• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Vahagn

Yet you still fail to look in the mirror and say "Wow, maybe I'm doin 2 much"

And you wonder why you get things like this. You go from not even attempting to google eFG%, to talking down to people, to ignoring the fact that you have issues dealing with people remembering that you do, to ignoring half a dozen people telling you that they're tired of seeing you fill the thread with the combination of such, to making assumptions about shit you know nothing about, to hypocritically calling out others for something you JUST did in this post and 3 others on the same page, to finding out that you may be wrong about something again - and not simply saying "oh, i see. moving on" you continue to fuck chickens and insult the people you're talking to.

People say dumb shit in a Apple thread they're going to be corrected or called out for it. A game thread. A movie thread. Etc. People want any kind of community or extended community thread to go on. Etc. Maybe some people here actually know other people here and meet up through this thread. But by all means, continue rolling down hill and slinging shit as you go.

Whenever you feel like saying you might have an issue, go right ahead. There's a strong, strong possibility that you're coming off like a douche - and blaming everyone else for not wanting to see others getting tied up in another one of your rants should be another nudge in the direction of a mirror.

There's so much wrong here but whatever. Just a couple things.

A) You're assuming I don't know what eFG% when I've used it in arguments before. You don't, I'm certain, even understand the argument I was presenting even though it was clear as day. I wasn't the one who said that DieHard's numbers don't include distance, a breakdown of 2's and 3's etc. that was Emwitus. I said DieHard's numbers don't include a breakdown of DIFFICULTY, which they don't. eFG% doesn't factor in difficulty. The fact that you pretend that all jump shots are equally difficult, or that the reason Player A shoots more difficult shots than Player B is completely his fault is just asinine. Many players have played who have been a threat to drive, but have still had to shoot fadeaway jumpers for many of their mid range shots because their jumpers were so well respected by the defense. Jordan, Nowitzki, Kobe all come to mind. Defenses didn't play Jordan close because they think he's a bad finisher at the rim they played him close because they respected his jumper, something that for years defenses didn't respect from Lebron.

B) Stop acting like everyone here at all times takes arguments completely on their merits. That you would, FOR ONE SECOND, ever take the side of someone you don't know, or even that you DONT LIKE, when they say something more intelligent then one of your friends on here. You're not a god damn objective history professor calling people out based solely on the merit's of their arguments, stop giving yourself or anyone else on here that kind of credit.

Other people will trash people who they don't know, or who are new, or who they don't like before they'd ever consider doing the same to you or someone else they "know" irrespective of the quality of their points.

I also don't see much of this new-found post game everyone's talking about. The guy is just driving to the rim and dunking in transition off steals. That's it. He'd cannot be defended 1on1 and Bosh and Wade are dropping 30 every other game too. What can you do? lol
No he's not. He's posting up 25% of the time and he has a nice hook shot now. The guy gets 1
or two transition dunks a game, 3 if we're playing a shit team like the Lakers.

Cloudy

Banned
No he's not. He's posting up 25% of the time and he has a nice hook shot now. The guy gets 1
or two transition dunks a game, 3 if we're playing a shit team like the Lakers.

Meh. Let's track the post-ups tonight. It is all transition dunks, bulling his way to the rim and fts. Very effective but I'm not impressed as a basketball purist

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
mirrors = kryptonite. noted lol
I also don't see much of this new-found post game everyone's talking about. The guy is just driving to the rim and dunking in transition off steals. That's it. He'd cannot be defended 1on1 and Bosh and Wade are dropping 30 every other game too. What can you do? lol

LBJ's ability to get to the post by himself, even if his post game isn't the prettiest in the league, creates everything for Miami. If he's not sitting directly in the middle of opposing team's defenses or threatening to do so whenever he feels, those other guys in Miami can't be anywhere near as efficient. He's not "just driving to the rim".

The fact that he can pretty much get anywhere on the court has been a known for years now. This is probably the first year where he's taken advantage of that as a full-time distributor as he's creating more angles and lanes for teammates by putting entire defenses on wheels as they pivot on him nonstop.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, it's more physical dominance than skill which I respect. I just don't think it makes him better than MJ or Kobe in their primes. Then again, I wasn't very impressed by Shaq either but at least LeBron can shoot now and he's a phenomenal passer (most impressive thing about his game to me)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yea if Kobe spent most of his career being a horrible jump shooter to the effect that a coach thinks they can defend him with a 5'5 guy in the Finals, he'd get wide open jumpers too.

We can't all be Lebron though.

Have you ever had a speedy little dude guard you? It's ridiculous. The floor might as well be crawling with ball stealing ninjas or something. Hardest guys to play against are little dudes.

I just found out that $350 console I bought two months ago is probably a dead console like the DC. Heat time to cheer me up, lets destroy these guys.

I just found out that $350 console I bought two months ago is probably a dead console like the DC. Heat time to cheer me up, lets destroy these guys.

Reason #152 of why never to buy consoles at launch.

I don't have a WiiU, but I hope it still does alright in the long-run...

Alright would probably end up looking pretty sad compared to last gen numbers of any system though.

rando14

I dont know shit about the Wii U/the new consoles but is it worth looking at if I hated the Wii? Havent bought a nintendo product since Ds Fat.

So has this board been in Lebron vs Jordan debates like ESPN has been doing all week. I get the appeal of doing it, its compelling to compare but there is no comparison. There is no Jordan, there maybe never a Jordan again. Let Lebron be Lebron, we should just enjoy what we are watching now cause it is pretty spectacular.

Top Bottom