• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Feb NBA Season lOT| Controlling it like a man, bruh

Did you watch bynum last season? Hate all you want but that guy legitmately dominated down low. He was being quadriple teamed at times and he still scored.

MnOJLWz.jpg

Vahagn

This is his 9th year in the league, and his career average is 18 points per game. He's at a high 57% FG%, but he doesn't have much offensive finesse. This season, he's scoring about two points less per game, but his FG% is essentially the same. Maybe it's just time to accept that the center position just isn't what it used to be, and that's what the "best center in the league" today brings.

His FG% is a misleading stat.he gets nothing but scoring opportunities other people create for him, he's turnover prone, he can't score on the line or behind the arc. When An elite wing player goes into scoring mode you have a 55-60% chance of getting 2 pts. Between their FG% being 45-50%, their FT% being above 80% and their ability to hit 3 point shots.

When you get Dwight the ball and ask him to create offense he is far less productive.

Also Dwight's 18 is mis-leading because he can't dominate. Shaq, Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt, Timmy, Ewing, Robinson, Moses all could get you 28-30 on any given night their 9th year in the league, and pretty much every year before their body broke down.

Glad I was out last night, seeing the stadium full of bandwagon Laker fans and dropping a 20 point lead would have done bad things to my blood pressure.

Apparently Dunlap had Sessions defending Kobe at the end of the game too, lol. He was either trying to make us lose or he's retarded.

Cloudy

Banned
Glad I was out last night, seeing the stadium full of bandwagon Laker fans and dropping a 20 point lead would have done bad things to my blood pressure.

Apparently Dunlap had Sessions defending Kobe at the end of the game too, lol. He was either trying to make us lose or he's retarded.

NBA teams are really buying into this absurdity that they want Kobe shooting, I guess. The power of ESPN

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NBA teams are really buying into this absurdity that they want Kobe shooting, I guess. The power of ESPN
lol

don't let the bobcats dropping the mic and walking off stage make you think that kobe is doing something

Cloudy

Banned
lol

don't let the bobcats dropping the mic and walking off stage make you think that kobe is doing something

Kobe dropped the ball at the end of the game like it was a mike. So boss...

ps: Rudy Gay looks like a star again when he's not relegated to being a 4th option. Memphis will regret that trade

DY_nasty

Kobe dropped the ball at the end of the game like it was a mike. So boss...

ps: Rudy Gay looks like a star again when he's not relegated to being a 4th option. Memphis will regret that trade

Yal were down 20 to the fucking bobcats.

I'm not saying kill yourself, but if I had five all-stars, 2 MVPs, and a top coach leading my team and saw them down 20 to a team that is actively trying to lose games, I'd probably kill myself.

Nori Chan

I'm not saying kill yourself, but if I had five all-stars, 2 MVPs, and a top coach leading my team and saw them down 20 to a team that is actively trying to lose games, I'd probably kill myself.

somebody please think about his children

Cloudy

Banned
He's shooting 40% from the field in Toronto.

fg% is overrated. The guy is a great all-around player and he's also exciting to watch. Don't underestimate the impact of a fanbase cheering for their own team cos they're not starved for stars (see Charlotte last night). Toronto will be a factor next year.

Lakers have exactly 2 above average players right now. Kobe and Clark...

jjasper

He is playing exactly like he was playing in Memphis. Taking way too many shots, shooting a shit %, and every once and a while making a big play.

Cloudy

Banned
Pretty sure they weren't supposed to lose this year ever but keep controlling it like a man, bruh

Dwight and Nash were severely overrated for years and have been thoroughly exposed this season without a roster built to cater to their strengths while hiding their weaknesses.

Losing Hill was huge. Pau's injury also hurts

I will be okay with the season as long as we make the playoffs. I feel we have given away too many games and need a LOT of help though...

DY_nasty

Dwight and Nash were severely overrated for years and have been thoroughly exposed this season without a roster built to cater to their strengths while hiding their weaknesses.

Losing Hill was huge. Pau's injury also hurts

I will be okay with the season as long as we make the playoffs. I feel we have given away too many games and need a LOT of help though...

In one post Dwight and Nash ain't shit but losing Jordan Hill was huge

Cloudy

Banned
In one post Dwight and Nash ain't shit but losing Jordan Hill was huge

Jordan Hill is our best defender and rebounder. He is also great at pick n pop which helps spread the floor for Kobe. You just hate to lose an energy guy who is also very skilled. We basically have no scoring bigs right now with him and Pau out.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/video/2013/02/08/20130208corbinm4v-2378789

Corbin says he thought that the Jazz were down 4 instead of 3 when Millsap took that stepback three.

Having Corbin as coach is depressing.

Hopefully he was referring to the last three and just misunderstood the question, but I don't know anymore :(

Holy fuck, lol.

edit: Al has serious issues, but I never get why he never comes up in the "big men have no post moves today!" thing.

Give the man some respect for his one elite thing.

PBY

Banned
Jordan Hill is our best defender and rebounder. He is also great at pick n pop which helps spread the floor for Kobe. You just hate to lose an energy guy who is also very skilled. We basically have no scoring bigs right now with him and Pau out.
Cmonnnnn bro. Jordan Hill. Jordan Hill.

Truth. Centers today have absolutely no offensive moves. Watching Howard in the post is fucking tragic.

There aren't any guys with elite atleticism and the post game to match, but guys like Al, Bropez, and Zbo are really good.

And DY you are on a roll this weekend. You ready for Knux and the Sixers tonight?

• The latest word out of Memphis is that Zach Randolph, irrespective of any whispers in circulation suggesting that the Grizzlies have another big move in them, is going nowhere. The Grizzlies, according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, have taken the step of telling Randolph so this week, assuring him to ignore any further trade chatter because they're not entertaining the thought no matter how many calls they get. The Grizz don't want to make any more significant moves, sources say, hoping to restore some calm to the locker room in the wake of the Rudy Gay deal that has clearly sent Gay's old teammates -- and especially his former coach -- into a woe-is-me funk.

• Maybe there is enough time before this month's trade deadline for Indiana to find a trade partner willing to gamble on Danny Granger. This much we do know, though: It's not going to be Houston. One source with knowledge of Houston's thinking left little doubt that recent reports portraying the Rockets as a potential suitor for Granger, as they were in the past long before James Harden showed up, were inaccurate.

• The Sixers, sources say, are open to a shakeup as they continue to wait for the return of Andrew Bynum to give All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday some badly needed help. And I'm told Philly, as such, is shopping (or at least making calls to gauge the value of) swingman Evan Turner.

• My ESPN colleague Chris Broussard filed some newsy dispatches Friday, reporting that the Nets and Bobcats have discussed a Kris Humphries-for-Ben Gordon swap while also asserting that the likelihood of Atlanta dealing free agent-to-be Josh Smith is rising.

It's still a tricky call for the Hawks, given their longstanding reluctance to take on money and squander the copious salary-cap space they're on course to have this summer, but here's the subsequent scuttle I heard from one interested party: Atlanta wants a quality young center in return in the event it does decide to part with Smith before the deadline.

Rumors from Stein and ESPN coming up to the trade deadline. Hope there are some interesting moves this year.

Flash

Bargnani has been playing well in his 6th man role...if he continues to play like this, I don't mind if we keep him

I hate him because of how he was forced to be the corner stone of the franchise, and so he was asked to do way too much. I think if he plays within himself he can be a pretty good player.

DY_nasty

Rumors from Stein and ESPN coming up to the trade deadline. Hope there are some interesting moves this year.

Chris Broussard reporting old news like its new shit.

I'd love Hump. Be nice if we could swing Brooks too but I'd do Gordon for Humphries straight up.

No one wants Turner's bitchass.

I do want him to be free tho.

Doug doesn't even find joy in making his life meaningless anymore and Turner doesn't even feel.

It's time for them to find new things.

Turner for Henderson and our Portland 1st.

I am drunk on a Saturday afternoon btw. Amazingly, i have no obligations today so I figured why the hell not?

Top Bottom