• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I got beef with Barkley. I attended his basketball camp and the day he was suppose to come and teach us how to rebound correctly was the day he got traded to Houston.

I never learned how to play the rebound angles going to college. No room for a 6'4" PF with no rebounding skills. I would've been the first Ben Wallace who ironically went to same Barkley camp the year prior.

I got 2 tickets to a random VCU home game in exchange for not living the dream.

shira

Air-Jordan-XX8-Russell-Westbrook-PE.jpeg

smh

Canuck76

Banned
Chuck is still Top 10 even without a ring. Dude was a beast, anyone who thinks otherwise can choke on dicks

It's sad that the best part of dunk contests post-2003 are the commentators clownin ppl. Remove this shit from all-star weekend

Questionable. I'd like to see your top 10. Still dude was a beast and gets super underrated, i feel. (clyde drexler as well gets forgotten but dude took his team to two finals and a WCF in the early 90's.)

In Oahu right now, gotta say if you any of you guys get a chance to go surfing do it. It's so easy, wave practically takes your board and it's such a fun feeling being carried by the waves. Sliced my hands open on rocks tho and was bleeding all over

Kyrie is gunna go for that all star game mvp tonight, he knows he gets no national exposure on that Cavs team, so hes makin statements through the whole weekend.

"This weekend was just basically about earning everybody's respect and getting a chance for people to see me that usually don't see me," said Irving, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. "We're not nationally televised like some other teams. This weekend is to show my face and get everybody acclimated to my face in the league."-uncle drew

Talk as much shit about the contest as you want. But this dunk below is one of the best of all time. The PHANTOM version is just on another level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JeVke4rAUN4#t=47s

Holy crap. Someone GIF that please.

I fail to see how. Not one of the greatest of all time. Just watch people forget it just like they forgot about what Evans did last year.

BTW, "free Demar DeRozan" for an avatar? What the fuck do you want? He plays like 38 minutes a game already.

MooseKing

Banned
I fail to see how. Not one of the greatest of all time. Just watch people forget it just like they forgot about what Evans did last year.

BTW, "free Demar DeRozan" for an avatar? What the fuck do you want? He plays like 38 minutes a game already.

People will forget it because Terrence Ross did it. If Lebron did it half the world would be fapping and eating their own jizz over it.

Also, this avatar is a classic, if you don't know, you better ask somebody.

charsace

Kyrie is gunna go for that all star game mvp tonight, he knows he gets no national exposure on that Cavs team, so hes makin statements through the whole weekend.

"This weekend was just basically about earning everybody's respect and getting a chance for people to see me that usually don't see me," said Irving, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 NBA draft. "We're not nationally televised like some other teams. This weekend is to show my face and get everybody acclimated to my face in the league."-uncle drew

He's a beast of a scorer and the best ball handler in the world and has charisma too. Him being popular would be great for the game.

Brinbe

Talk as much shit about the contest as you want. But this dunk below is one of the best of all time. The PHANTOM version is just on another level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ke4rAUN4#t=47s

Holy crap. Someone GIF that please.
Couldn't find that, but did find
iS5bLvH89IFiX.gif
pretty good without the 10000000000 misses.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/16...yone-chill-out

Lakergnani
Bullgnani
Bobgnani
Cavgnani

...I can't come up with one for Golden State.
itfPP6NoZIg8Y.gif

MooseKing

Banned
While the TNT crew, Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith were talking shout about Terrence Ross.

This is what Ross was trying to do.

sbxGzGe.jpg

They should be fucking embarrassed.

Jeff-DSA

So, does anybody think that the dunk contest was not predetermined? Ross jumped over the Twitter CEO's son in a year when fan vote "decided" the outcome. Prime MJ would have lost to Ross. Never mind the fact that the "results" were handed in while voting was still open. Pretty lame.

It's like when Griffin jumped over the hood of OFFICIAL NBA SPONSOR KIA CAR OF 90% OF THE ALL STAR COMMERCIALS and happened to win. Lucky for KIA that they just happened to sponsor the winner!

The NBA is shameless.

While the TNT crew, Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith were talking shout about Terrence Ross.

This is what Ross was trying to do.

sbxGzGe.jpg

They should be fucking embarrassed.

What are they supposed to be embarrassed about? doing their job? what did you want them to do

everybody knows charity is always involved

linsivvi

Questionable. I'd like to see your top 10. Still dude was a beast and gets super underrated, i feel. (clyde drexler as well gets forgotten but dude took his team to two finals and a WCF in the early 90's.)

There are 6-7 centers alone that are clearly better than Barkley and it's not even debatable so he's clearly wrong. We are talking about all-time best. Barkley is somewhere down the list.

So, does anybody think that the dunk contest was not predetermined? Ross jumped over the Twitter CEO's son in a year when fan vote "decided" the outcome. Prime MJ would have lost to Ross. Never mind the fact that the "results" were handed in while voting was still open. Pretty lame.

It's like when Griffin jumped over the hood of OFFICIAL NBA SPONSOR KIA CAR OF 90% OF THE ALL STAR COMMERCIALS and happened to win. Lucky for KIA that they just happened to sponsor the winner!

The NBA is shameless.
Best part was that Evans went through to the final round when he had the lowest score.

MooseKing

Banned

The NBA is shameless.

Yes, because if there is one person you want to fix the dunk contest for. It's someone nobody knows at all.

Prime MJ couldn't do off the side of the backboard 360 windmill. Sorry. Prime MJ had two good dunks in 3 contest.

I may agree with the Griffin thing, because bringing a KIA car to the arena and an entire Choir is expensive as fuck, and nobody is going to invest the money "incase".

In terms of grabbing the Twitter CEO's kid. There were not exactly a ton of kids sitting in seats that costs tons of money. Terrence Ross also admitted he made the dunk up on the spot to go at Evans for doing similar stuff.

MooseKing

Banned
What are they supposed to be embarrassed about? doing their job? what did you want them to do

everybody knows charity is always involved

For being cowards. Instead of going at all the super-stars by NAME, and saying they are scared to ruin their rep. They bash Terrence Ross for being a nobody. Ross stepped up when none of the so called "stars" had the balls to, and won the contest. Doing dunks honestly I doubt any of them could do.

So why bash Ross. Don't be afraid you may not get interviews with the NBA elite anymore, and have the balls to call most of the high flying NBA stars what they are. Cowards.

The NBA is shameless.

Because if there's anybody the NBA is trying to push, it's not the dudes from LA or NY or a likeable and respected player like Faried. No, it's the guy who gets 8 minutes a night as Toronto's 10th man.

They did rush the text/online vote (who knows if they even counted it all), but I think that's more because it was running late than anything. They basically ended the broadcast 30 seconds after the winners were announced.

Dudes catching feels over a dunk contest...

really?

To this very day Allen Iverson still mumbles "we got robbed" in his sleep.

also is MooseKing, Trax/Blackface?

How many guys like that can there be?

yes.

Jeff-DSA

Dudes catching feels over a dunk contest...

really?

also is MooseKing, Trax/Blackface?

Oh, I don't care. I didn't think that Evans was deserving of the finals, but whatever. I'm just getting more irritated that the all star break is more and more about promotions than rewarding players for their on court achievements.

Oh, I don't care. I didn't think that Evans was deserving of the finals, but whatever. I'm just getting more irritated that the all star break is more and more about promotions than rewarding players for their on court achievements.

Agreed. Product placement really has been overbearing this weekend. Bringing in executives of Sprite to hand the trophies? Sigh. I mean I have my fair share of poisons, but it's really annoying that the NBA promotes unhealthy shit like that so much. Their whole NBA cares thing has always been hypocritical, it's just the case more and more...

The Los Angeles Clippers' options for dealing Eric Bledsoe should they reverse course and decide to part with their prized young point guard appear to be increasing before Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

Sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com late Saturday there is a level of mutual interest between the Clippers and Utah Jazz in exploring a deal that would feature Bledsoe as the headliner in a trade package for Jazz forward Paul Millsap.

On one hand, I love Millsap so I don't want to trade him :(
On the other hand, Favors and Kanter need to play.
Then again, Bledsoe is an idiot with no skills.
But Bledsoe is a beast defensively and is super athletic enough to volume score...
Millsap is a lot better than Bledsoe.
But I'm not sure we'll get something better for him :(
But would Corbin even play Bledsoe over Mo and Tinsley?

I have conflicting feelings about this rumor.

On one hand, I love Millsap so I don't want to trade him :(
On the other hand, Favors and Kanter need to play.
Then again, Bledsoe is an idiot with no skills.
But Bledsoe is a beast defensively and is super athletic enough to volume score...
Millsap is a lot better than Bledsoe.
But I'm not sure we'll get something better for him :(
But would Corbin even play Bledsoe over Mo and Tinsley?

I have conflicting feelings about this rumor.

Not gonna happen.

For being cowards. Instead of going at all the super-stars by NAME, and saying they are scared to ruin their rep. They bash Terrence Ross for being a nobody. Ross stepped up when none of the so called "stars" had the balls to, and won the contest. Doing dunks honestly I doubt any of them could do.

So why bash Ross. Don't be afraid you may not get interviews with the NBA elite anymore, and have the balls to call most of the high flying NBA stars what they are. Cowards.

yo dude you takin it way too hard

like I get your point about Ross stepping up but calling them cowards is LOL, they say whatever the hell they want on air and that's known. and for years they've been calling these dudes out by name, specifically lebron

so you are juuuuuust a bit too agitated

besides, stepping up but not practicing for it doesn't make it all that better....

Top Bottom