• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

So why do the stars not do it?

Because the Dunk Contest has become a rite of passage--you do it early in your career, get a win and then you walk away and hang with the vets in the audience.

It's like when you're a rookie and no one calls you by your name until Year 2.

It's shitty but dem's the rules.

pilonv1

They should have one defender and one dunker, and they have to try to dunk over a man. Would be more exciting and make it more personal

Durant an Westbrook try too hard. They look bad. Lebrun and Kobe looked good. Melo was wearing freaking Sherlock Holmes spectacles. Chandler was wearing a top hat. So overall the bad is just too noticeable.

nah, you see Lebron's ugly pants? Mamba stays winning with his fashion game tho, hes not caught up in all this hipster foolishness of today.

nick nacc

Banned
Lol didn't catch the pants. Was it shiny leather? Or too skinny? I hope you don't think all skinny jeans look bad

Ps BARkleys moms eyelid surgery made me scream, maybe because I just saw mama.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Awesome. SI ranked the worst dunk contests of all time.

Huh, I though they would be better.

All I hear is about how these NBA players do amazing trick shots in practice, but apparently in a game of HORSE all they want to do is shoot jumpers. There are a few okay shots from way outside and some nice layups, but nothing really that great. I mean, the guys struggle to make granny shots from the free throw line.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Reading from the SI article. I forgot about this one.

ijMnTi26owDIZ.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That really didn't seem so bad. Of course the youtube version was an edited shortened version, but as long as they didn't spend 2 minutes between each shot setting up props and getting people out of the audience I don't think it would be that bad.

I wouldn't mind it, because the commentary during it would be hilarious. They need to get guys in there that want to try trick shots and stuff though. KD looked like he just wanted to shoot 3s all day.

MooseKing

Banned
Tired of all the media hating on Evans and Ross because they are "nobodies".

MJ did two good dunks in 3 contests, and both are trivial by todays standards.

OH another Windmill Wilkins? OH OH OK BRO.

Top Bottom