• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

There are guys who can actually play that are struggling to get 10 day deals, why does Oden deserve a 3 year with player option?

All that info read like it was being leaked by Oden's agent. "3 year deal coming! Any week now! As interest in Oden mounts...!"

Sounds like a guy trying to drum up interest.

Dwight is the reason the NBA should force 4 years in college. He came to the NBA an immature child, and he's supposed to be a grown man, yet hes still a child who can't make a decision, and wants to be cuddled and liked by everyone.

At least when Lebron was doing his whole "talents to South Beach" thing, he wasn't being a whiny bitch and manned up and took Cleveland's heart. Ditto for KG finally getting out of Minny.

Dwight can't decide what color headband to wear each day, let alone learn some offensive moves. Most overrated center of all time.

LOl. So true. Dwight makes Bynum seem like an 67 year old timer with wisdom beyond our understanding.

All that info read like it was being leaked by Oden's agent. "3 year deal coming! Any week now! As interest in Oden mounts...!"

Sounds like a guy trying to drum up interest.

Sounds legit to me.

I mean, if you're counting this year then it's basically a one year deal.

This season is meaningless so they don't mind him rehabbing.

Next year they probably want him ready for camp, if he sucks then they decline him since the third year is a team option.

I want to see him back on the court though...

Flash

Sounds legit to me.

I mean, if you're counting this year then it's basically a one year deal.

This season is meaningless so they don't mind him rehabbing.

Next year they probably want him ready for camp, if he sucks then they decline him since the third year is a team option.

I want to see him back on the court though...

not only is he injury prone, he has a shitty attitude according to reports.

I feel sorry for whichever team signs him...

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The contract will most likely not be guaranteed and it will be structured that he has to play a minimum number of games.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Is Lionel Hollins the next one to get the boot at Memphis? http://www.3sob.com/february-2013/pandora-and-her-box/6524/

It is most likely that Pandora’s Box has not finished spreading its disease upon the Grizzlies franchise. Almost assuredly Lionel Hollins will be shown the door in the near future. Possibly before the All-Star break but almost assuredly by June 30th when all present contracts expire.

That will end the tenure of the most successful coach in franchise history. It is possible that Tony Allen (an unrestricted free agent), Zach Randolph (the last truly expensive contract on the roster) or other players will be moved as well but Hollins is a walking dead man today. His on-court success can’t cover the missteps he’s made this season.

Hollins is a popular coach in Memphis but you can’t insult your front office in the media and not expect repercussions. Hollins airing of his dirty laundry appears to have strained the relationship between the front office and the team. More importantly, Hollins has refused to play rookie Tony Wroten and the jewel of the Rudy Gay trade Ed Davis.

6-11 Ed Davis scores extremely high in Hollinger’s PER system and not playing him, especially in the Phoenix game, shows a total disrespect for Hollinger’s’ work. To go out after the game and complain about not having a back-up center to put into the game just magnifies the lack of trust between the two groups.

It appears it is only a matter of time until Hollins is gone as well.

dude is fat, inefficient and pretty selfish

the Cavs will draft him and wonder why Kyrie leaves in 2017

edit: okay he's not that inefficient, confused his eFG% with his TS%, but he mostly thrives on being stronger than his college competition

He also thrives on never playing defense and just leaking out in transition every time the ball goes up and offensive rebounding as aggressively as possible instead of running back on defense.

Not sure there's been anything to say that he's going to be good in the NBA other than his three point shooting percentage.

jjasper

I have never really a big Hollins fan. I feel like he gets way too much credit for shit he had little to do with or lucked into. And he has been way too involved in a lot of shit that is wrong personal wise with this team, demanding trades of good vital players, not playing others, Thabeet, etc. The only thing that has ever worked out has been Conley.

But really Hollins probably wasn't going to be retained after this year anyway as I assume the new ownership group has wanted to bring in their own guy but he has been a dead man walking since he said this after the trade.

“When you have champagne taste, you can’t be on a beer budget. It’s a small market and I understand the economics of being in a small market. I’ve been with the Grizzlies for 11 years in Memphis.”

Clearly the man doesn't know about Miller High Life.

Branduil

dude is fat, inefficient and pretty selfish

the Cavs will draft him and wonder why Kyrie leaves in 2017

edit: okay he's not that inefficient, confused his eFG% with his TS%, but he mostly thrives on being stronger than his college competition

He shouldn't even be a lottery pick.

Can't even average 1 assist per game.

You guys are underestimating the Howland factor. Jrue Holiday looked like crap in college too.

You guys are underestimating the Howland factor. Jrue Holiday looked like crap in college too.

I don't know if there's anything that Shabazz can do that translates to the NBA though.

Who's the last wing lottery pick to succeed in the NBA without the ability to pass, defend, or dribble in college?

pilonv1

Muggsy Bogues is in the Shooting Stars event next weekend. Might actually watch that event now.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Detroit rookie center Andre Drummond will be sidelined for "a few weeks" with a bruised back, league source tells Y! Sports.

UNDERKANTER TO FEATURE ON TEAM SHAQ??

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Detroit rookie center Andre Drummond will be sidelined for "a few weeks" with a bruised back, league source tells Y! Sports.

College stats don't mean shit.

His stats may not mean that much, but I don't see what skills or upside he has.

He doesn't defend, pass, or dribble, his jumper isn't elite, and his athleticism is below average. Some of his issues may not matter as much, but what does he have going for him that will make him a good NBA player? I haven't seen much.

Skip Bayless put forward the theory that Kobe went iso mode last night cause "maybe he saw Durant was 1.8 ppg ahead of him in the scoring race"...lolol. what a troll.

Skip Bayless put forward the theory that Kobe went iso mode last night cause "maybe he saw Durant was 1.8 ppg ahead of him in the scoring race"...lolol. what a troll.

It would be funny to see Kobe stop trying to dish the ball to try to reclaim the scoring title after all the crap he's given Dwight this year.

giga

60% chance Josh Smith is traded, according to Broussard eyes.

PLZ B TRU.

kQO+

Just not for Kris Humphries or Lopez though.

giga

Dwight is the reason the NBA should force 4 years in college. He came to the NBA an immature child, and he's supposed to be a grown man, yet hes still a child who can't make a decision, and wants to be cuddled and liked by everyone.

At least when Lebron was doing his whole "talents to South Beach" thing, he wasn't being a whiny bitch and manned up and took Cleveland's heart. Ditto for KG finally getting out of Minny.

Dwight can't decide what color headband to wear each day, let alone learn some offensive moves. Most overrated center of all time.
I hate Dwight more than Lebron. Shit, I don't even hate Lebron anymore. Dude hasn't done any wrong since the decision.

Top Bottom