAF Stalker Alliance".

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shadowlark. How much would you charge per week for your basketball camp? Hakeem charges 50k, so maybe 80-90k a week? I already knew you did "barkley like" post moves but you also teach jump shots?!

Wish you were around when DY played. He would have actually gotten off the bench.

Haha. Is Shadowlark the resident coaching expert?

Zep if you need help on your jumper you can come up to Alberta and work with me for a bit. I will do my best to make sure you aren't throwing up airball three pointers at the end of important games. :)
I'm here for ya brother.

Omega

Banned
I love that we call it the "GAF Detective Force", when in reality we should call it what it really is: "GAF Stalker Alliance".

yeah I thought I was the only one who called them stalker-gaf.

I'm not going to insult detectives by calling these assholes that

Zep

Banned
Haha. Is Shadowlark the resident coaching expert?

Zep if you need help on your jumper you can come up to Alberta and work with me for a bit. I will do my best to make sure you aren't throwing up airball three pointers at the end of important games. :)
I'm here for ya brother.

I need some antler spray. The real shit, not the kind you get off Amazon.

I said that I could do one basic move that Barkley showed on TNT and you post every chance you get about how I should show my dream shake or some other bull. You make it seem like Barkley had dancer's moves or something lol. Basic drop steps, pivots and counters, shit I learned when I was still considered big.

But yeah I help coach the base middle school team, you should fit right in. Free for you of course.

Lakers situation is just unforgivable.

You've got a dude who can't even feel his legs playing basketball just so the organization can sell him on signing.

Pau is casually talking about leaving if Mike D and Dwight are there when his contact is up.

Awful

KingGondo

Banned

You've got a dude who can't even feel his legs playing basketball just so the organization can sell him on signing.

Pau is casually talking about leaving if Mike D and Dwight are there when his contact is up.

Awful
Pau would make the Knicks scary.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I thought you were a long time lurker.

Haha. I need to pay better attention then.

I need some antler spray. The real shit, not the kind you get off Amazon.

Funny thing is some of the biggest Elk Antler producers are in Alberta. That stuff started getting popular about a decade again when I was still in the thick of the supplement and fitness industry.
I saw that report about Lewis and immediately started thinking about getting some for myself. I freakin ruptured my right Achilles playing some ball during the Christmas break. My body is old. Any help would be appreciated.

But yeah I help coach the base middle school team, you should fit right in. Free for you of course.

I might have gone overboard with describing shot mechanics. Haha. But a lot of people don't know these things. I just went full coach mode for a minute. Been stuck in my basement for month. :)
Cut some slack man.

Fatalah

JRCAL.gif

Zep

Banned
I freakin ruptured my right Achilles playing some ball during the Christmas break. My body is old. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff is an expert in doing too much at old(er) age and did the same thing. Watch out though, he might talk shit about you.

charsace

Awful

2 second rounders and McCurry's custom Knicks bib for Pau.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Jeff is an expert in doing too much at old(er) age and did the same thing. Watch out though, he might talk shit about you.

Low blow Zep. Low blow. :)

Yeah my 38 year old body has long fallen apart. Playing ball was a way for me to get into shape from herniating 3 discs in my back. :)

Jeff-DSA

I didn't rupture my achilles, but it's going to go one day in the not too distant future. I'm only 31 though. My issue was a blown up ankle that had to be rebuilt long ago and I kept playing on it until I blew it up so badly that it was no longer attached. A major surgery and a year off later and I'm good as new. The achilles will go at some point, but the doctor thinks I have another 5-10 years on it before it rolls up.

I might have gone overboard with describing shot mechanics. Haha. But a lot of people don't know these things. I just went full coach mode for a minute. Been stuck in my basement for month. :)
Cut some slack man.
You'll soon learn the first rule of this thread is to not take it seriously.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I like Pau, but fuck him.

Even Amar'e was willing to come off the bench if it meant it helped the team.

Totally different situation. Amare was coming back to a team that was playing its best basketball in something like 70 years and there was already MUCH noise about how he needs to settle for his bench role and not make a stink. He just read the writing on the wall.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You'll soon learn the first rule of this thread is to not take it seriously.

Oh dude I'm not. Don't worry.

I didn't rupture my achilles, but it's going to go one day in the not too distant future. I'm only 31 though. My issue was a blown up ankle that had to be rebuilt long ago and I kept playing on it until I blew it up so badly that it was no longer attached. A major surgery and a year off later and I'm good as new. The achilles will go at some point, but the doctor thinks I have another 5-10 years on it before it rolls up.

Yup. You are me 8 years ago. Had right ankle rebuilt. Two ligaments on the outside were destroyed. Doctors comments afterwards were along the lines of "you are lucky your Achilles hasn't ruptured. It was the only thing holding your ankle together this whole time".
And after years and years of consistantly tendonitis and pain it gave out.
Keep stretching those calves Jeff. And don't gain weight. This was not an enjoyable injury/surgery process.

charsace

Totally different situation. Amare was coming back to a team that was playing its best basketball in something like 70 years and there was already MUCH noise about how he needs to settle for his bench role and not make a stink. He just read the writing on the wall.

Before the season started Amar'e said he would come off the bench when returning.

linsivvi

Before the season started Amar'e said he would come off the bench when returning.

Pau would happily come off the bench if the Lakers had a real coach and can give a real reason why it would benefit the team. Nobody in the league has ever accused Pau of being selfish. He just doesn't respect the coach like everyone else.

There's no evidence why he can't play with Dwight anyway. Even last year the Lakers was one of the best rebounding teams in the league because of him and Bynum playing together.

Amar'e would not be happy to come off the bench too if Antonie was still the Knicks coach.

charsace

Pau would happily come off the bench if the Lakers had a real coach and can give a real reason why it would benefit the team. Nobody in the league has ever accused Pau of being selfish. He just doesn't respect the coach like everyone else.

There's no evidence why he can't play with Dwight anyway. Even last year the Lakers was one of the best rebounding teams in the league because of him and Bynum playing together.

Amar'e would not be happy to come off the bench too if Antonie was still the Knicks coach.

Hmm? Last year before Linsanity he was the one leading the charge, campaigning for everyone to play as a team and that guys should get to know eachother off the court to build bonds.

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213LAL2.HTM

The Pau/Dwight unit is turnover prone and one of their worst defensive lineups available while not being that much better offensively.

Nash,Kobe,Metta,Clark,Dwight lineup is far and away, statistically anyway, the best lineup they've had this season. Like, the difference between Pau at the 4 and Clark at the 4 is night and day.

Edit: You have to take the Lakers lineups with a grain of salt though because Dwight literally can't feel his legs lol wtf is he doing on the floor

Wall/Beal/Webster/Nene/Okafor lineup is stunning in terms of points allowed and scored.

Too bad as soon as Beal got hurt we got Bobcats bad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

The Pau/Dwight unit is turnover prone and one of their worst defensive lineups available while not being that much better offensively.

Nash,Kobe,Metta,Clark,Dwight lineup is far and away, statistically anyway, the best lineup they've had this season. Like, the difference between Pau at the 4 and Clark at the 4 is night and day.

Edit: You have to take the Lakers lineups with a grain of salt though because Dwight literally can't feel his legs lol wtf is he doing on the floor

Wall/Beal/Webster/Nene/Okafor lineup is stunning in terms of points allowed and scored.

Wish we had kept Clark :\

I was arguuing his overall movement is ugly. His a great player, arguably will go down even better than kobe/jordan. But he is no eye candy in terms of fluidity and footwork.

One of the reasons why I enjoy Durant and Kyrie more than LeBron because their games are smoother.

linsivvi

Hmm? Last year before Linsanity he was the one leading the charge, campaigning for everyone to play as a team and that guys should get to know eachother off the court to build bonds.

Let me put it this way: If Amare knows that he can help the team win and the only thing that gets in the way is an inept coach, he would have complained too.

That's basically what Pau is facing right now. Coming off the bench is not even the worst part. Players like Manu, Jet and Odom get starter minutes. Antoni played Pau less minutes than Clark and Jamison even when he had a great game.

It's a senseless ego trip by Antoni and you know it.

Except that Pau is not turnover prone, it's mostly Dwight. And turnover is a major problem because the coach wants them to play at a fast pace. Anyone with half a brain knows that when you have 2 big guy who can score you play a half court game. Pau was asked to play on the perimeter and shoot 3s until recently. You can't just use stats without looking at the context of the game. This isn't baseball.

The Clark-Dwight unit is more turnover prone than Dwight-Pau. But Dwight-Pau is the 19th best 2 man combo for the Lakers which is terrible. :(

I thought they were playing better together since Pau got back into the mid-post area before Dwight got hurt.

Dwight and Clark are turnover machines. But Clark helps on offense in other ways right now where Dwight is either two missed FTs, a turnover, or a bad shot about 50% of the time if not more often

Top Bottom