• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

It's obvious that the Celtics are looking to rebuild, but they're not happy with the offerings they're receiving. Celtics fans might have to wait till the offseason so Ainge can have some time for reality to sink in.

jjasper

They were apparently "notified" before the Robinson trade.

Don't know if they had any say in it though.
They don't. At least not until the sale is finalized.

At least that is what was said last year when people asked if Pera would have a say in the draft and offseason FA for us this past offseason.

It irks me that Lillard is getting hyped up as an elite pg while Kemba is getting no love at all. They're the same age and they're neck and neck statistically. That Bobcat taint is tough to clean off.

The Harden and Gay moves were the big ones. Maybe smith gets moved but there won't be many other deals. I think for the most part contenders are font t with what they have and the new CBS is having an effect.

The one team with the capability to pull off a big move is the clips but they're too scared to anything. I think they're stupid of course. It's like when they almost did t want to give up Gordon for cp3.

Woj says the Spurs are interested in Reddick, but he seems like a major redundancy on that team, they're already loaded up on knock down shooters. Green, Bonner, Neal. that team doesnt need more firepower.

Neal is a free agent and Bonner never does anythin in the playoffs. If anything, Bonner screws up our spacing because he won't take the 3 pointer and does a stupid drive/missed hook shot int he paint.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It irks me that Lillard is getting hyped up as an elite pg while Kemba is getting no love at all. They're the same age and they're neck and neck statistically. That Bobcat taint is tough to clean off.

I'm not sure you know what neck-and-neck means. You should also look at their splits and see that Lillard is playing better as the season goes along, while Kemba worse. Not to mention that Lillard is the bigger of the two, which usually pays dividends in a league like this.

Flash

The Harden and Gay moves were the big ones. Maybe smith gets moved but there won't be many other deals. I think for the most part contenders are font t with what they have and the new CBS is having an effect.

The one team with the capability to pull off a big move is the clips but they're too scared to anything. I think they're stupid of course. It's like when they almost did t want to give up Gordon for cp3.

OKC should definitely make a move too. Package Lamb + Toronto 1st for something that will help put them against small ball line ups.

But they seem way too comfortable, and it seems their coach loves Perk.

Rumours have it that Raps are trying to get Telfair? Didn't realize he was still in the league lol. Hadaddi + future 2nd for Telfair. Not a bad trade I guess, we need some relief at PG (though not sure he's exactly the answer...) and Haddadi won't ever play here seeing he can't cross the border due to Visa issues. Oh well.

What trade should they do? Getting KG would be extremely stupid. They'd be better off waiting until the off-season before looking at trading Bledsoe. I think the Clippers are title contenders now when completely healthy, and the most questionable players health-wise are Billups and Paul, both of whom are guards. If you lose Bledsoe, you would have an even worse situation than the one in which the Clippers went something like 2-8 or 3-7.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC should definitely make a move too. Package Lamb + Toronto 1st for something that will help put them against small ball line ups.

I think we have the guys on our team right now to combat the Heat's smallball, the problem is that Brooks doesn't play it (especially to start the game).

At the very least, Collison should start in place of Perk at center. That would help us a lot against Miami.

The one guy I'd really like to see in OKC is Mbah a Moute. If we can strike a reasonable deal for him that'd be perfect. He's big and strong enough to guard LeBron in stretches, and would approximate the versatility we used to have in Jeff Green.

Flash said:
and Haddadi won't ever play here seeing he can't cross the border due to Visa issues. Oh well.
Wait... really?

Rumours have it that Raps are trying to get Telfair? Didn't realize he was still in the league lol. Hadaddi + future 2nd for Telfair. Not a bad trade I guess, we need some relief at PG (though not sure he's exactly the answer...) and Haddadi won't ever play here seeing he can't cross the border due to Visa issues. Oh well.

Offer that for harden

Seriously though okc doesn't want to take on salary so good luck making a solid trade with those assets. I'm guessing they will wait til draft day to deal it.

What trade should they do? Getting KG would be extremely stupid. They'd be better off waiting until the off-season before looking at trading Bledsoe. I think the Clippers are title contenders now when completely healthy, and the most questionable players health-wise are Billups and Paul, both of whom are guards. If you lose Bledsoe, you would have an even worse situation than the one in which the Clippers went something like 2-8 or 3-7.

They have no big outside of griffin to rely on in the playoffs. Besides Jordan being overrated he's useless late in games and odom just sucks.

Bledsoe a d Caron for millsap. They'd be real title contenders with that and possibly good enough to best Miami. It's a risk since Barnes fades in the playoffs but millsap can play some 3 too.

dalVlatko

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Source: Wizards guard Jordan Crawford will be traded to the Celtics.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Heat has agreed to send forward-center Dexter Pittman and a second round pick to the Grizzlies for a trade exception, sources tell Y! Sports
Retweeted by Adrian Wojnarowski

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not sure you know what neck-and-neck means. You should also look at their splits and see that Lillard is playing better as the season goes along, while Kemba worse. Not to mention that Lillard is the bigger of the two, which usually pays dividends in a league like this.

Lillard actually has NBA players on his team though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lillard actually has NBA players on his team though.

Which means he's got people to share the ball with in more ways than one. Do opposing teams even bother to trap Kemba beyond the threepoint line?

Your almost guaranteed to get either jabari or Wiggins... Be patient.

I think Vonleh is every bit as good as Parker, I'd be happy with any of them though.

#3 pick, guaranteed.

Top 3 is good enough for me, I want Vonleh over Parker anyway. Assuming he doesn't go top 2.

Their Ortg and Drtg are exactly the same. Kemba has a slightly better win share percentage as well. Their size difference is substantial though, that will pay dividends for Lillard over Walker, especially as their athleticism starts to fade.

I'm officially on the Earl Clark can be a good player off the bench train.

This season he's averaging 8 and 6. In his last 21 games where he was actually given minutes he's 11 and 9 shooting 47% and 37% from 3.

It's awesome because if we keep him, he and JHill will be a great PF rotation while Hill can give Howard rest at C. Basically making Pau redundant and opening up next year's trade deadline dump.

Also Wade's Li-Ning logo is a butthole. It doesn't just look like one, it is a butthole.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Which means he's got people to share the ball with in more ways than one. Do opposing teams even bother to trap Kemba beyond the threepoint line?

That's... exactly why we're a fundamentally broken team. Kemba is one of the best scorers off the pnr in the league. There's not a single roll man in Charlotte though. The only time the team looks like functioning is when he's on the court. He gets pressured high and it basically makes our entire team go to shit because all shots turn into last second ones.

Top Bottom