• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Cloudy

Banned
1-19-13

Warriors - W (24-14)
Nuggets - NA (24-17)
Jazz - W (22-19)
Rockets - L (21-21)

Blazers - L (20-20)
Wolves - W (17-20)
Lakers - NA (17-22)

rox with 7 Ls straight. holy fuck they're back at .500 AND they play Denver tomorrow. That's probably gonna be another loss.

is the team dead or something?

edit: harden is dead.
HkRtqnZ.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm really surprised that Pau refuses to come off the bench. As much as I shit on him, I gave more credit as a teammate than this. He's sole reason seems to be, "the important players are in at the end." Pringles has already come out and said that he wants to create a rotation that will be better for the team, and I think Pau works coming off the bench, especially since he's turned into a defensive liability.

*looks at 2013 and 2014 free agency class*

:(

At this point I don't even need Bazz. Just give me Gay and Nerlens and I'll live with that core until we have to tear it all down again.

Emwitus

I'm really surprised that Pau refuses to come off the bench. As much as I shit on him, I gave more credit as a teammate than this. He's sole reason seems to be, "the important players are in at the end." Pringles has already come out and said that he wants to create a rotation that will be better for the team, and I think Pau works coming off the bench, especially since he's turned into a defensive liability.

Did he actually say this, or it sensational reporting by espn again? Also, i would be for it if jordan hill was still playing but for clark? Heck no man. Not only is that a bad replacement, but it's an insult to pau.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Did he actually say this, or it sensational reporting by espn again? Also, i would be for it if jordan hill was still playing but for clark? Heck no man. Not only is that a bad replacement, but it's an insult to pau.
It's not about being an insult or not. Not starting Pau does not mean that Clark is better. However, the bench is bone dry, and they need some production, which would be aided by Pau working with that group. He's also becoming a greater defensive liability, which is hard to hide on a starting lineup that already has Nash. More so than that, it sets a bad tone for the team. It shows that Pau is more interested in looking good than he is winning. Who wants to be called a starter on a squad that can't even make it to the playoffs? Considering how poorly he's played, he should know that the only reason he's even on the team is because no one else wants to pay him $19 million a year for this kind of production.

linsivvi

He probably wouldn't say it if he was being used properly.

If Phil was still coaching he might even embrace the idea of being the 6th man. No reason for Pau to take the demotion willingly when you have a shitty coach that shouldn't be coaching in this league.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He probably wouldn't say it if he was being used properly.

If Phil was still coaching he might even embrace the idea of being the 6th man. No reason for Pau to take the demotion willingly when you have a shitty coach that shouldn't be coaching in this league.
Well, Phil isn't coaching. Get over it, and let's focus on how to win now. Firing D'Antoni isn't going to happen this late in the season, and Lakers would owe him too much money. And Pau hasn't been producing well no matter how he's been used this season. It's not his fault. His body is riddled with injuries, and time to accept it.

linsivvi

Well, Phil isn't coaching. Get over it, and let's focus on how to win now. Firing D'Antoni isn't going to happen this late in the season, and Lakers would owe him too much money. And Pau hasn't been producing well no matter how he's been used this season. It's not his fault. His body is riddled with injuries, and time to accept it.

Which is exactly what the stars are doing. Nash, Kobe and Pau know how to play this game. By voicing their opinions and supporting Pau openly that would put pressure on Pringles to use Pau properly instead of asking him to shoot 3s.

Bench isn't a problem because you can rest 2 starters at a time. Keep Nash and Pau in and then rest them by putting Kobe and Dwight back. It's not rocket science.

Cloudy

Banned
All I know is that Metta was professional when he was benched and he produced so much they put him back as a starter. Pau might have a case if he was playing well but Clark is doing more for this team right now and deserves to start

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Which is exactly what the stars are doing. Nash, Kobe and Pau know how to play this game. By voicing their opinions and supporting Pau openly that would put pressure on Pringles to use Pau properly instead of asking him to shoot 3s.

Bench isn't a problem because you can rest 2 starters at a time. Keep Nash and Pau in and then rest them by putting Kobe and Dwight back. It's not rocket science.
You're treating this like a demotion. Maybe by coming off the bench, Pau can be used in the post when Dwight isn't there, which would put Pau in his natural position, while providing an offensive spark off the bench, so that the Lakers don't go on massive droughts. It also avoids the situation of having both Dwight and Pau on the floor together as they both tend to clog up the lanes for the guards and get in each other's way.

linsivvi

You're treating this like a demotion. Maybe by coming off the bench, Pau can be used in the post when Dwight isn't there, which would put Pau in his natural position, while providing an offensive spark off the bench, so that the Lakers don't go on massive droughts. It also avoids the situation of having both Dwight and Pau on the floor together as they both tend to clog up the lanes for the guards and get in each other's way.

Offense is never a problem for this team. Earl Clark also isn't a better defender than Pau, even at this stage, and he never will be.

Don't get fooled by just a couple good games. Earl Clark is a career scrub.

shira

Lakers need Turkoglu for dat dantoni ball

All I know is that Metta was professional when he was benched and he produced so much they put him back as a starter. Pau might have a case if he was playing well but Clark is doing more for this team right now and deserves to start

I didn't want the lakers to trade Pau but after hearing how he refuses to come off the bench it's time for him to go. When a player has such an ego that he refuses to do what's best for the team just so he can feel better about himself despite his declining physical status then he shouldn't be the Lakers anymore.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Offense is never a problem for this team. Earl Clark also isn't a better defender than Pau, even at this stage, and he never will be.

Don't get fooled by just a couple good games. Earl Clark is a career scrub.
Offense is a problem at times for this team. It certainly is when the bench is needed. Now, defense is a bigger problem, but still. Besides, Pau's issue isn't that he feels he would be more effective in the starting lineup. He just feels like he deserves to be in the starting lineup. His resistance isn't due to a concern for the well being of the team, but rather, for his own ego.

Top Bottom