• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

damn Otto Porter was great today, his three point shooting is a little flukey since he shot in the 20s last year but he could be a pretty solid Batum type of player at the next level

He seems like a guy that won't be able to get to the paint or score in the paint much in the NBA and it's tough to be great when you can't do that.

i think he could be a decent Jameer clone if he gets a little bigger

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
That wasn't even the most impressive comeback against the Bobcats this year, c'mon now. Even Luke Babbitt lead a charge in a 18pt deficit with less than 5 minutes to go. Sit your clown ass down.

That wasn't even the most impressive comeback against the Bobcats this year, c'mon now. Even Luke Babbitt lead a charge in a 18pt deficit with less than 5 minutes to go. Sit your clown ass down.

This where I would say something like "the fact that you had to come back against the bobcats is pretty sad"....

but considering we play them tonight and probably will get our shit pushed in...I'll hold off.

BobLoblaw

Banned
How far are the Warriors going this year now that Bogut's back?
First round exit unless they play the Clippers. For some reason, they play their best against them. Any series with the Grizz, Spurs, or Thunder is an automatic L. Denver can match their speed and athleticism, but I think even the Nuggets can beat them with the way they're playing. All of this is barring significant injuries btw.

Marcus Smart with 21 points on 6 of 12 shooting and 7 boards, 5 steals, 2 blocks and 3 assists. 6 turnovers bring it down a little bit but still.

I get that. No one factor of his game really strikes me as NBA level to me. Michael carter williams is way more inconsistent but long term is probably the better pick.

MCW reminds me of Reece Gaines too much

DominoKid

MWP aint been an allstar in like 6 years lol.

Marcus Smart with 21 points on 6 of 12 shooting and 7 boards, 5 steals, 2 blocks and 3 assists. 6 turnovers bring it down a little bit but still.

so good.
i'm not that big of a fan of MCW either.

mwp is garbage and hasnt been an all star in years. a ball dominant chucker too. hilarious that Dantoni gives him a green light to fire away while his all star big rides the pine.

Canuck76

Banned

Can't say i watched a ton of reece gaines but MCW just seems like he'll develop in the NBA with more playing time. Marcus Smart is ridiculous though. Kid just sort of does it all. He's getting ridiculous blocks on pg's and his effort and athleticism is through the roof.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
His FG% is a misleading stat.he gets nothing but scoring opportunities other people create for him, he's turnover prone, he can't score on the line or behind the arc. When An elite wing player goes into scoring mode you have a 55-60% chance of getting 2 pts. Between their FG% being 45-50%, their FT% being above 80% and their ability to hit 3 point shots.

When you get Dwight the ball and ask him to create offense he is far less productive.

Also Dwight's 18 is mis-leading because he can't dominate. Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt, Timmy, Ewing, Robinson, Moses all could get you 28-30 on any given night their 9th year in the league, and pretty much every year before their body broke down.
Yeah, the guy would be average in most eras.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He is playing exactly like he was playing in Memphis. Taking way too many shots, shooting a shit %, and every once and a while making a big play.

Only difference is that is a major improvement over anything the raptors had before.

Also rumor is the knicks want to trade for Jared dudley...

I like Ben McLemore, but it's weird how his similarities to Wesley Johnson don't seem to be ever brought up considering that Wesley is going to be out of the league in three months and was picked in the top 5 pretty recently. Confused at the recent #1 overall hype he's gotten (even though he is good)

I like Ben McLemore, but it's weird how his similarities to Wesley Johnson don't seem to be ever brought up considering that Wesley is going to be out of the league in three months and was picked in the top 5 pretty recently. Confused at the recent #1 overall hype he's gotten (even though he is good)

But what about his smile?

thekad

Banned
Wesley Johnson was 23 and played for Syracuse.

Wesley Johnson was 23 and played for Syracuse.

True and he's a much better prospect because of that, but it just seems a bit weird for NBA scouts to be projecting McLemore to be able to learn how to dribble after a dramatic example of why that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Lance Stephenson is the furthest thing from being set at the 2 spot. George has made Granger pretty redundant.

I would rather have Lance Stepenson and George Hill man the 2 spot and use Granger to get other pieces than flip him for Gordon.

Even if you could argue about Gordon as a player being worth it (I wouldn't), the injury woes are way too much to risk it (and a huge contract).

The Pacers need to use Granger to upgrade their PG spot and backup PF spot or a PF spot going into the future (since West is old).

Zeus Molecules

it's nice to want things.

Knicks have nothing the suns would want.

Normally I would say you are right and that its just a rumor.... But what has the sun's done recently that makes a deal like that beyond reason? Cause they've been making questionable moves consistently for a while now.

For the Knicks I think it would be trading Novak at his highest value in his career so far.

thekad

Banned
Gordon could play PG for the Pacers, too.

Honestly, there's no reason for the Hornets to do that trade. Granger is coming up on 30 and hasn't played a game all year while New Orleans is the second youngest team in the league.

giri

Normally I would say you are right and that its just a rumor.... But what has the sun's done recently that makes a deal like that beyond reason? Cause they've been making questionable moves for a while.

For the Knicks I think it would be trading Novak at his highest value.

Whilst the suns FO is a cluster fuck of retardation and inbred moronicy stemming from a fucktard dropped at birth owner.

The suns haven't made any incredibly bad TRADES. And they're under the cap. So unless the knicks are giving up shump and a pick (which i don't think they have any of in the next decade, and are semi-useless with the knicks guaranteed of being in the play offs considering the east is 1 deep) then there's literally nothing on that roster of value to the suns.

Honestly, there's no reason for the Hornets to do that trade. Granger is coming up on 30 and hasn't played a game all year while New Orleans is the second youngest team in the league.

It's dumber than just for those reasons. But those are all good reasons. It's a shamefully stupid trade.

I didn't believe this til I checked. Granger came into the league old, damn.

Zeus Molecules

Whilst the suns FO is a cluster fuck of retardation and inbred moronicy stemming from a fucktard dropped at birth owner.

The suns haven't made any incredibly bad TRADES. And they're under the cap. So unless the knicks are giving up shump and a pick (which i don't think they have any of in the next decade, and are semi-useless with the knicks guaranteed of being in the play offs considering the east is 1 deep) then there's literally nothing on that roster of value to the suns.

It's dumber than just for those reasons. But those are all good reasons. It's a shamefully stupid trade.

Its just a rumor but I don't think its that bad of a trade though when you consider the Suns are looking for a regular season spark and the Knicks need a playoff roster. I could give reasons but who really wants to debate jared dudley vs Novak with Copeland as a kicker?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Its just a rumor but I don't think its that bad of a trade though when you consider the Suns are looking for a regular season spark and the Knicks need a playoff roster. I could give reasons but who really wants to debate jared dudley vs Novak with Copeland as a kicker?

LOL

Top Bottom