• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

linsivvi

Offense is a problem at times for this team. It certainly is when the bench is needed. Now, defense is a bigger problem, but still. Besides, Pau's issue isn't that he feels he would be more effective in the starting lineup. He just feels like he deserves to be in the starting lineup. His resistance isn't due to a concern for the well being of the team, but rather, for his own ego.

Offense hasn't been an issue since Nash came back and the rust came off. It'll only improve as they play more together.

Like I said, I think his complaining came from his disrespect of the coach. I used Phil as an example. Pau wouldn't complain if the team was coached by somebody competent. It's only for the greater good if his benching actually helps the team win, which I don't think it would since he is still being used improperly.

I am giving Pau the benefit of doubts here because of what he's done in his career and for the team. Pringles is the ego maniac here. Even that idiot Jim Buss publicly calls for more touches for Pau on the block.

I also don't believe Pau has declined as rapidly as it may seem.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Offense hasn't been an issue since Nash came back and the rust came off. It'll only improve as they play more together.

Like I said, I think his complaining came from his disrespect of the coach. I used Phil as an example. Pau wouldn't complain if the team was coached by somebody competent. It's only for the greater good if his benching actually helps the team win, which I don't think it would since he is still being used improperly.

I am giving Pau the benefit of doubts here because of what he's done in his career and for the team. Pringles is the ego maniac here. Even that idiot Jim Buss publicly calls for more touches for Pau on the block.

I also don't believe Pau has declined as rapidly as it may seem.
Phil Jackson is not coming back. Let it go. And if Phil Jackson is the measuring stick of respect, then this team is screwed. There are very few available coaches out there that Pau would respect, if that's the case.

linsivvi

Phil Jackson is not coming back. Let it go. And if Phil Jackson is the measuring stick of respect, then this team is screwed. There are very few available coaches out there that Pau would respect, if that's the case.

I said I am using Phil as an example because that's the last qualified NBA coach the Lakers had. There are many decent coaches out there and they'll need to look for a new one in the summer anyway.

Even the no-name coach for the Spanish national team is a better coach than Pringles.

pilonv1

edit: harden is dead.
HkRtqnZ.png

Looks like Kevin Martins stats...

So much for Atlanta getting HCA. They need to make a trade, or just play Stevenson at SG and bog teams down.
as a slashing guard, hes pretty aight. he should only ever shoot the ball on wide open shots tho, that jumper of his is mad ugly, especially when he misses.
So Lin is basically Ronnie Brewer? Sounds about right.

Into

I want a interviewer to ask Pop' regarding that lawyer guy who is suing the NBA/Spurs/Miami for that infamous game there Duncan, Parker etc did not play.

"Economic damage" that he suffered

ISOM

Offense is never a problem for this team. Earl Clark also isn't a better defender than Pau, even at this stage, and he never will be.

Don't get fooled by just a couple good games. Earl Clark is a career scrub.

Wasn't lin a career scrub before he was given a chance? There are players that take years for them to come into their own. Earl Clark has the same potential to break out like lin did as long as he stays hungry for it. Whether he does or not is something we will have to find out. And lol at earl clark isn't a better defender than pau.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wasn't lin a career scrub before he was given a chance? There are players that take years for them to come into their own. Earl Clark has the same potential to break out like lin did as long as he stays hungry for it. Whether he does or not is something we will have to find out. And lol at earl clark isn't a better defender than pau.

That D'antoni effect....

linsivvi

Lin is a career scrub. Ask Knicks and Rockets fans.

Earl Clark has no potential. Ask Suns and Magic fans.

Also, you belong to the same club as Konex.

ISOM

Lin is a career scrub. Ask Knicks and Rockets fans.

Earl Clark has no potential. Ask Suns and Magic fans.

Also, you belong to the same club as Konex.

I don't care what suns and magic fans have to say. Earl Clark has helped out the lakers in a position they sorely needed whether or not he continues fuck if I know but so far his play has rendered what you said meaningless.

linsivvi

I don't care what suns and magic fans have to say. Earl Clark has helped out the lakers in a position they sorely needed whether or not he continues fuck if I know but so far his play has rendered what you said meaningless.

He is averaging 30 mins/9 points/9 rebounds in 4 starts. So no, his play has rendered what YOU said meaningless.

And dismissing opinions of people who've watched him play for entire seasons make you a blinded fanboy incapable of criticizing your own team's players.

ISOM

He is averaging 30 mins/9 points/9 rebounds in 4 starts. So no, his play has rendered what YOU said meaningless.

And dismissing opinions of people who've watched him play for entire seasons make you a blinded fanboy incapable of criticizing your own team's players.

lol you really should stop already. He is averaging 9 points on .468 shooting. Is he suppose to have more points when there is kobe, howard, mwp taking up the majority of the shots? Clark is mainly in the starting lineup for defensive and rebound purposes, or are you going to tell me pau a 7 feet 32 year old center with bad knees and plantar whatever feet is playing in the pf position as better defender than earl clark.

He is also averaging a higher per 15.6 than jamison, pau, and mwp. This so called scrub is helping out the lakers better than the rest of the options we have at that position, so once again I say to you that you have no idea wtf you are talking about.

See that's hard to judge, if you get a quick elbow near your eyes/face you instinctively flinch. Now if he fell or grabbed his jaw or something that's different.

ISOM

One parting shot. You've already embarrassed yourself with that little argument there and you are doing it to yourself again.

Shameful indeed.

I wasn't aware that wade needed multiple screens to get away from a 34 year old kobe but apparently in that miami game he did. Thanks for saving my quote though.

Anthony Davis is having a pretty good, despite quiet rookie year, no? I see He's missed a lot of games though, I remember that concussion rivers game him but it looks like he's been hit with a few (minor) ones.

also, how come Kyrie isn't qualified as a top 10 leading scorer. he's averaging 23 points but he's not on pace to score at least 1400 points?

linsivvi

Anthony Davis is having a pretty good, despite quiet rookie year, no? I see He's missed a lot of games though, I remember that concussion rivers game him but it looks like he's been hit with a few (minor) ones.

also, how come Kyrie isn't qualified as a top 10 leading scorer. he's averaging 23 points but he's not on pace to score at least 1400 points?

If you're looking at ESPN then they've screwed up the algorithm in determining eligibility for their leader boards.

Davis has been good offensively, but he's way further away defensively than I thought. He really needs to learn how to defend the pick-and-roll and get stronger (especially since he seems to be more of a center than a Power Forward in terms of defensive technique and instincts).

Neither should be an issue moving forward and he should get to that DPotY level in a couple of years, but I thought he could be the 19 year old who actually played awesome NBA defense and it looks like that was overly optimistic.

Top Bottom