• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

This would have been the perfect time for Bron to try and reel off some 40+ or 50+ point streaks. That team isn't gonna give a fuck until the playoffs anyway and he is about as physically capable as he is ever going to be.

Maybe if Wade sits out. Problem for Lebron is:

1. It's not really in his nature to score that much that often (not a bad thing, mind you)

2. Wade is going to fuck with it if he's out there. Just don't think there's enough shots for Lebron to consistently go for 40-50 with Wade and Bosh there

3. Even if he did try, since Lebron won't keep shooting if he's not doing well, my guess is it will be blowout city if he is and won't finish games off.

Remember, Kobe only really did the 50+ on bad teams playing over 40+ min per game. He had that 40+ streak with Shaq but that was something crazy and Kobe really trying to establish himself as the best perimeter player. Bron got nothing to prove.

You get this from the new NBA site?

No, though I wasted enough time there lol. I just looked at his game log on B-ref and started with his 61 point game :p

Vire

Let's see if Lebron can score the same way Kobe does at age 34. We got some time, but I have my doubts.
Lebron is just as good of a perimeter shooter now, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Dwyane on the other hand... Once he loses all of his quickness, he's done. :(

But Wade looks great this year and I'm really happy that his knee isn't bothering him this season.

Another note for perspective about lebrons stretch if you want to compare to MJs/Kobes that DP posted, his average during the stretch is

32PPG at 71% FGs 50% 3FG 6.6ASTs 7.4Rebs

Edit: sorry thats with last nights game where he missed the mark included. Remove that and the PPG would be at least 30 but the FG% would be like 74%

MJ changed his game and his stats didn't fall off when he lost his speed. Kobe scores really well for his age but his D has gone to shit.

What other players have fought off father time nearly as well? Most guys fall off cliffs.

Lebron is just as good of a perimeter shooter now, so I wouldn't doubt it.

Dwyane on the other hand... Once he loses all of his quickness, he's done. :(

Yes, but Lebron is much worse at the crafty stuff you need when you get older. But he has a lot of time to learn it. I just have my doubts because players that rely on that much athleticism tend to work less on it.

Bron's footwork isn't in the same league (never was).

Plus, when you get older, you get banged up more. Kobe has played through injuries better than really anyone I can remember seeing. Remarkable, really. Just look at how much less effective Wade is when he's banged up right now.

edit: FWIW, i'm rooting for Bron. I want him to be amazing for a long time. I'm actually ecstatic he finally figured it all out this season.

MJ changed his game and his stats didn't fall off when he lost his speed. Kobe scores really well for his age but his D has gone to shit.

What other players have fought off father time nearly as well? Most guys fall off cliffs.

Kidd and Nash have been amazing for their ages. KG has adjusted really well as has Duncan. Kidd reinvented himself. KG and Duncan can't give you the 40 minutes anymore, though.

Moris - Jordan did fall off a but during his final Bulls years. Not as much his 1st year but the final 2. His last title his efg% was 47%.

His TO rate dropped but so did assist %. Basically, he took less chances passing the ball which dropped both.

Kobe at age 34 is actually shooting better and a more efficient scorer than MJ was.

Defense, however..........

interestingly, people complaining about how many minutes Kobe is playing, MJ played more minutes per game at age 34. Funny how the league has changed. So few 40mpg players now.

edit: 20 players averaged as many minutes as Kobe or more in 1998! Kobe is 6th right now.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Idk if this debate is valid while kobe has logged the years in the league he isn't old enough to have this debate yet. He says he plans to retire in 2 seasons but 4-5 when he is really on his last contract we'll be able to compare his last years with MJ's. Right now I got to say I think he is the better scorer but doesn't play Defense nearly as well. Considering his coach though is that his fault alone? I doubt it.

Idk if this debate is valid while kobe has logged the years in the league he isn't old enough to have this debate yet. He says he plans to retire in 2 seasons but 4-5 when he is really on his last contract we'll be able to compare his last years with MJ's. Right now I got to say I think he is the better scorer but doesn't play Defense nearly as well. Considering his coach though is that his fault alone? I doubt it.

I think Kobe's well past the need of any coaching.

Emwitus

I really would love for lebron not to win a ring this year. The tears would be so glorious. Especially if they get knocked out by a team like indiana. Espn & gaf is like one big konex.

diehard

Fleer
I really would love for lebron not to win a ring this year. The tears would be so glorious. Especially if they get knocked out by a team like indiana. Espn & gaf is like one big konex.

They would go quite well with the tears already there from laughing at one of the most hyped teams ever missing the playoffs.

charsace

Bron: 27.6pts 7 ast 7 rbs 33% from 3 48% overall

Bird: 25 pts 6 ast 10 rbs 37.7% from 3 50% overall

Not so sure 'bron has Bird beat' is how I would describe that. Bird also had 3 titles in those first 9 years.

edit: Bron's great and could have a better overall career than Bird (Bird got fucked over by his shitty body) but the argument isn't clearly in Bron's favor at the moment.

People that think Lebron is better than Bird have been doing a lot of crack. Bird was a better athlete than he is given credit for. He could have had the all time greatest numbers if his back wasn't shot to shit near the end.

People that think Lebron is better than Bird have been doing a lot of crack. Bird was a better athlete than he is given credit for. He could have had the all time greatest numbers if his back wasn't shot to shit near the end.
Better athlete than given credit for is still half a Lebron. We're talking one of the most athletic and physically gifted in the world. Nobody gives a fuck what you think couldve happened. Crack is wack...

charsace

Melo won't win MVP because he's Melo. And because the kicks fucking suck.

Heat 84 Knicks 104

C. Anthony 30pts, 10rbs, 2asts
L. James 23pts, 7rbs, 5asts

Heat 92 Knicks 112

C. Anthony Rest because we owned you the first game.
L. James 31pts, 10rbs, 9asts

So if I was you I would shut that fucking mouth.

Heat 84 Knicks 104

Heat 92 Knicks 112

The one year the Knicks aren't the biggest laughing stock in the league you decide to pop off. How cute. Even at our worst, crying in the locker stage, people took us more seriously than they do your clown team now. You really think you fucks have the slightest chance in the playoffs? No really?

charsace

The one year the Knicks aren't the biggest laughing stock in the league you decide to pop off. How cute. Even at our worst, crying in the locker stage, people took us more seriously than they do your clown team now. You really think you fucks have the slightest chance in the playoffs? No really?

I think we have a chance based on the beating we gave you guys in the last 2 games. The heat got a worse beating than Kunta got in Roots. If we meet in the playoffs it will be even worse.

espn write up on MJ, has some bit about him packing up his shit from his mansion in Chicago
For a rage-filled day and a half, he thought he'd lost two of his Bulls championship rings, No. 3 and No. 5. He tore the house apart screaming, "Who stole my rings? Who stole No. 5?"
this mental image is funny

KingGondo

Banned
Didn't get to watch the game last night... Not sure whether to think we need a trade, or if we can actually compete against the Heat if more shots drop.

I found it hilarious to hear that we got dominated on the boards early in the game. What the fuck is Perkins out there for?

I'm concerned that they've established a firm mental edge against us, and that we're happy to keep games close and hope for the win, rather than aiming to dominate like we do against the rest of the league.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we make some kind of move before the trade deadline.

fertygo

Didn't get to watch the game last night... Not sure whether to think we need a trade, or if we can actually compete against the Heat if more shots drop.

I found it hilarious to hear that we got dominated on the boards early in the game. What the fuck is Perkins out there for?

I'm concerned that they've established a firm mental edge against us, and that we're happy to keep games close and hope for the win, rather than aiming to dominate like we do against the rest of the league.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we make some kind of move before the trade deadline.

Bwahahahaha

Btw why Durant stopped playing at the post lately? Shit annoy me.

I think we have a chance based on the beating we gave you guys in the last 2 games. The heat got a worse beating than Kunta got in Roots. If we meet in the playoffs it will be even worse.
Fuckin cornball. Lets just fast forward too June, when your tail is neatly tucked between your legs.

Heat 84 Knicks 104

Heat 92 Knicks 112

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hold on

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The only reason the Thunder didn't get annihilated last night was because of their daily free throw parade. They have no chance in hell of beating the Heat as is.

KingGondo

Banned
The only reason the Thunder didn't get annihilated last night was because of their daily free throw parade. They have no chance in hell of beating the Heat as is.
We have a chance, but I think a trade for some scoring versatility inside would greatly help us and offset the one huge advantage Miami has: their small lineup.

I'm increasingly convinced we'll make some kind of move. This is a championship or bust year for us.
Heat need Al Jefferson.

No, seriously.

Or anybody not names Perkins because he is garbage.
Did you mean the Thunder need Jefferson?

Yeah, either him or Thrillsap would greatly help us. What would you want for them?

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, i did.

I don't know, but it would prob include some mix of Thabo, Lamb, and Reggie Jackson maybe?
I think Thabo is almost untouchable. He's so valued around here.

I'd give up Jackson, Lamb and the Raps pick for Millsap. Jefferson is too expensive for us.

Trade Ibaka for Josh Smith, you would actually have legit DPOY material with that.

I thought the same thing myself, but personalities have to be accounted for. Smoove and YNB on the offensive end is a whole lot of knucklehead. and no one in that organization seems to be a hard ass about nipping dumb fuck behaviour in the bud, I think it would be an out of control mess. The Thunder need a better coach.

crpav

Howard is a joke and a cancer. He doesn't care about winning or helping the Lakers. Kobe is hard to play with but if you surround him with players with the same intensity to win every night and the results would be different.

i laughed my ass off when Perk was guarding lebron on the perimeter and Bosh. Lebron rained a three in his face and bosh was running fast breaks and shit lmao

fertygo

I thought the same thing myself, but personalities have to be accounted for. Smoove and YNB on the offensive end is a whole lot of knucklehead. and no one in that organization seems to be a hard ass about nipping dumb fuck behaviour in the bud, I think it would be an out of control mess. The Thunder need a better coach.

I know that's the downside.. but I doubt adding one of Millsap/Jefferson will help them beat miami either, their defense would still like ass..

diehard

Fleer
I know that's the downside.. but I doubt adding one of Millsap/Jefferson will help them beat miami either, their iefense would still like ass..

You beat the Heat with post play and rebounding.

Jefferson went 23/11 on 14 shots last time they played.

Top Bottom