• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

But I want them to get swept by Rondoless Celtics

Lol, if only life was that good...

We have a chance, but I think a trade for some scoring versatility inside would greatly help us and offset the one huge advantage Miami has: their small lineup.

I'm increasingly convinced we'll make some kind of move. This is a championship or bust year for us

Did you mean the Thunder need Jefferson?

Yeah, either him or Thrillsap would greatly help us. What would you want for him?

It should be a championship or bust year, Presti will prove himself to be a lucky fraud if he doesn't make any moves before the deadline. The Jazz would be crazy not to take an offer of the Toronto pick/Martin or Perkins and whatever filler is needed for Jefferson.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are Lakers going to make the playoffs or what? I keep thinking they are going to go on some 10-1 run and get a position... but they keep disappointing.

KingGondo

Banned
When you say things like "Thabo is untouchable" I wonder how likely your team would be to actually let loose those assets.
I didn't mean literally untouchable. The only player that applies to is KD (and realistically, YNB). I simply mean we would have to get serious value in return since he has one of the best contracts in the league and is so integral to the way our team functions.

pathetic laker simp @ lakersground said:
When he got traded here I was excited we have the pick and roll master in Steve Nash with the most athletic big man of our time tailor made for the pick and roll. He said all the right things about Kobe but this clown hasnt changed if you want to have fun and collect your $20 million paycheck LA isnt for you it is only fun here when we win championships

Man doesnt this trade look good right about now

Philly gets Andrew Bynum C

Lakers get Andrew Igudola F
Nicola Vucecic C
Moe Harkless F
2013 1st rd pick

If we got that Mike Brown is still coach, Gasol is an all star and we are battling the Clippers for 1st place in the division

lulz

Emwitus

We have a chance, but I think a trade for some scoring versatility inside would greatly help us and offset the one huge advantage Miami has: their small lineup.

I'm increasingly convinced we'll make some kind of move. This is a championship or bust year for us.

Did you mean the Thunder need Jefferson?

Yeah, either him or Thrillsap would greatly help us. What would you want for them?

They biggest problem with okc was that it was built to beat the lakers.

otl_jordan50_01.jpg
jesus christ mj

Team still needs some more heart. Spurs should give the Lakers Manu for free.

Heck no! We're keeping Manu, even if we have to tape his hamstrings back together. I'm just happy Splitter has come along. All we need is a Thunder killer, and we should be set.

Maybe if we can deal Blair to Boston or Miami, like the rumors are reporting, we can get someone to build.

Flash

Lol Stephen A Smith is a clown

"I had a reliable source tell me this...Dwight Howard will categorically deny it, but i trust my source...when they were playing Toronto recently, he sat there on the court and told Rudy Gay, 'You messed up bad man. You should have waited and ended up with me in Brooklyn next year. That's what he told him.

Lakers played the Raptors before they traded for Gay. And it would make no sense for him to tell Gay that he messed up before he was traded (and as if he had any control over it). Smh lol how's he gonna blatantly lie like that or not bother to check the facts.

There's no way to measure these things, but there's a strong case to be made that Jordan is the most intense competitor on the planet. He's in the conversation, at the very least, and now he has been reduced to grasping for outlets for this competitive rage. He's in the middle of an epic game of Bejeweled on his iPad, and he's moved past level 100, where he won the title Bejeweled Demigod. He mastered sudoku and won $500 beating Portnoy at it. In the Bahamas, he sent someone down to the Atlantis hotel's gift shop to buy a book of word-search puzzles. In the hotel room, he raced Portnoy and Polk, his lawyer, beating them both. He can see all the words at once, as he used to see a basketball court. "I can't help myself," he says. "It's an addiction. You ask for this special power to achieve these heights, and now you got it and you want to give it back, but you can't. If I could, then I could breathe."

JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game. This is personal to him, since he'll be compared to this generation, and since he has to build a franchise with this generation's players.

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."
The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."
some quotes from that story

PBY

Banned
Finally finished both games from yest off the DVr (thanks vday!)

Some thoughts:
Daaaaaamn @ Bron
Wade/bosh, especially bosh tho looked great
I never complain about refs... But man there is some home cooking in that arena
KD was a lowkey beast- was tuurrible in the first and still look at his stats

And lol at the lakers. Wtf was that, game was over in 5 minutes.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Can't wait to read this whole story.
I think if Bron had to play against MJ he would respond to the challenge.
And I mean this in the way that if Bron had someone else in the league that could push him to improve. He really doesn't have anyone like that in the league right now.
I think it's great that Bron and KD workout together in the offseason and I would guess they use each other as a measuring stick. But it's nothing like what MJ had when he came into the league.
And we can't discount how good it was for MJ to have Pip there with him. To be able to battle in practice everyday and how that helped him improve through his career.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
lol David Thorpe

Guaranteed All-Stars

Andre Drummond

Strong chance of making at least one All-Star Game

Damian Lillard
Tristan Thompson

Fighting chance of making an All-Star Game

Ricky Rubio

Unlikely to ever make an All-Star Game

Klay Thompson
Nikola Vucevic

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My comment killed GAF. Boozer has more power than we know. I should call him up to apologize. It's a good thing that illiterate Taj can't read, or he would be snitching on me right now.

OK, besides Boozer, are there any other "great" players in the East not named LeBron?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My comment killed GAF. Boozer has more power than we know. I should call him up to apologize. It's a good think that illiterate Taj can't read, or he would be snitching on me right now.

OK, besides Boozer, are there any other "great" players in the East not named LeBron?

I don't think there is actually. KG was. Pierce has had moments. But yeah. Um... No

I don't think there is actually. KG was. Pierce has had moments. But yeah. Um... No

I wonder if Derrick Rose will ever get a sniff at an MVP.

I read this earlier in the day, awesome article.

And that's right bitches MJ has not left the building. He won't quit until he hoists another trophy up in the air for Charlotte.

2285: Mummy Jordan has hypnotized servant hoist NBA Championship trophy

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol David Thorpe

Guaranteed All-Stars

Andre Drummond

Strong chance of making at least one All-Star Game

Damian Lillard
Tristan Thompson

Fighting chance of making an All-Star Game

Ricky Rubio

Unlikely to ever make an All-Star Game

Klay Thompson
Nikola Vucevic
clown writer

reilo

It was 1 in the morning. They were flummoxed by a safe. Jordan hadn't opened it in years, and he couldn't remember the combination. Everything else stopped as this consumed him. After 10 failed attempts, the safe would go into a security shutdown and need to be blown open. None of the usual numbers worked. Nine different combinations failed; they had one try left. Jordan focused. He decided it had to be a combination of his birthday, Feb. 17, and old basketball numbers. He typed in six digits: 9, 2, 1, 7, 4, 5. Click. The door swung open and he reached in, rediscovering his gold medal from the 1984 Olympics. It wasn't really gold anymore. It looked tarnished, changed -- a duller version of itself.

What the shit :lol

The Bulls have offered Boozer and Nate Robinson to the Raptors for Bargnani and John Lucas III, and told the Raptors that the deal is there whenever they want it. Hey reggieland, you told me that if the Bulls offered Nate for JL3 that my abandoning of this organization would be justified, so now what?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ept-Bargnani-Boozer-Deal-Whenever-They-Choose

Fuuuuukkkkk...they have to take Nate Robinson? This is like a deal with the devil. I'd rather keep Lucas than have Hornswaggle on my team.

reilo

Eight years later, when he was the most famous person in the world and the Dream Team was forced to stay outside the Olympic Village, he'd be disappointed when that separation kept him from swapping pins again.

Oh man, they must have been pissed. Imagine the beautiful black babies they would have made.

Top Bottom