• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kind of off topic but it is so hard to find videos from USA Basketball at London 2012. It is like they all have been systematically removed from youtube.

They probably were due to NBC telling YouTube to take them down.

Wow at Shabazz falling to 6th on nbadraft.net. They are a troll site, but cmon now..

And falling 3rd on Draft Express.

wat

dude is fat, inefficient and pretty selfish

the Cavs will draft him and wonder why Kyrie leaves in 2017

edit: okay he's not that inefficient, confused his eFG% with his TS%, but he mostly thrives on being stronger than his college competition

Can't feel his legs, reports of tingling in his feet from sources all over the media but supposedly the Lakers medical staff never heard about it...

16/12/3 player is "terrible" while not feeling his legs and part of his shoulder torn off, made to play because of Kobes "will" or whatever.

Edit: And cleared to play means nothing...look at RGIII... :(

Dr. Andrews never cleared RG3 to play tho

charsace

Wow at Shabazz falling to 6th on nbadraft.net. They are a troll site, but cmon now..

And falling 3rd on Draft Express.

wat

I have him out of the top 5 as well. This draft is weak so teams might as well go high on the bigs. Shabazz looks like he will be a sixth man. He has a sf skillset, but wouldn't work there because he wouldn't have a size and strength advantage. He doesn't have the iso skills that a 2 should have and he isn't nearly the elite athlete that people were hyping him up to be. The bad attitude doesn't help either.

KingGondo

Banned
Marcus Smart is legit. I'm sad because 1) he'll almost certainly leave OSU after this year and 2) it's doubtful the Raps pick will be high enough for OKC to get him.

Smart would go number 1 if his perimeter shot was a little more consistent and his handle was more PG-like than SG-like.

though with a good tournament performance he'll probably be a lock to go Top 3

Cipherr

"Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard told CSNNE.com. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win."

fGol8UL.gif

Sick of hearing this dude whine about any and everything. This is all such a big disappointment from what was expected of him and this team once he was sent over.

God... so ridiculous.

So there's a good chance the Clippers will have at least 2 of their 4 stars that have been out and the Heat will be without at least 1 of theirs, possibly even 3. That's a pretty dramatic turn-around from what I expected would be a blowout just a couple days ago.

ohNOitsRO

So there's a good chance the Clippers will have at least 2 of their 4 stars that have been out and the Heat will be without at least 1 of theirs, possibly even 3. That's a pretty dramatic turn-around from what I expected would be a blowout just a couple days ago.

Hopefully that griffin/Paul/Crawford rust is too much, and Lebron goes for 45/12/12

zychi

Banned
Sick of hearing this dude whine about any and everything. This is all such a big disappointment from what was expected of him and this team once he was sent over.

God... so ridiculous.

Dwight is the reason the NBA should force 4 years in college. He came to the NBA an immature child, and he's supposed to be a grown man, yet hes still a child who can't make a decision, and wants to be cuddled and liked by everyone.

At least when Lebron was doing his whole "talents to South Beach" thing, he wasn't being a whiny bitch and manned up and took Cleveland's heart. Ditto for KG finally getting out of Minny.

Dwight can't decide what color headband to wear each day, let alone learn some offensive moves. Most overrated center of all time.

Dwight is the reason the NBA should force 4 years in college. He came to the NBA an immature child, and he's supposed to be a grown man, yet hes still a child who can't make a decision, and wants to be cuddled and liked by everyone.

At least when Lebron was doing his whole "talents to South Beach" thing, he wasn't being a whiny bitch and manned up and took Cleveland's heart. Ditto for KG finally getting out of Minny.

Dwight can't decide what color headband to wear each day, let alone learn some offensive moves. Most overrated center of all time.

Definiton of victim of the moment. Jesus.

I have him out of the top 5 as well. This draft is weak so teams might as well go high on the bigs. Shabazz looks like he will be a sixth man. He has a sf skillset, but wouldn't work there because he wouldn't have a size and strength advantage. He doesn't have the iso skills that a 2 should have and he isn't nearly the elite athlete that people were hyping him up to be. The bad attitude doesn't help either.

I think Shabazz is still stronger than most 3's in the league though and that's before going through NBA level strength and conditioning programs.

I mean, I don't see how you'd prefer McLemore.

Cipherr

Definiton of victim of the moment. Jesus.

The amount of leash I'm willing to extend this dude before flat out calling him overrated is drawing to a close. He had that whole annoying contract thing last year, and over the summer, then he gets to the Lakers with Nash and Bryant and has underwhelmed.

Considering that I couldn't talk about the center position without everyone I know beating the 'Dwight is the best' drum; he has been utterly unimpressive thusfar. I mean shit... last year you had Ibaka protecting the rim like it was his first born, and people couldn't wait to call him overrated. But this year we have the supposed best center in the league acting like a 15 year old girl, missing tons of games, whining and playing streaky off and on, and suddenly we are over reacting for calling him out?

Nah man. Its February for crying out loud.

The amount of leash I'm willing to extend this dude before flat out calling him overrated is drawing to a close. He had that whole annoying contract thing last year, and over the summer, then he gets to the Lakers with Nash and Bryant and has underwhelmed.

Considering that I couldn't talk about the center position without everyone I know beating the 'Dwight is the best' drum; he has been utterly unimpressive thusfar. I mean shit... last year you had Ibaka protecting the rim like it was his first born, and people couldn't wait to call him overrated. But this year we have the supposed best center in the league acting like a 15 year old girl, missing tons of games, whining and playing streaky off and on, and suddenly we are over reacting for calling him out?

His back and shoulder are fucked up, why is everyone glossing over that. Maybe he will be like this forever but this year's Dwight is nothing like Orlando Dwight.

And yes Orlando Dwight was the best center in the league and yes Ibaka is overrated.

I wouldn't swap LA Dwight for Ibaka on the chance he re-ups and returns to form.

Omega

Banned

you don't need to explain yourself for speaking the truth.

lol

Lakers fans don't deserve Dwight. Dwight isn't bitching when he says the Lakers need to support him more--shit is coming out from a random Laker every other day calling him out, and everyone from Jim to Pringles to Kobe on down are trying to get him to jeopardize his career so that they don't look dumb or lose their jobs or because of Kobes will or whatever the fuck.

The only dumb thing Dwight has done is to bitch about Kobe shooting and to ask for touches when he knows he shouldn't even be on the court, let alone trying to have an offense run through him.

PBY

Banned
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/50343/the-height-of-wonkery-an-in-depth-look-at-the-nba-with-the-most-innovative-technology-available

New article on the new 3d cameras half the leagues teams have started using. The most surprising thing to me is that Deron Williams has not dunked once this year, didnt this guy use to dunk alot in traffic?

I love stuff like this. The more quantifiable data we have, the more rational arguments we can have... not MENTALLY WEEEEAK, CANT WIN DA BIG ONE, SOFFFTTTT. Argh.

I don't get why people are blaming Dwight for not wanting to play through two different injuries when this is clearly a lost season for the Lakers. He could go all out every night, seriously mess himself up and be fucked right before hitting free agency all for what? A first round loss in the playoffs? Oh and he's still putting up 16 & 12 with almost 2.5 blocks a game.

I don't get why people are blaming Dwight for not wanting to play through two different injuries when this is clearly a lost season for the Lakers. He could go all out every night, seriously mess himself up and be fucked right before hitting free agency all for what? A first round loss in the playoffs? Oh and he's still putting up 16 & 12 with almost 2.5 blocks a game.

Dwight should be shut down rather than guilt tripped into playing.

If he had been deactivated in order to heal, I think he would be more willing to stay cause he'd look like an asshole for barely ever suiting up and then leaving.

Now there's a reasonable amount of shit he has dealt with for people to understand him leaving.

16 and 12 is whatever, His worth is on D and he hasn't been able to dominate due to injury. I really hate the whole situation.

Bron is probably one of the best open court Dunkers ever, but he never took guys manhood like Carter, Kemp, Kobe, Jordan by nuts meeting chins to often.
That's because no one will ever try to contest a lebron dunk lol. Just ask Damon Jones.

lol

Birdmand1 is signed,Joel is fucked.

So Ray is out tonight, possibly Bosh and Dwade as well. Flu like symptoms. B

incoming LeBron 50 point triple double.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

If he had been deactivated in order to heal, I think he would be more willing to stay cause he'd look like an asshole for barely ever suiting up and then leaving.

Now there's a reasonable amount of shit he has dealt with for people to understand him leaving.

16 and 12 is whatever, His worth is on D and he hasn't been able to dominate due to injury. I really hate the whole situation.

Agreed. We don't need another Grant Hill style career. Let the guy get healthy.
He will respect them way more for that. It would provide him an "out" too from all this crap that is going on. Guy shouldn't be hearing what his teammates think about his injury through twitter.

Omega

Banned

oh well this is all his fault. He knew what he was getting himself into. Shut the fuck up and stop crying.

Lakers have always been championship or bust.
Kobe is still playing. Did he really think he would be option 1 or 2?

If he wasn't such a flip flopping bitch he could have played for the Nets a long time ago. A shitty franchise that threw a party when they got Joe Johnson. He would have been a king here. You really think a fraud of a center like him wouldn't look like shit compared to past Laker big men?

This was a disaster waiting to happen and there was no way this would have turned out good. He kept saying he wanted to go somewhere to be "the man" and create his own legacy and he put himself in the exact opposite position.

dude gets everything he deserved. If his own organization wants to call him a bitch, so be it. Maybe you shouldn't have burned every bridge in the state of Florida where people actually wanted you.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are preparing to offer former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden a two-year deal after the trade deadline passes, according to the Akron Beacon-Journal.

The deal would reportedly include a third year as a team option.

With the uncertainty of what might happen at the trade deadline, teams are hesitant to bring on a new player because it impacts the salary cap and roster slots. That's why the Cavs intend to wait a couple weeks. Once the dust settles, the interest in signing Oden will rise.

Oden reportedly has been targeting a comeback for the 2013-14 season. But with interest in him building, he might choose to sign now and continue his rehab as part of a team.

Oden has reportedly met with both the Cavs and the Celtics in recent weeks about a comeback. The Heat also reportedly have been interested in the big man.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Sources: Nets & Bobcats discussing Ben Gordon for Kris Humphries trade. Nothing imminent but talks ongoing. Story on espn.con shortly

lol

The Cavs are really dumb for signing him so he can heal on their dime.

If you're going to pay him that's cool, but at least see him on the floor for a few games. Paying him WHILE he's rehabbing just seems like a terrible idea...I'm just waiting for the "setbacks" he has this summer.

I think it's kind of LOL the Bulls want to trade Boozer for Bargnani just so they only have to hate somebody with all the fury in their hearts for 2 years instead of 3.

Top Bottom