• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Flash

I don't know the dude is pretty much complaining about what I have had to deal with for the last 2 years.

meh, I've seen him readily pass the ball quite a bit. He looks to reward our bigs for running the floor and rebounding too which he doesn't have to do.

Yesterday he looked different though. It felt like he wanted to prove himself to his old team and ended up playing right into your guys game plan. I'm not worried though, Memphis is one of the top teams in the league and we kept it close despite brutal percentages from DeRozan and Gay.

Emwitus

I think jim is afraid. Now with buss gone, if phil is back as coach, their won't be anything stoping him from going up in the ranks and having a bigger say than anyone in the laker organization. His status did him in. I know if i'm phil, i ain't listening to jim joker buss.

Why is Jeanie taking care of business side and not the basketball side? Doesn't she have more basketball acumen than her brother?

I'm pretty sure it was kind of a fatherly decision to have his son do what he did. I might be wrong though

Phil is such a pimp though. He is basically saying whatever the hell he wants about his woman's organization while still banging her and giving zero fucks

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Unfortunately, it'll be Jim. I don't see how this will work long term. You can't have 2 persons who already don't get along to run different parts of the team. There will be clashes within a few years, if not sooner.
The thing is he has been in charge and Phil was banging his sister

Knowing Phil he was talking shit too

Disappointing trade deadline all around. I'm really surprised that all the Thunder did was move Maynor for a mediocre bench player. They have a huge expiring and several firsts they could have dealt for a quality veteran to give them a better shot at a championship. Presti is asleep at the wheel.

Flash

Disappointing trade deadline all around. I'm really surprised that all the Thunder did was move Maynor for a mediocre bench player. They have a huge expiring and several firsts they could have dealt for a quality veteran to give them a better shot at a championship. Presti is asleep at the wheel.

cheap owner? only thing that explains his moves over the last year

It's weird how people here know that Jim and Jeanie don't get along. I guess that's just the culture we are in right now.

It'll play out however it plays out. No reason to speculate.

pilonv1

Jenkins traded :(

You got a good one for once Knux. Can't say the same about Tyler to the Hawks. Dude has potential but just looks lazy on court.

linsivvi

It's weird how people here know that Jim and Jeanie don't get along. I guess that's just the culture we are in right now.

It'll play out however it plays out. No reason to speculate.

She's been on record speaking out against her brother during interviews.

And then there's the report where they've not spoken to each other this season.

I just don't share your optimism, especially after reading Jim's resume.

Anthony Morrow ‏@MrAnthonyMorrow
I'm on 100 right now in so excited
this is a great pick up for the Mavs. and Id be excited too, Mavs arent even playoff contenders and that scene is more exciting than Phillips Arena culture

linsivvi

Pretty sure all his kids own equal and undividable interest through a trust. Jim has spent years being groomed for this job. Not sure how much basketball Jeanie knows.

That's the thing. Jerry Buss won because he put people he can trust in power and let them make the decisions and I think she'll do just that.

Jim Buss will instead make the decisions himself.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
tumblr_milfyh6SaB1qbcs46o2_400.gif

tumblr_milfyh6SaB1qbcs46o1_400.gif

all over my ____

JJ not better than Ellis?...naah, Chuck.
But hes right about Utah tho, what a dumb move. They aint making it out of the first round of the playoffs, so why keep Millsap and Jefferson when one of them is sure to walk this summer?

She's been on record speaking out against her brother during interviews.

And then there's the report where they've not spoken to each other this season.

I just don't share your optimism, especially after reading Jim's resume.
I'd love to see that interview first I've heard of it.

Not buying the notion they didn't talk especially since their father was dying. Media is media.

I'm not espousing optimism. I'm just saying to stop buying everything the media says and just let it play out. It's out of our control. No reason to speculate on the relationship between them and other things.

For one, ill worry when Mitch leaves.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I'm pretty sure it was kind of a fatherly decision to have his son do what he did. I might be wrong though

Phil is such a pimp though. He is basically saying whatever the hell he wants about his woman's organization while still banging her and giving zero fucks

Yeah they say daughters fall for their fathers and daddy buss was a G himself so it makes sense.

Top Bottom