• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Darkman M

Gasol has played better than Dwight, in my opinion, when given a chance. Also, when he's not forced to take three pointers and long jump shots all game. They can go ahead and make Dwight happy, but if I were a Lakers fan I would not want Dwight to sign there. I don't think he'll ever be healthy again. Back issues are one of the worst injuries to have in basketball.

There are alot of people here including Laker fans that believe this, but it just isn't so. When Dwight is out of the game the Lakers interior D becomes a complete joke and it's fairly obvious the way teams exploit us in the paint anytime he isn't there. I like Pau, but he has no where near the impact Dwight has when he's on the court.

Spencer Checketts ‏@1280Spence
When asked about the last possession where Al's three was a tad short, Tyron Corbin: "It was a good shot."

Bill Oram @tribjazz

Tyrone Corbin interrupted my question about Jefferson's 3 at the end of regulation, said, "Good shot."

al-jeff-three.gif

He's made three threes in his career.

Srsly

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lebron+james,+today&lclk=today

Looking at lebron's game....he's such an efficient player with such a balanced game...but i'll never get over how ugly and robotic he looks while going at it. Yuk.

I don't really get why people think LeBron's game looks robotic, I've never seen it. It's not like he's some stiff like Shawn Bradley. I think people perceive LeBron's game to be robotic just because he is so strong and athletic. LeBron doesn't get pushed around like other players so he can stay more upright when doing his moves and his athleticism allows him to quickly explode over his defenders so he doesn't really need to fade or do a myriad of fakes. I guess this makes him look robotic.

There are alot of people here including Laker fans that believe this, but it just isn't so. When Dwight is out of the game the Lakers interior D becomes a complete joke and it's fairly obvious the way teams exploit us in the paint anytime he isn't there. I like Pau, but he has no where near the impact Dwight has when he's on the court.

And their offense looks like shit because he's a one dimensional player and they still lose even though the defense is improved.

fertygo

Marion's jumpshot is ugly. Blake Griffin's is too. Lebron's jumper looks about average to me

Their Jumpshot's super ugly, Lebron's better but its still ugly, not too mention he took it more often than them.

Fantastic player but overall I agree, I don't enjoy watching Bron playing since his flashy Cavs day.. I only watch the Heat in big match-up now, plus with the talk they're coasting blablabla..

I'm sorry but

http://i.imgur.com/Q2WMfh9.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

So you pick one of the worse one for LBJ and one of MJs best? I can find alot of all time great shooters who got flashed with a bad form.

[url]http://shatterthebackboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ray-Allen-3pt.jpg[/url]

[url]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfdSRE1Z8aoB9peH9V7CJcF14AxfCtFYdk0mY7ORvpSKCDpmKD[/url]

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
Cousins said he told the ref not to act like a "bleeping female" to get his second tech.

Ain't no coach fixing this.

Seattle will make him a rational man

fertygo

So you pick one of the worse one for LBJ and one of MJs best? I can find alot of all time great shooters who got flashed with a bad form.

http://shatterthebackboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ray-Allen-3pt.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...E1Z8aoB9peH9V7CJcF14AxfCtFYdk0mY7ORvpSKCDpmKD

What?

That's MJ trademark shot, the fadeaway. The Lebron's one isn't any different from pic that you posted. dem triangle elbow.

MJ's runner jumpshot was always ugly, but his fadeaway are eyecandy.

Btw what wrong with this?

Ray-Allen-3pt.jpg

Even the Bird's one ain't too bad and the swing must look nice.

Anyway even Kobe's jumpshot are fugly especially if his feet flailing to everywhere.

Buhahahahahahahahahahah
great post
What?

That's MJ trademark shot, the fadeaway. The Lebron's one isn't any different from pic that you posted. dem triangle elbow.

MJ's runner jumpshot was always ugly, but his fadeaway are eyecandy.

Btw what wrong with this?

Ray-Allen-3pt.jpg

Even the Bird's one ain't too bad and the swing must look nice.

Anyway even Kobe's jumpshot are fugly especially if his feet flailing to everywhere.
Its alot different. Mainly his elbow on the shooting arm is alot straighter, he mainly needs to straighten his guide arm. Rays elbow is too bent on that pic, but thats how he shoots in his later years and it works which is by far the most important part. Still though, bucks/sonics/jesus ray is picture perfect.

ral_200_030127.jpg

MJ pic has way too much guide hand, I would love to see that spin after he released. Not too mention how close his arms are.

It's pretty amazing how Cousins has a PER of 20 despite making zero impact on his team on offense or defense based on on/off court production. The team doesn't score more with him on the court or with him off of it, and the defense doesn't really change based on him being on the floor or not either.

Damian Lillard is hard to figure out based on stats as well...the Blazers are shit without him on offense and while they are better defensively without him (just by a bit) he still posts 18 and 7 on pretty solid percentages...but he has a pretty average PER of 16.

It's pretty amazing how Cousins has a PER of 20 despite making zero impact on his team on offense or defense based on on/off court production. The team doesn't score more with him on the court or with him off of it, and the defense doesn't really change based on him being on the floor or not either.

Damian Lillard is hard to figure out based on stats as well...the Blazers are shit without him on offense and while they are better defensively without him (just by a bit) he still posts 18 and 7 on pretty solid percentages...but he has a pretty average PER of 16.

PER dramatically overrates offensive rebounding and especially for Cousins since he never runs back hard on defense so that's why his PER is so much higher than his worth. PER also values volume scoring more than efficiency (even though Hollinger isn't a fan of low efficiency chucking so it's a bit strange). And of course, PER can't really take into account terrible defensive rotations and pick-and-roll defense that well.

Lillard's PER is low because his assist rate is low for the amount of minutes he plays and because he doesn't get stats on defense.

Top Bottom