• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT2| What Would Kobe Chu?

zychi

Banned
Wait, wait, wait.

You think if they traded Boozer for KG, then Taj would be starting, and KG would be on the bench? WHAT?!?!
Garnett
Code:
PPG	15.0
RPG	7.3
APG	2.2
SPG	1.1
BPG	1.0
FG%	0.502
FT%	0.781
3P%	0.000
MPG	30.4

Taj
Code:
PPG	7.0
RPG	4.8
APG	0.8
SPG	0.4
BPG	1.3
FG%	0.470
FT%	0.733
3P%	0.000
MPG	20.4

10 minutes less, start Taj, he EASILY does better than KG in 30 minutes, especially with Rose coming back and Boozer being gone(based on this trade).

Again, this isn't a career versus career thing because prime KG whoops Taj, it's a 2012-2013 season thing.

KG is too slow to play PF anymore anyway.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm saying this based on Thibs' mentality. He would never let Taj start over KG.

EDIT: Although, without Booz, who would teach Taj how to read? KG doesn't seem like the pedantic type.

Emwitus

IQ wise and defensively, why would you start Taj over KG? Also, minutes does not automatically translate to more points. So many factors to consider: Is he playing with starters? How is the opposing bench defensively? etc etc

Adjusting for minutes...KG has an 18.7 PER whereas Gibson has a 14.5 PER which isn't really close and PER overrates offensive rebounding as well which is Gibson's only advantage.

KG is still better defensively as well.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Adjusting for minutes...KG has an 18.7 PER whereas Gibson has a 14.5 PER which isn't really close and PER overrates offensive rebounding as well which is Gibson's only advantage.

KG is still better defensively as well.
Yeah, I just can't see it. Even at this age, KG is still much better and more reliable than Taj.

jjasper

I don't get it. What's the trade between Toronto and Memphis? Raptors have no assets to trade that the Grizzlies need.

None but I guess get Boston involved. We'd take Courtney Lee and some other shit.

Where the fuck has this Jerryd Bayless been all goddamn season?

Trying to run an offense. If he just tries to score he plays well. Plays well when he is other there with Conley and Wroten but seems like today he just said fuck it and went to score and not play PG.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LaMarcus' ON/OFF ORtg is ridiculous:

107.1 ON, 98 OFF

Damian's is even crazier:

107.2 ON, 95.7 OFF

jjasper

But sources say that the Raptors, undaunted by that stance, continue to pursue Gay and also covet Grizzlies forward Darrell Arthur. Toronto, sources said, has made veteran point guard Jose Calderon and blossoming young forward Ed Davis available as the two cornerstones of its offer.

No.

Hard to tell what Evans' value is right now. Not sure how many teams are looking for an off-ball slashing 2 guard at the price he'll probably ask for.

jjasper

Dude

that is robbery for memphis

I guess it would depend on who else is in it, Aurthur's pretty damn important to the team and with that trade we would have no backup for either Marc or Pondexter (when he comes back assuming he is going to be the starting SF after that trade). I would be happy with both Davis and Calderon though.

That or my love for DA is blinding me.

I'm really digging Chris Johnson in this team. Was kinda bummed at Ellington leaving, but he was admittedly either putting up 26 or absolutely nothing. Johnson seems so much more consistent. Has his contract been extended yet?

jjasper

I'm really digging Chris Johnson in this team. Was kinda bummed at Ellington leaving, but he was admittedly either putting up 26 or absolutely nothing. Johnson seems so much more consistent. Has his contract been extended yet?

Yeah he is exactly what the team has always needed. 2-3 threes a night on a consistent basis. But there really isn't any reason to rush and extend him yet. They will do give him another 10 day when that comes up and then give him one for the year after that. At this point I don't see how he doesn't get a contract for the rest of the year even with a trade.

GASOL 3!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I guess it would depend on who else is in it, Aurthur's pretty damn important to the team and with that trade we would have no backup for either Marc or Pondexter (when he comes back assuming he is going to be the starting SF after that trade). I would be happy with both Davis and Calderon though.

That or my love for DA is blinding me.

That's all this. Calderon and Conley with Marc and Zach means Memphis' offense never stops. At that point, all you need is people to not fuck up the rhythm. And Ed Davis is simply better than DA at everything important.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
That's all this. Calderon and Conley with Marc and Zach means Memphis' offense never stops. At that point, all you need is people to not fuck up the rhythm. And Ed Davis is simply better than DA at everything important.

WHY ARE WE CONTEMPLATING THIS TRADE!?!?

WHY ARE WE CONTEMPLATING THIS TRADE!?!?

hero_colangelo2.jpg

Is there a game this season where the Raptors haven't collapsed in the 4th quarter? Even with the games they win, it's still been about them holding on rather than making a run.

Flash

Is there a game this season where the Raptors haven't collapsed in the 4th quarter? Even with the games they win, it's still been about them holding on rather than making a run.

lol they have had 4th quarter melt downs so many times this season... that's just poor coaching

Top Bottom