• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

I remember when Monta first was coming up with the Warriors I never thought he was a star but likened him to Bobby Jackson. Bobby Jackson scared the shit out of me on those Kings teams back in the day coming off the bench, but nobody had this delusion that he was a star player in the making or deserved to be a starting PG. If more players and GMs realized this teams could be stacked. Monta would be a beast off the bench for some good team, but he thinks he's Allen Iverson and GMs pay him like he is.

Until Monta fixes his head, his game will never recover. He needs a Greg Popovich in the worst way.
Riveting post from a Knicks fan. So full of thought and insight. I am humbled, sir.

ead
Curious, what does one's fandom have to do with it? Thought it was a graphics discussion.

ib4XcdJS4xwWi.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol

you do realize we're rebuilding right?

trading an asset for nothing and then trading your young soon to be expiring SF who's helped change the tone of your team defensively for an aging vet who's apart of the old big three?

Just fucking slit my throat already.

Crawford stopped being an asset as soon as he hit the media with how disgruntled he was

Blackace

I remember when Monta first was coming up with the Warriors I never thought he was a star but likened him to Bobby Jackson. Bobby Jackson scared the shit out of me on those Kings teams back in the day coming off the bench, but nobody had this delusion that he was a star player in the making or deserved to be a starting PG. If more players and GMs realized this teams could be stacked. Monta would be a beast off the bench for some good team, but he thinks he's Allen Iverson and GMs pay him like he is.

Monta has loads of talent

Bench player? Bobby Jackson? Yeah that's pretty out there!

Emwitus

Kobe was great and all yesterday, but man, i hope nash sat him down and spoke to him how the lakers started turning things around. I hope he doesn't go gunning again down in denver or will get another blow out. The last time we beat denver we went inside out throught dwight....please get back to that and kobe moving the ball.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Thankfully we have Beal. If we had MKG he'd probably be a Wizard right now.

I can imagine Monta in a bobcats uniform though.

You think Jordan would take Monta? He hasn't proved yet that he doesn't make bad decisions. :)
But anything would be a positive over what the Ben Gordan situation has been.

I love the idea of him being a dangerous player off the bench. But he would never take that role. He has it all remember? Him and Wade.

Kobe was great and all yesterday, but man, i hope nash sat him down and spoke to him how the lakers started turning things around. I hope he doesn't go gunning again down in denver or will get another blow out. The last time we beat denver we went inside out throught dwight....please get back to that and kobe moving the ball.

Kobe had 7 assists yesterday and not to mention a blown layup or 2 from his passes.

The fuck you talking about? Kobe moved the ball just fine. Not every loss is his fault. He can move the ball and MWP can still end up chucking like a moron.

pilonv1

If Knicks had capspace they'd sign him, fuck, if NYK had assets or picks to trade he'd be a Knick right now. Monta is the embodiment of Knicks basketball

Monta & Nate Robinson playing together last year was like Knicks east. Would go from horrific to amazing to atrocious within 30 seconds.

giri

Come on. I would be furious if we signed Monta.

Oh, they probably will. and pay 13 or 14M while they're doing it.

Then dragic will get pissed off and request a trade.

And they'll ship out dudley with dragic in return for some useless shit like bradley or felton or hinrich. Probably Hinric, because the suns are win now, of course.

The the suns will be worse than the kings. And the FO a confirmed joke that people will expect to be able to abuse in trades.

Then after 5 years of shit ticket sales sarver might consider selling, or just relocation.

Blackace

Haha. Both.

But I meant MJ this time around.
I'm not knowledgable on all the player moves MJ has done in his new role. But I haven't really seen him make any real positive noise either.
Has he?
Honestly putting Monta on the Cats would a bad move
Considering the have a young core and new coach

So he'd probably do it

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Can you imagine having Monta for 80 games a season? Suns fan won't have to imagine!

Emwitus

Kobe had 7 assists yesterday and not to mention a blown layup or 2 from his passes.

The fuck you talking about? Kobe moved the ball just fine. Not every loss is his fault. He can move the ball and MWP can still end up chucking like a moron.

The last quarter was all kobe. Yes he made those buckets but are those shots i want kobe taking against teams like denver or okc? Teams that run or defensive teams? HELL NO. You're being delusional if you think kobe averaging 30 is going to get as anywhere.

EDIT: And if you've been following the games, the ball movement that was there 5/6 games ago is now all but gone.

pilonv1

Honestly putting Monta on the Cats would a bad move
Considering the have a young core and new coach

So he'd probably do it

Monta & Kemba would be fun.

I thought Milwaukee would be a good spot for him since there's plenty of interior defense but he needs the ball in his hands to be really effective. I don't know if playing him with Dragic would be any better than Jennings.

Blackace

Monta & Kemba would be fun.

I thought Milwaukee would be a good spot for him since there's plenty of interior defense but he needs the ball in his hands to be really effective. I don't know if playing him with Dragic would be any better than Jennings.
They would be a crazy fastbreak team

thekad

Banned
That won't stamp out hope.. The Jazz have a pretty brutal schedule to end the year, there is a good chance the Lakers get in.
The Jazz have a decent lead and the Lakers April schedule is pretty brutal:

DAL
MEM
LAC
NO
@POR
GS
SA
HOU

I could see them losing every single one of those games.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Jazz have a decent lead and the Lakers April schedule is pretty brutal:

DAL
MEM
LAC
NO
@POR
GS
SA
HOU

I could see them losing every single one of those games.

Lakers still have the 4th easiest schedule overall remaining.

I had no clue that Denver's home record was so good. Also, the playoff picture is looking real good.

Clips/Warriors
Thunder/Jazz
Grizzlies/Nuggets

then there's

Knicks/Bulls
Nets/Hawks
Pacers/Celtics...

Western Conference playoffs are gonna be a blood bath.

Edit: Rose can dunk again, return is soon.

Emwitus

^Yup i'm penning it in as a loss. Only 3 teams have won in denver...and kobe is in kome mode, so yeah. I guess it's back to hating again. It seems so long ago when we were losing 20/30 point leads. Now its just neck to neck.

Nori Chan

^Yup i'm penning it in as a loss. Only 3 teams have won in denver...and kobe is in kome mode, so yeah. I guess it's back to hating again. It's so long ago when we were losing 20/30 point leads. Now its just neck to neck.

i see a 4-15 performance from kobe and dwight will foul out

lol ditto. In all this "winning" no one has noticed dwight has again reverted back to his 8 shots a game and kobe to 20.

God you're annoying. Dwight was in foul trouble yesterday and wasn't out there long enough to get shots and he obviously doesn't get the ball in the final 4 minutes.

Before last night here are his last 4 games FGA

14, 13, 10, 15.

with 12,8, 8, 6 FTA.

Kobe's only shot a lot the last 2 games. They needed it in the Portland game. And I'm sure you forgot how his took ZERO shots in the 2nd quarter of that game and were playing from behind at times.

Look, Kobe may shoot a lot tonight. It's the worst B2B in the NBA. I give em a 90% chance to lose. But just fucking stop with this bullshit. Kobe is moving the ball. Yes, he started to chuck a bit late yesterday when the team was reeling. They needed it. He also got Nash his open 3 and let Nash run some late game offense, too.

So fucking stop. ARGH.

Emwitus

God you're annoying. Dwight was in foul trouble yesterday and wasn't out there long enough to get shots and he obviously doesn't get the ball in the final 4 minutes.

Before last night here are his last 4 games FGA

14, 13, 10, 15.

with 12,8, 8, 6 FTA.

Kobe's only shot a lot the last 2 games. They needed it in the Portland game. And I'm sure you forgot how his took ZERO shots in the 2nd quarter of that game and were playing from behind at times.

Look, Kobe may shoot a lot tonight. It's the worst B2B in the NBA. I give em a 90% chance to lose. But just fucking stop with this bullshit. Kobe is moving the ball. Yes, he started to chuck a bit late yesterday when the team was reeling. They needed it. He also got Nash his open 3 and let Nash run some late game offense, too.

So fucking stop. ARGH.

You know what, get your temper away from me and lets agree to disagree buddy.

Omega

Banned
Until Monta fixes his head, his game will never recover. He needs a Greg Popovich in the worst way.

Curious, what does one's fandom have to do with it? Thought it was a graphics discussion.
i guess he thinks im going to get mad and hopefully take the discussion away from his shitacluar post

Top Bottom