• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

diehard

Fleer
/rolleyes

"My Honda with $10,000 worth of mods is faster than your Mustang GT!"

See the difference is you have the ability to mod things on the PC.

It isn't a negative.

So it's more like "My Honda with free mods is faster than your Mustang GT that you can't mod"

Killzone continues to have zero charm or soul.

Uncharted 2 was probably my favorite PS3 game, what happened to 3 tho? The first 12 or so chapters were so average. That game didn't begin for me until the boat sequence which was great.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
See the difference is you have the ability to mod things on the PC.

It isn't a negative.

It isn't, but it's a shitty comparison/trump card and you know it.

Nah, a bunch of people are like "look at this killzone gif of a building in the background you're stupid if you don't think this looks amazing aghhh." 99% of the people don't even understand what the specs mean aside from "8 RAMs is better than 4 RAMs!"

But yeah, whatever demo Naughty Dog shows at E3 is gonna rock faces. Too bad they killed off Wipeout, or at least the studio that made it. Hopefully Ridge Racer crawls out of its grave.

It's true. But even then, we are talking pre-launch devkit shit here -- on a lower-end specced dev kit at that. Remember Resistance and how that looked for a launch game?

Killzone continues to have zero chamr or soul.

Uncharted 2 was probably my favorite PS3 game, what happened to 3 tho? The first 12 or so chapters were so average. That game didn't begin for me until the boat sequence which was great.

The funniest thing about Uncharted 3 were people complaining that it wasn't open world and "too linear". What fucking franchise have you been playing bruh?

best thing about pee ess 4 is that we can finally get way more PC games that aren't just uprezzed DX9 games anymore

Killzone continues to have zero chamr or soul.

U3 was handed off to the B-team while the top dogs worked on Last Of Us

It's true. But even then, we are talking pre-launch devkit shit here -- on a lower-end specced dev kit at that. Remember Resistance and how that looked for a launch game?

Actually, I really liked Resistance. It was just that the first 3 levels looked like a generic mid-00s brown WWII shooter and they showed too much of that part.

But yeah, I've been through plenty of console cycles, I know how that first party stuff with all the proprietary tools and deep system access is gonna look by mid-way. I'm usually an early adopter, I'm one of those rare people who thinks the PS3 was actually worth $599 if you bought it day one. But I didn't see anything there that made me want to jump in on the quadruple yet.

But I like the Wii U, so what do I know?

reilo

Actually, I really liked Resistance. It was just that the first 3 levels looked like a generic mid-00s brown WWII shooter and they showed too much of that part.

But yeah, I've been through plenty of console cycles, I know how that first party stuff with all the proprietary tools and deep system access is gonna look by mid-way. I'm usually an early adopter, I'm one of those rare people who thinks the PS3 was actually worth $599 if you bought it day one. But I didn't see anything there that made me want to jump in on the quadruple yet.

But I like the Wii U, so what do I know?

Wii U fan and Raptors fan? You must be on the receiving end of Fifty Shades of Grey with your girlfriend, huh?

diehard

Fleer
Is there any scenario where they would need to offload stuff to non-GDDR?
CPU's just don't benefit from the extra bandwidth that GPU's do... i understand the wanting to make the RAM unified but they are IMO wasting money on more expensive RAM than is necessary.

That and the GPU just doesn't have the TMU's to effectively use that much RAM.

GPU's with nearly twice the "horsepower" benefit very little from going to 3GB of GDDR5.

I like how fisher left dallas soon as he realized they aint making the playoffs

smh

In a statement he issued Saturday night to confirm the move, Fisher said: "In Tuesday's game against Philadelphia, I suffered an injury to my patellar tendon. The recovery time will be approximately two weeks. With this news and the difficulty I have been having being away from my family, I have asked the organization to waive me so I can return home.

"(Mavericks owner) Mark Cuban has been extremely supportive and has granted me this request. I cannot say enough good things about this organization. From Mark, to Coach (Rick) Carlisle, to the players on the Mavericks' team, I sincerely thank them for the opportunity.

"I have made decisions in the past, leaving money and opportunity on the table, and I will need to do that again. My family is my priority and that is where I choose to be. I won't close the possibility that I will play again, however for now my family and being close to them remains the priority."

[url="http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8773198/dallas-mavericks-derek-fisher-agree-part-ways]He left Dallas for his family, how dare you dude[/url]

exarkun

LOL Timberlake still banging the- fisher using his family to get out of contracts and bad team situations- drum.

What a douche though, I hope he gets sued along with Billy Hunter.

Him and his rainbow-ass three point shot.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Killzone continues to have zero charm or soul.

Not sure what you mean by charm or soul, but I think the number of hours I put into the KZ franchise on PS3 number into the billions. Amazing mp. Well, at least 2 and some of 3 :) KZ4 looked amazing, even if the gameplay looked exactly the same (but then again, I don't think FPS have evolved much in the last 10 to 30 years).

And D-fish is a total bum.

Wii U fan and Raptors fan? You must be on the receiving end of Fifty Shades of Grey with your girlfriend, huh?

I...don't know what that means. But she's actually one of the reasons I like the U. She thinks games are a waste of time and Metal Gear or COD are scary and aggressive, but for whatever reason she asks to play Mario all the time. Once she figured out there was a mode where she could just make platforms for me without her cute mushroom person falling down a hole all the time she liked it even more. When all her Japanese girl friends came over and liked Nintendo Land, she suddenly decided it was her favourite thing ever.

I think the U suffers in comparison reviews online, but I've never had anybody come over and actually play it who hasn't had fun. If you buy 3 games a month and always need that newest AAA hype of the week then it's not going to scratch that itch. But given my busy schedule and sharing an apartment with my girlfriend, it gets way more use than other gaming stuff.

Just like when he left Utah for LA.

Eye didn't like it then either.

Get it? uugh i'm tasteless

That's JT levels of shittiness.

Not sure what you mean by charm or soul, but I think the number of hours I put into the KZ franchise on PS3 number into the billions. Amazing mp. Well, at least 2 and some of 3 :) KZ4 looked amazing, even if the gameplay looked exactly the same (but then again, I don't think FPS have evolved much in the last 10 to 30 years).

And D-fish is a total bum.

It does a crap job of storytelling and the characters are generic as hell. People always praise KZ's mp but I just don't play mp that much so my opinion is completely SP based.

commish

It does a crap job of storytelling and the characters are generic as hell. People always praise KZ's mp but I just don't play mp that much so my opinion is completely SP based.

I haven't played a FPS with a good story or memorable characters since Half-life 2, so I don't expect much.

reilo

I haven't played a FPS with a good story or memorable characters since Half-life 2, so I don't expect much.

Yeah, odd comment. Can't recall many FPSes that handle the story well. Especially the big sellers: CoD, Battlefield, et al.

If you know who all the people and situations it's referencing are, BLOPS II's story is kind of amazing. It was written by David S. Goyer, who co-wrote the Dark Knight. Oliver North was a consultant (and voices his own character in the game), and there are a lot of little touches that are pretty cool (like the invasion of Panama being planned in some guy's backyard over beers while he argues with his wife over being redeployed again). Although I'd kind of understand if Ollie North being involved was a turnoff for some.

reilo

It's not when it's the only way to make Bethesda games playable.

I'd argue that Bethesda games aren't playable no matter how much you mod the shit out of them. Their approach to videogames is as flawed as saggy tits. Just because they look great in a push-up bra, it doesn't mean you'll enjoy them once the bra is gone.

commish

I'd argue that Bethesda games aren't playable no matter how much you mod the shit out of them. Their approach to videogames is as flawed as saggy tits. Just because they look great in a push-up bra, it doesn't mean you'll enjoy them once the bra is gone.

I enjoyed FO3 and Morrowind. That's about it.

Branduil

Mods for Bethesda games do more than fix the graphics.

reilo

moreover, even the better gameplay mods can't salvage a bethesda game

Lost in my analogy to soggy tits, that's exactly what I'm saying.

I heard skyrim was pretty bad, but this might help.

It's not bad, just boring. Their gameplay and story telling conventions are so... stuck in 1998. It would work great as a MMORPG, because then you'd have people to interact with and go on quests with. As it's currently constructed, it feels lifeless.

RealGM is saying Clips had a Butler for Ariza trade setup but Sterling pulled the plug fearing he would disrupt team chemistry.

there's about zero chance that this could happen

Between trading Crawford for nothing and trading our best defensive player for a Gilbert Era Wiz has been would be the fucking disaster that finally destroys the demon that is Grunsfeld.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Between trading Crawford for nothing and trading our best defensive player for a Gilbert Era Wiz has been would be the fucking disaster that finally destroys the demon that is Grunsfeld.

please

trading crawford for nothing is the best you could've hoped for

and Airiza for Butler is a bad trade since when?

The crawford for a bag of farts trade should only make you feel like Ariza for Butler was very close to happening.

commish

It's not bad, just boring. Their gameplay and story telling conventions are so... stuck in 1998. It would work great as a MMORPG, because then you'd have people to interact with and go on quests with. As it's currently constructed, it feels lifeless.

Funny you say that, because it was that style of Bethesda gameplay that led me to try MMORPGs many moons ago.

Once I heard Skyrim compared unfavorably to Witcher series, I didn't even bother. Witcher is boss.

Top Bottom