• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Major League Soccer |OT| Pick your side, it's time for War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

Argh, fucking Salazar.

Ricardo Salazar should not be getting any future games this season.

As long as Salazar isn't our ref we're fine.

Houston got lucky on a bad clearance and were saved by an incompetent ref.

I don't care about the botched PK call because if we weren't fucked over by that red the game wouldn't have needed to come to that point.
I love how everyone fucking hates Salazar. He's a shitty, shitty, shitty ref.

Osorio

Yep, still fuming.

Saw that red like 10 times and he never made contact with Cummings' legs.

I am so TURNT UP for Wednesday

I'm pretty sure I signed this a long time ago. Hah. Is there video of that red card anywhere yet?

Check the highlights.

Just finished watching them myself, and I have to say I'm not mad that it was a red. It's borderline, certainly, one where, as the commentators last night would have it, you put the ref in a position to make a decision.

What isn't really up for dispute is that he missed a penalty call for the foul against Cummings in stoppage time.

Sorry, but it looks to me like that officiating helped New York rather than hindered them.

Osorio

Check the highlights.

Just finished watching them myself, and I have to say I'm not mad that it was a red. It's borderline, certainly, one where, as the commentators last night would have it, you put the ref in a position to make a decision.

What isn't really up for dispute is that he missed a penalty call for the foul against Cummings in stoppage time.

Sorry, but it looks to me like that officiating helped New York rather than hindered them.

That's a yellow if a card at all.

That being said, who knows how the game would've gone on if we played 11 vs 11 the whole way through, rendering that botched PK call useless.

Let's not forget the 6 yellows most of which were unwarranted like the ones on Carney, Barklage, and Henry

Man, I was not able to see the game tonight but I am happy to see that the LA Galaxy were able to pull a win out. Hopefully we play well enough in the second game. Now it is time to go find the highlights.

Dartastic

Finally saw the NY highlights. Red should have been a yellow, challenge at the end should have been a penalty kick.

Edit: ZOMG 2013 post! That must mean we are gonna be the 2013 champs right guys?!?! -.-

Dartastic

Hah. Yeah, well. All we need is a tie Thursday. The Sounders have never scored more than a single goal in a game at Jeld-Wen, and we're very, very good at home. I think a tie is very reasonable, especially given how we performed the last two times we played the Sounders.

xbhaskarx

The Olave red card was entirely his fault, it's either a yellow at minimum or a red, so what's the problem? What the hell was he hoping to accomplish with that? Completely idiotic... Instead of blaming the ref why not blame Olave?

Askani

Yeah, I don't get it either. When I watched the reply the first time I was like, "THAT'S what people are bitching about?"

Like you said, it's at minimum a yellow or a red. If think you won't like what the ref has to say, don't leave it in their hands to call.

Osorio

Salazar was right there and Olave didn't make contact with him. I'll say it's a yellow because it was studs up but it wasn't a red.

And then the yellows afterwards add fuel to the fire.

As for the game on Wednesday we'll have Silviu Petrescu who is pretty much the opposite of Salazar. Expect nothing to be called which I'd normally bitch about but with half the squad going to be on cautions I'd rather have them available for the first leg of the conference finals if we end up advancing.

Osorio

And if any of you Metro cats are home today, MSG's got you

2:00: NY vs. RSL
4:00: MLS Insider
5:00: NY vs Chicago
7:00: Thierry Henry HOF
7:30: RBNY Pregame
8:00: NY vs. HOU

Askani

I'm on a self imposed Facebook, Twitter, and MLSsoccer.com ban. Too many Supporter's Group posts. Too many player tweets. Trying to keep my myself reserved and calm instead of getting worked up by reading stuff all day long. Since I'm keeping it low key, I'm positive that my extra energies are being cosmically transferred to our players to help us win the game. It would take too long to explain to you all but trust me, it's science. Well, science-like. "ish" if you will.

Osorio

I totally get it. I keep checking Metrofanatic every 3 minutes for who knows what. I guess I'm waiting for some clairvoyant poster to come and tell everybody that we win tonight 3-0.

Sucks man.

Osorio

Matty Doyle has us losing tonight.

This is definitely a good sign.

And as per Gerard Houllier on KickTV, Petke just signed a 3 year contract.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
3.5 hours to game time...I'm at 70% freak-out levels. I need to run out of work to El Pastor to pick up my Supporter's Shield scarf (I hope they don't run out of 'em.) and have a drink or two.

Have fun tonight, y'all! Two of my co-workers, and my cousin will be in the Cauldron tonight, and I wish I was going too, but I have my pub quiz to host. Go Sporting!

Dartastic

Goddamn. Ethered.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

https://twitter.com/MerrittPaulson/status/398209826242576384

Askani

Jesus....I'm sitting on my fat ass at home completely exhausted. I've been all tensed up for the whole game. I may call in sick to work tomorrow. I need a rest.

What a game. At least Houston played overtime too so the will be just as tired.

I swear though...if Houston knock us out again...rage. Pure rage.

gg Askani

:(

Good comeback season from the Revs though. Bright future

Both teams did well. Keepers for both of us came up huge. Reis was the epitome of keeper beatmode with how many saves he had to make.

Holy crap...44 fouls combined!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom