• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Flash

Christ....that was brutal. I can't even blame management though, the Sixers were in the position of constant 8th seeds....they went for the get rich or die trying option....

they definitely made the right call on the trade. unfortunately bynum's health went to complete shit.

if he was healthy and playing like he was last year, they'd probably be 4th or 5th seed.

but now, will be ever be completely healthy? is he ever gonna be motivated? will he continue to fuck around? sixers got to think about these questions long and hard before they offer him a max contract. tough position and I'm glad my team isn't being held hostage by such a temperamental individual

so according to nba.com's new STAT system, the Cavs and the Kings are outstanding at getting points at the end of games.....their crunch time fg% are really good, by many different measures..(ahead, behind, tied game, 5 min. left, 1 min. 30 sec. left, etc.)

so I guess there are benefits to having cold blooded chuckers on your squad..(Kings have a ton of them, Cavs have CJ Miles and Waiters)..these dudes never wilt in the spotlight.if only you can get these kind of guys to play D

they definitely made the right call on the trade. unfortunately bynum's health went to complete shit.

if he was healthy and playing like he was last year, they'd probably be 4th or 5th seed.

but now, will be ever be completely healthy? is he ever gonna be motivated? will he continue to fuck around? sixers got to think about these questions long and hard before they offer him a max contract. tough position and I'm glad my team isn't being held hostage by such a temperamental individual

Sixers would be insane to offer a max deal to a guy that just gave them nothing due to injury. Anyone would be insane to offer a max deal to Bynum.

Can lakers get him back yet? Watch jim get bynumite back after dwight leaves LOL

Gimpy ass Drew back in LA after I fought so hard to get rid of him?
NVE-Heartbreak.jpg

Why you gotta do me like that?

Give Bynum a max contract? No way in hell.

I feel really bad for Doug Collins. It's pretty obvious that team is full of a bunch of immature millionaires that go through the motions in nearly every game. They don't have pride, work ethic, or passion.

I feel really bad for Doug Collins. It's pretty obvious that team is full of a bunch of immature millionaires that go through the motions in nearly every game. They don't have pride, work ethic, or passion.

And he hasn't even coached Bynum yet!

I honestly don't think anyone will sign Drew to a max deal this offseason after this disaster of a season. I could see him taking a one year flyer with the Mavs or someone, unleashing contract year Bynum and hoping for the best. GMs will still sign crappy, over the hill players to big money deals, but a guy that might not be able to play? New CBA has even the dumbest of GMs too shook for that.

TBH, Collins has probably overreacted.

Philly was a 43 win team last year. They got rid of Iggy and Lou Williams and since Bynum hasn't played basically got nothing back.

They are 33 win team right now.

So, they were on pace to win 43 last year with little injuries in a weaker East where being younger was advantageous due to the lockout. They lose Iggy (an all-star that year) and Lou and replace them with nothing at all.

A 10 win drop off sounds about right. I think those 2 are worth 10 wins.

truth is Philly lacks the talent to compete. And talent is almost all the battle. Can't overcome it all season long with effort. It's just an excuse for lacking talent.

I think they have a lot of young talent on that team and there's no excuse why they can't at least be an 8 seed in the East.

Do they have less talent than last year?

yes or no?

If yes, why should they be an 8 seed with less talent when they were an 8 seed last year and other teams got better while they got worse?

giri

Do they have less talent than last year?

yes or no?

If yes, why should they be an 8 seed with less talent when they were an 8 seed last year and other teams got better while they got worse?

Because it's the fucking east.

every team not in the play off should be ashamed of themselves.

TBH, Collins has probably overreacted.

Philly was a 43 win team last year. They got rid of Iggy and Lou Williams and since Bynum hasn't played basically got nothing back.

They are 33 win team right now.

So, they were on pace to win 43 last year with little injuries in a weaker East where being younger was advantageous due to the lockout. They lose Iggy (an all-star that year) and Lou and replace them with nothing at all.

A 10 win drop off sounds about right. I think those 2 are worth 10 wins.

truth is Philly lacks the talent to compete. And talent is almost all the battle. Can't overcome it all season long with effort. It's just an excuse for lacking talent.

While yeah we are less talented (rather less athletic than last year...Brand would be one of the best athletes on this year's team....yeah). The effort is also not there.

We started pretty well but we fell off once teams realized how to stop us (trap Jrue), after that no fucks given.

We have Nick Young, who doesn't give a fuck, Lavoy Allen, who doesn't care. Dorell Wright who thinks he's LeBron. Jrue, has no more fucks to give. the onyl dudes who care are scrubs like Wilkens and Ivey or Hawes who is too free to do anything. Turner kinda cares but he's blocked Doug out.

So that leaves Thad who is coming back from an injury and can't give enough fucks for everyone.

So yeah we are less talented but we could've sneaked into the playoffs if they just played hard some nights....but nope too much swag.

Hopefully major changes and a Stern rigjob on the way out is in our future...but I doubt it.

Plumlee Future

I watched that Pacers/Warriors scuffle again and no punches were thrown at all, any media hack calling it a brawl should be ashamed of himself.

Hibbert said:
I don’t know why the other guy (Curry) came at me. Seriously, I didn’t even feel him. It was between me and Lee, and he wants to get involved? I don’t want to get involved with somebody smaller than me. I don’t take pride in tossing some little guy aside.’’
lol, Steph. at least he tried.

Pacer/Heat trash talk is starting to amp up. I can't wait for the playoffs.

It would be even better if I had a horse in the race though, please look down on us kindly Stern. We need the help.

thekad

Banned
So are the Sixers gonna max Andrew Bynum this summer?

If I was the Mavs I would trade Dirk, Carter, and Marion for picks and young players, max Bynum for four years, and tank for Wiggins. If Bynumbskull plays, then you have a star big man. If he doesn't then the better the tank. When Bynum's contract expires, Wiggins or whoever would still be on their rookie contract so they would have a ton of cap space to pair up with another star if Bynum sucks.

Learning the playbook is not an issue, because Houston doesn't really have a playbook. "We don't have to stop practice and say, 'OK, now let's go over our plays,'" Kelvin Sampson says. "We don't have any plays. During the flow of the game, very rarely do we run an actual play."

Parsons was right, Rockets dont run plays. But that aint no thang...

the first option for Houston is always the fast break. If they can't manage that, the Rockets essentially just shift into pick-and-roll mode.

Houston is fifth in points per possession, second in the league in 3-point attempts, third in shots from the restricted area, first in corner 3s, and in the top 10 in free throws per shot attempt. Houston is on pace to average the fewest midrange 2-point shots in recorded NBA history, per both Hoopdata and NBA.com's stats database. It is just about the exact vision the front office and coaching staff outlined in a series of meetings that started after last season

Jeff-DSA

The NBA is taking down all the fight videos from last night's game. Finally found a link that hadn't been pulled yet. I couldn't see it, but did anybody know if Jarrett Jack got punched? That would be the only good that could come from such an event.

I love how when you type in Google "Doug Collins Ev ---" you get "Doug Collins hates Evan Turner" and "Doug Collins yells at Evan Turner"

The NBA is taking down all the fight videos from last night's game. Finally found a link that hadn't been pulled yet. I couldn't see it, but did anybody know if Jarrett Jack got punched? That would be the only good that could come from such an event.
You really are the worst kind of person.

Jeff-DSA

Clippers fans still can't understand a joke. Maybe it comes from so many years of their team being nothing but a joke that they're brain has disabled that part of itself.

Otto Porter torched Syracuse last night. The kid can shoot and he's about as long as they come at the SF position. He's going to make DC or Cleveland fans very happy.

Jeff-DSA

I just read the Mark Cuban reaction to Derek Fisher signing with OKC. That was pretty good. OKC plays at Dallas on March 17. Too bad it's not nationally televised. I'd like to see Cuban's angry stare if Fisher got up to check into the game.

Vahagn

So I know everyone knows that ESPN's Chris Palmer is a joke but here's some more bits of gold.

He was ranking the best athletes in the NBA he's ever seen.

Russell Westbrook # 1

Kobe Bryant Top 5

Michael Jordan Top 9

Jesus F'ing Christ the gold fish memory on these people is just baffling.

Top Bottom