• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nate is better than JL3. Trust me. He's much better. This year, he's been the Bulls' saving grace from a guard position.

I don't care if he's better, he annoyed the fuck out of me as a Knick. His rigged dunk contest win is the 21st century's greatest travesty.

Red Blaster said:
hmm Toronto will probably be in the playoffs with or without the Booze Crooze

The current 8th seed, Milwaukee, is 1 game over .500.

Toronto is 11 games under .500 with 29 games to go.

If they make the playoffs Colangelo and Casey deserve the miracle workers of the year award.

I don't care if he's better, he annoyed the fuck out of me as a Knick. His rigged dunk contest win is the 21st century's greatest travesty.

The current 8th seed, Milwaukee, is 1 game over .500.

Toronto is 11 games under .500 with 29 games to go.

If they make the playoffs Colangelo and Casey deserve the miracle workers of the year award.

Bucks are probably gonna blow it up at the deadline

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I haven't looked at salaries exactly but you'd think if this was a financial deal even though we're sending them someone we don't want in Bargnani they'd at least throw in a young prospect or pick our way.

Although I'm sure Colangelo would refuse any picks. Dude is allergic to drafting.

Flash

i don't want boozer lol, it's not worth being stuck in salary cap hell.

while Gay has been fantastic he is undoubtedly overpaid... I don't want two overpaid players. But it would undoubtedly make us playoff bound next year and possibly this year (Bargnani --> Booz is a HUGE upgrade) so I won't be surprised if BC pulls the trigger.

But really if BC is smart he should know that all the cards are on his hands. If the bulls management are as cheap as they are, I'm sure he could snag away that Charlotte first rounder from them.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I haven't looked at salaries exactly but you'd think if this was a financial deal even though we're sending them someone we don't want in Bargnani they'd at least throw in a young prospect or pick our way.

Although I'm sure Colangelo would refuse any picks. Dude is allergic to drafting.
Pick, are you kidding me? Boozer and Nate are clearly, clearly better than Bargs and JL3. Though, I bet if a pick is all it takes to get it done, then the Bulls would thrown in their first or second rounder for this year. Hell, that would just mean one less person they would have to pay.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Only because he's coming off the bench so his usage rate has dropped. If Gay wasn't here they'd still be running the offence through him and he'd be putting up 16 points and 1.5 rebounds.
LOL!!!!! What's amazing in all of this is that Boozer is defensive monster compared to Bargs. There are actually a strong contingent of Bulls fans that want this to happen because they think Bargs would provide floor spacing and finally give them another 3 point threat, lol.

I feel like this Boozer thing has an air of inevitability. During the Denver game, when Bargnani was on the floor the fans at the ACC were chanting "we want Boozer." The commentators even mentioned it, and I know management heard it.

Pick, are you kidding me? Boozer and Nate are clearly, clearly better than Bargs and JL3. Though, I bet if a pick is all it takes to get it done, then the Bulls would thrown in their first or second rounder for this year. Hell, that would just mean one less person they would have to pay.

Plus, you can turn around and trade Bargnani for Pau Gasol.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In his last 5 games, Bargnani is averaging 8 points and 1.5 rebounds.

Damn Bargnani really been working hard, haven't seen that number for a while on him.

I don't dispute that, I know the Raps are getting the better talent in the deal but as said above it's also putting us into salary cap hell for the next season or two.

I'm just saying you'd think we'd get a little bit extra on top for "helping" the Bulls out. Especially when although it would be great to get rid of Bargs the fanbase won't hang BC if he doesn't move him immediately but manages to do something in the offseason.

LOL!!!!! What's amazing in all of this is that Boozer is defensive monster compared to Bargs. There are actually a strong contingent of Bulls fans that want this to happen because they think Bargs would provide floor spacing and finally give them another 3 point threat, lol.

I promise that Andrea Bargnani will completely change how Bulls fans feel about their team.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I feel like this Boozer thing has an air of inevitability. During the Denver game, when Bargnani was on the floor the fans at the ACC were chanting "we want Boozer." The commentators even mentioned it, and I know management heard it.
You've got the smartest fans in the fucking league.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I wonder if Derrick Rose will ever get a sniff at a MVP

See that a perfect example of how weak the league is right now. Rose winning the MVP in what? His third season? How was there not a handful of players that had been in the league for 7-10 years that didn't have better years than he did?
I'm not saying that there was. I saying there should have been.

Flash

See that a perfect example of how weak the league is right now. Rose winning the MVP in what? His third season? How was there not a handful of players that had been in the league for 7-10 years that didn't have better years than he did?
I'm not saying that there was. I saying there should have been.

I think him winning MVP had to do with the Bulls having the best record in a league with super teams. And at the time, LeBron was one of the most hated athletes in sports.

So it's safe to say you'll be a lifelong Raps fan when the trade goes down?

dat curse

Finally read the MJ piece.

I know greatness is great and all, but he comes off as one of the biggest douches ever. I've read some stories or what not but man I can't imagine what it must be like to be around this guy a lot.

I also love how he tries to measure up how he'd guard lebron.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

I know greatness is great and all, but he comes off as one of the biggest douches ever. I've read some stories or what not but man I can't imagine what it must be like to be around this guy a lot.

I hope you never find out what Lebron is like then.

Flash

I also love how he tried to measure up how he'd guard lebron.

lol and lebron isn't a douche?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So it's safe to say you'll be a lifelong Raps fan when the trade goes down?
And abandon my Lakers right when they need me? Absolutely not! I follow Boozer, not the team that he's on.

I honestly can't believe the Nets aren't trying to get Boozer, if he's available. He's shown this year that he's still deadly in a PnR, and him and Deron run it extremely well. It would also give them a true starting PF, and it's not like their salary situation can get much worse, anyway.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can't figure out how Boozer fits with Toronto. Have no excitement about that move happening.

And being a Bucks fan I really really don't want to see Jennings go. I would be left with just Monta Ellis??? Serious? It was bad enough having Corey Maggette on the team for a year. Jennings and Bogut made it barable.

But when a young athlete says he has irreconcilable differences you can't change his mind.

*facepalm

reilo

Bron has an absolutely huge ego, but you can tell from the jump he's nothing like MJ. Doubt he makes his inner circle call him god.

Bron is more of the type that likes to be liked.

news_lebron-james-check-my-stats-1.jpg

reilo

Ken Berger said:
Dwight Howard says Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak has told him definitively he will not be traded before Feb. 21 deadline.

No shit.

Flash

I can't figure out how Boozer fits with Toronto. Have no excitement about that move happening.

And being a Bucks fan I really really don't want to see Jennings go. I would be left with just Monta Ellis??? Serious? It was bad enough having Corey Maggette on the team for a year. Jennings and Bogut made it barable.

But when a young athlete says he has irreconcilable differences you can't change his mind.

*facepalm

He gives us an immediate low post threat. As much as I like Amir Johnson and Val, I see them more as players who get buckets of broken plays/offensive rebounds.

Flash

it wasn't until last year that LeBron's PR team stepped it up. Before whenever he would open his mouth it would just scream douche.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

*facepalm

Ellis has a player option for next. He's gone.

I really think they need to blow it up, though. Jennings isn't good and paying him a lot of money isn't the answer.

KingGondo

Banned
I think it's safe to say that KD is a pretty decent person.

That's actually part of the problem. Jeffrey would have put YNB is his place by now.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
He gives us an immediate low post threat. As much as I like Amir Johnson and Val, I see them more as players who get buckets of broken plays/offensive rebounds.

I totally agree that his presence changes things down low. And the raptors will be better with him. Especially seeing as Bargs gives them nothing. They need to do this deal.
But it's just hard for me to picture Booz in that Raptors jersey.

Part of me is excited. Part of me feels dread.

Ellis has a player option for next. He's gone.

I really think they need to blow it up, though. Jennings isn't good and paying him a lot of money isn't the answer.

See I think Jennings is actually good. I think if there was another east coast allstar he deserved to be there. Hopefully he winds up somewhere that has a strong coach that can help the young guy get better.

Top Bottom