• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Blow what up? he can sign him out right. I think they mean they're trying to put a team around him.

Honestly, they are.

Lin
Harden
Parsons
T-Rob
Dwight

That's a damn good team and 2 superstar core (if Dwight is healthy) going forward.

Only dude they'd have to deal is Asik since he's overpaid and trading him will be very hard because of the way his contract works in trades.

He's being paid right at market value for a decent big man.

pilonv1

Blow what up? he can sign him out right. I think they mean they're trying to put a team around him.

Honestly, they are.

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Gasol
Dwight

That's a damn good team and 4 superstar core (if Dwight is healthy) going forward.

Rockets already have a better record than the Lakers, no need to add that cancer Dwight.

Canuck76

Banned

Rockets already have a better record than the Lakers, no need to add that cancer Dwight.

Fact is he's still putting up great numbers. If they can get him on a long term contract then their good.

Problem right now is this one year contract "will he or won't he" crap.

Also Houston fans will be happy to win a playoff series. There's no pressure.

He's being paid right at market value for a decent big man.

His final season is $15 million. The contract works differently for Houston than fr the 29 other teams should they trade for him. Yes, over the 3 year deal it's fine but for a team that trades for him it's fucking tough.

At $15 million against your cap, he's overpaid. Especially if it puts you in tax territory.

Asik actually has a decent contract for a center. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard at all to trade him away if they got Dwight.

It's not that simple. For trading purposes, Asik is worth $5 million to Houston but worth like $10 million to whoever receives him. This makes it very hard to construct a legal deal.

edit: Lin and Asik has weird contracts because of the loophole exploited. It makes their contracts the most difficult in the NBA to trade. Well, after Amar'e.

exarkun

I'd rather have Asik and trade the parts for something more useful than Dwight.

Agreed. Dunno what this hard-on for dwight is for. Give Asik a summer in the gym, dude is gonna be ballin (not like he doesn't have double digit double-doubles this season already)

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/houston-rockets/omer-asik/

He has a cap hit of $8.374 million per year which is reasonable for a big man.

Only on Houston. Not for teams trading for him.

I actually might have it a bit backwards. IIRC now, He counts as $8.4 million for Houston and $5 million for the other team until his last year when that switches to $15 million.

Again, Asik and Lin have a unique contract scenario where his cap hit to Houston is different than to all the other teams should he be traded.

He's basically untradeable in year 3. He's worth $15 million in cap hit to whomever receives him but only $8 mil to Houston. Unless you trade him to a team under the cap, it's not really possible to construct a trade.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Agreed. Dunno what this hard-on for dwight is for. Give Asik a summer in the gym, dude is gonna be ballin (not like he doesn't have double digit double-doubles this season already)

Not like D12 doesn't have a career average of a double double...

022112-Kyrie-Irving-SW-PI_20120221223259279_660_320.jpg

Top 5 here we come. CP3 just keeping that seat warm for Lil Kyrie

edit: But we blowing the tank and I want MJ Jr from Kansas :-(

Was at the game tonight....heard this little exchange near half court;

Rivers "Irving you know I gotta put 20 on you tonight dude"

Lil Kyrie "Yeah? I'm get 30 dude...I gotta go holler at Davis"

Kyrie blowin of fellow dukies = <3

The Lakers should really try to lock up Clark. Failing to do that, I think they're REALLY going to feel the lack of draft picks. Lucking out with him is almost like they got a good first round draft pick or something, except they'll have to pay him sooner.

THRILLH0

Banned
So gaf shat the bed during the PS4 conference which means there's a high likelihood e3 will bring it down for at least part of the finals.

With all the coin evilore pockets from ads, why the hell doesn't he pony up for someone to run the site's infrastructure properly?

linsivvi

Where you getting this from? Coon seems to disagree.

Kad is right. From what I've read, the poison pill contract only matters to the team trying to match. After that, the Rockets or whatever team they trade him to will only get the cap hit of the average salary of the contract.

The only negative effect this would have is that you still need to pay $15M to Asik and Lin on year 3. So after the first couple years it becomes very hard to trade them unless you can find a team willing to pay $15M for a year of their services.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8180998/nba-jeremy-lin-six-degrees-separation-poison-pill

This matches what I've read on other forums. Very interesting tactic for 2nd round players. I expect this loophole will be closed the next CBA.

Blackace

022112-Kyrie-Irving-SW-PI_20120221223259279_660_320.jpg

Top 5 here we come. CP3 just keeping that seat warm for Lil Kyrie

edit: But we blowing the tank and I want MJ Jr from Kansas :-(

Ben McLemore?

Cavs were never first pick bad..

But I think there are a few good volume scorers in this draft

Why draft another volume scorer when they have Irving and Waiters?

Waiters is ideally a 6th man Microwave Johnson guy on a good team.

Irving
Mclemore
Free agent
Thompson
Varejo

Waiters
Zellers

Is a great young foundation and Andy could be dangled for a PF as Thompson/Zellers can handle C in the east.

Vahagn

If the rockets get Howard and keep Lin, Harden and Parsons that team is going to be real scary moving forward.

Also, I think it's going to take at least a few years before a healthy OKC team can beat a healthy Miami team unless something big changes.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh > Durant/Ynot/Ibaka in a 7 game series every time until Wade's body breaks down I think.

bjb

Banned
Can you imagine Royce White and Howard on the same team? They'd have to have a psychologist intervene during every timeout.

I hope shit actually goes down. We know Smoove is on the move, but if nothing else happens? welp...guess Ill salivate to that PS4 shit. Been a PC only guy for years and what i saw last night was impressive.

Blackace

I hope shit actually goes down. We know Smoove is on the move, but if nothing else happens? welp...guess Ill salivate to that PS4 shit. Been a PC only guy for years and what i saw last night was impressive.

I wouldn't be shocked if Smoove didn't move.

I feel like JJ will move tho...

KingGondo

Banned
I missed the ongoing messages from last night...does Gondo still think the Harden trade was a good idea?
I do think we got about the best value we could out of the deal, but I definitely wish we still had him. We're still in good shape, but obviously Harden gives us a dimension and closer we now lack.

That game stung for sure. I remember when Harden took over game 4 against the Mavs in last year's playoffs, and that's how he looked last night. :(

I do think we got about the best value we could out of the deal, but I definitely wish we still had him. We're still in good shape, but obviously Harden gives us a dimension and closer we now lack.

That game stung for sure. I remember when Harden took over game 4 against the Mavs in last year's playoffs, and that's how he looked last night. :(

In brief, Gondo am cry.

jjasper

It's NBA Christmas Day.

Also I watched some of the PS4 conference this morning. Really like what a saw seems like they have learned a lot from the PS3. Hopefully they get the price right this time.

Said this in another thread but there's no way I buy another loud ass first iteration console after enjoying my slims.

Expecting the ps3 to be almost as bulky as the dev kit pics and about as loud as the first 360's.

Bread

Banned
It's NBA Christmas Day.
I predict a boring ass christmas, I'd love to be wrong though.

I'm going PS4 day 1, Killzone sold me. That's a launch title? God DAYUM this generation is going to be great. Can't wait to see it in 3d with my move controller...*drools*

TOl.png

@Mike Prada
Westbrook shot the ball this play. He's behind all three Rockets defenders
enjoy our shitty draft pick. For your sake, I hope you guys gets a decent point guard out of it.

dalVlatko

Adrian Wojnarowski &#8207;@WojYahooNBA
Lakers offering Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Devin Ebanks, Darius Morris for 2nd-rounders, sources say. Looking to unload, free roster spots.

lol

no one wants any of that

otapnam

Said this in another thread but there's no way I buy another loud ass first iteration console after enjoying my slims.

Expecting the ps3 to be almost as bulky as the dev kit pics and about as loud as the first 360's.

Hardware has evolved alot in the last 8 yrs man, dont lose hope !

I'm waiting until they get the sports titles right. I hope the sports titles don't get nerfed and work like shit like they first did when the current gen first came out

Also I really hope systems aren't complete ass like when the 360 first came out. the RROD shit was awful

Hardware has evolved alot in the last 8 yrs man, dont lose hope !

These things are bulky for a reason--hardware takes time and R&D to downsize.

As far as sports titles..yea, I'm expecting 2k to be on point,but it would be tragic if Madden bulls its shit again just as it was getting good..

Top Bottom