• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

I hate to say this as a 20+ year Laker fan, but Kobe is POISON!

They lost last year because of him, when he gave up on the play against OKC to yell at Steve Blake, for taking that wide open shot, instead of going for the open ball & calling a timeout with 3 seconds left.
They are losing this year because of him.

The after game interviews have had players taking subtle jabs at Kobe.
The Nash(?) quote about players hands becoming like sticking glue when the ball is passed to them.
Earl's comments right now about how everybody is looking at Kobe do his thing & nobody else is involved, that wasn't a compliment for Kobe, but a knock.
Now Dwight calling out Kobe.

Shaq left because of Kobe, Andrew Bynum left saying he didn't like playing with Kobe.

Kobe is not running the offense & disturbing every other players game.
He is taking over by just shooting random shots like crazy & he isn't making them to get the team close.

Kobe helped get us 5 rings. After the Dallas shitfest of a series, I pretty much was resigned to the fact that the next 3 years were going to be Kobe's "Act like a crazy old fool and pad his career stats" farewell tour, and you know what? I don't even mind. He's earned it in my book, and like the first 17 years of Kobe's career, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
BTW, and let's be honest here, are they even running the MDA system? Outside of Pau occasionally taking an outside shot, it doesn't seem like they're running any real system. I know Brown wanted them to run the Princeton offense, but Kobe jokingly admitted that they never really ran that either. It just seems like a bad team that's slow on defense with no rotations. That was a problem under Brown too, though.

People need to stop blaming Dantoni considering the team basically gave up in him the moment shit got slightly tough; if they were actually good they would win some games on talent alone.

People need to stop blaming Dantoni considering the team basically gave up in him the moment shit got slightly tough; if they were actually good they would win some games on talent alone.

Except they're not good. They haven't been good all season even in the pre-season. Anyone watching those games and the first 10 of the regular season could see it. This team never jelled nor will they ever. On paper they are great but in reality they stink and arent even worth the price of admission.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck Howard, I've never been a fan of Kobe, but god damn does he have every right to shit all over him.

lol Howard calling out Kobe. The ego on a guy who hasn't done jack shit, but win a few slam dunk contests and act like a 5 year old all the time has some nerve.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
laugh at an injury

good thing you were plagued with schoob, mac and yao

I didn't know he got hurt. I didn't watch the game and wasn't in the thread while it was going on. I thought maybe he got benched cause your team is stupid, I only viewed the stat lines.

I don't laugh at injuries.

If you're talking about his off season health/past injuries... pfft!!!!!!

Fuck Howard, I've never been a fan of Kobe, but god damn does he have every right to shit all over him.

lol Howard calling out Kobe. The ego on a guy who hasn't done jack shit, but win a few slam dunk contests and act like a 5 year old all the time has some nerve.

EXACTLY. This shit isn't Kobe's fault. Sorry. I don't have a problem with calling Kobe out going Kome but this situation? GTFO. Dwight is bitchmade through and through.

linsivvi

Player A team's offense when he's on the court: 103.6 points per 100 possessions
Player A team's offense when he's off the court: 105.6 points per 100 possessions

Player B team's offense when he's on the court: 109 points per 100 possessions
Player B team's offense when he's off the court: 97.4 points per 100 possessions

Player A has has at least one and probably two teammates who will make the all-star game, Player B might have one all-star teammate.

Player B is JJ, isn't it? So what is player A?

Matrix

Oh joy... Royce White is close to playing ball for the Rockets D league. The shit just keeps getting better in Houston. He won't last two weeks till he quits and starts tweeting again.

Nori Chan

I didn't know he got hurt. I didn't watch the game and wasn't in the thread while it was going on. I thought maybe he got benched cause your team is stupid, I only viewed the stat lines.

I don't laugh at injuries.

If you're talking about his off season health/past injuries... pfft!!!!!!

yeah well you still deserve schoob

Kobe helped get us 5 rings. After the Dallas shitfest of a series, I pretty much was resigned to the fact that the next 3 years were going to be Kobe's "Act like a crazy old fool and pad his career stats" farewell tour, and you know what? I don't even mind. He's earned it in my book, and like the first 17 years of Kobe's career, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

I'm reading Phil Jacksons 'Last Season' book & Kobe comes off really bad in that.
Like a less talented Micheal Jordan & a huge primadonna & immature ego that was coasting off a good balanced team.

Let's face it, Shaq won those 3 Championships. Kobe was as instrumental in them as much as Robert Horry, Rick Fox & D Fish were.
The last 2 were Pau & Bynum combo that won it. Kobe was just a role player in them.

The fact the ball was not given to Pau & Bynaum the last year, when the teams they were facing had no one to defend them is telling.

Besides Derrick Fisher also helped in getting those 5 rings & they tossed him like a wet tissue when they thought they could do better.

Trading Kobe would save the Lakers season.

I'm reading Phil Jacksons 'Last Season' book & Kobe comes off really bad in that.
Like a less talented Micheal Jordan & a huge primadonna & immature ego that was coasting off a good balanced team.

Let's face it, Shaq won those 3 Championships. Kobe was as instrumental in them as much as Robert Horry, Rick Fox & D Fish were.
The last 2 were Pau & Bynum combo that won it. Kobe was just a role player in them.

The fact the ball was not given to Pau & Bynaum the last year, when the teams they were facing had no one to defend them is telling.

Bahahwahahahahaha

Kad THIS is how you troll!

Lol should have known you were just a nut job.

Matrix

too bad that won't trade him

too bad they will never win the Super Bowl in my lifetime. You're telling me stuff I already know and will live with till the day I die. This isn't something new with Houston football.

Lakers becoming truly hot garbage is far more shocking.

Besides Derrick Fisher also helped in getting those 5 rings & they tossed him like a wet tissue when they thought they could do better.

Trading Kobe would save the Lakers season.

iP48VynMU3Kez.gif

Omega

Banned
Lakers should have hired Stan.

Dwight was a system player.

Vucevic > Every player involved in the trade.

Nash is a system player and they brought in the coach that got him 2 MVPs.

Problem isn't who is or isn't a system player, it's the fact that none of them complement each other.

Top Bottom