• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Anyone watching Kimmel? he's having NBA players read mean tweets at them. haha, this was pretty fucking funny.

Andre Iguodala sucks gazelle ****

DJ88

iAGB12ldvImrb.gif

If the Heat from Game 7 of the ECF show up: Heat in 6 (maybe 5!)

Quoting myself for posterity. I think that the Heat played a great game overall (even before the rally!). For those people that were criticizing James and his lack of production in the points department, I dont need to remind you that he was being a facilitator and getting everyone to be involved in the game, and if the game were to be pretty close in the last 5 minutes of the game, he would've taken over and, having his role players already playing good, having more options to spread the floor and get the defenders to not commit to him on the double teaming, hence getting one-on-one situations where he would've thrived (thank God we didn't need all of that after that glorious run!).

Now, for game 3, this will not happen again and I fully expect the Spurs to come ready to play and more than likely win that game at home. But if this happens again, oh boy, the Heat confidence will blow up like a hot air balloon and you know they are unstoppable when they get on a good rhythm.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Relax. It's ESPN Grades. LOLOLOL

If you noticed they only gave grades out to Miami Heat series throughout the playoffs. That is it. No other series got grades. They just make shit up.

They do it because all the heat haters click and eat that shit up like it's gold.

Vire

One thing I am concerned about is Dwyane seems to only be able to really give it his all for one half. His knee just isn't strong enough to do a full 48.

I guess with Ray and Mike playing the way they are... I shouldn't worry too much.

I'm just thankful Spo realized Shane needed to sit, best move all year.

One thing I am concerned about is Dwyane seems to only be able to really give it his all for one half. His knee just isn't strong enough to do a full 48.

I guess with Ray and Mike playing the way they are... I shouldn't worry too much.
Not too concerned since he didn't really play in the second half. Hopefully LeBron upping his scoring will cover our asses.

It's crazy how good Miller has been.

edit:pop's post game presser is hilarious

Are we gonna see next gen 2k tomorrow?

Bosh still wasn't great. 12 and 10 is pretty pedestrian, but garbage time started pretty early so it's difficult to judge. Wade's 5-13 for 10 points was also not that good, but maybe it doesn't matter if the role players keep playing well.
fjord, you're starting to like the Heat, aren't you?

Fjordson

Bosh still wasn't great. 12 and 10 is pretty pedestrian, though garbage time started early so it's difficult to judge. Wade's 5-13 for 10 points was also not that good, but maybe it doesn't matter if the role players keep playing well.

I know that feel, bro.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62104957&postcount=3205

Replace the word "Heat" with "LeBron" though. To be fair, they were pulling this same shit when he was in Cleveland.

How many times did they run that game winner against Orlando clip?

God dude yes, I agree with everything you said. They had to use that clip to make him look clutch, and I just couldn't help but think how funny that was since they didn't even win that series if I remember correctly.

LuchaShaq

Banned
God ABC has 30 minutes of time to eat.

This game actually flew by time wise

Besides a few LOOK AT ME calls by Joey this series has been very well officiated.

That combined with two teams that

Are good defensively at forcing jumpers and not fouling

and

Offenses that often break down to jumpers

Combination of all that = few fouls/few fts/faster game/more enjoyable viewing experience pre blow out.

Besides a few LOOK AT ME calls by Joey this series has been very well officiated.

That combined with two teams that

Are good defensively at forcing jumpers and not fouling

and

Offenses that often break down to jumpers

Combination of all that = few fouls/few fts/faster game/more enjoyable viewing experience pre blow out.
The amount of foul calls and free throws being shot are insanely low. isn't this kind of unprecedented in the Finals?

LuchaShaq

Banned
The amount of foul calls and free throws being shot are insanely low. isn't this kind of unprecedented in the Finals?

I think game 1 might have been a record.

That said, I don't mind. Parker is really the only one going to the hoop for the Spurs but he is flopping around constantly, while the Spurs Bigs are doing a great job going straight up on Heat drives.

Vire

I'd like to say that a 20 point blow out would carry our momentum into the next game, but by evidence of the Pacers series... I don't see it happening.

It's going to be tough in SA. I'd be thrilled with a 2-1 split.

PBY

Banned
at this point, it would be a spurs chokejob if they dont win.

Lebron must be terrified that he's going to get swept again.

Imagine how good the Heat would be if they had Lebron James. Shit would be unfair.

lebron needs more help.

lebron is shook

LMAO

LEBRON CHOKING SO HARD

Who would have thought the best former Cavs on the court is not LeBron?
Yeezus absolves you all.

exarkun

I kinda wish this was on TNT, the amount of crow Kenny would eat tonight...

You mean Chuck? But even then, I think chuck said (his latest predicition on the DP show) was that Miami would win at home, but he didn't think they would make it out of SA.

Anyway, grats Heat-age. Im glad Bosh woke the fuck up and played decently. Wade is...bad. He looks slow, not a good defender anymore cause he can't keep up with the screens, and his shot selection is all over the place. The bench really came through, but he needs to be more consistent if they are to win it all (Rio ain't gonna be ballin like that all the time, while Wade should be ballin most of the time).

The heat finally ran the Ray(or Chalmers or Wade)/lebron screen to great effect in the first half. Its exactly what they needed, and they got those guys (outside of Wades broken ass) going.

Vire

You mean Chuck? But even then, I think chuck said (his latest predicition on the DP show) was that Miami would win at home, but he didn't think they would make it out of SA.

Anyway, grats Heat-age. Im glad Bosh woke the fuck up and played decently. Wade is...bad. He looks slow, not a good defender anymore cause he can't keep up with the screens, and his shot selection is all over the place. The bench really came through, but he needs to be more consistent if they are to win it all (Rio ain't gonna be ballin like that all the time, while Wade should be ballin most of the time).

The heat finally ran the Ray(or Chalmers or Wade)/lebron screen to great effect in the first half. Its exactly what they needed, and they got those guys (outside of Wades broken ass) going.

Kenny has actually trash talked the Heat more than Chuck as of late. Even on NBATV he was talking shit after the game one loss in the finals.

Whatevs.

Can't wait till reilo looks like a clown with the OT thread title.

Bosh still wasn't great. 12 and 10 is pretty pedestrian, though garbage time started early so it's difficult to judge. Wade's 5-13 for 10 points was also not that good, but maybe it doesn't matter if the role players keep playing well.

Him spacing the floor is great though. I really think he needs more touches cause that mid-range is on point.

linsivvi

Yeezus absolves you all.

One former Cavs shot 2-12 at one point and stats padded at the end when human victory cigar/white flag aka TMac was on the floor.

The other former Cavs didn't miss a single shot when the game was still close and didn't play in garbage time.

Both guys scored 17 points.

exarkun

Pop needs to whoop Manu's ass after that fucking horrible start, and him giving it away twice in a fairly short amount of time, with two recoveries that had the ball bouncing off people's legs cause he was trying stupid passes. Then the broken plays where he couldn't dribble properly.

This was bad Manu, from the golden state series. Not good Manu from the memphis one.

Plus, Tony needs to stop the flopping. Driving blindly to the basket wasn't working, he should have stopped when he wasn't getting the calls.

Ha... Dude was shook the whole game until the help carried the team to like a 15 point lead.

Even got owned a couple times by Danny Green.

He wasn't shook at all. He played pretty badly the first half but he still was able to get the others involved. Then the third happened when the 33-5 run where he scored or assisted on 20 points occurred.

Not that anybody expects any meaningful kind of analysis from you.

He wasn't shook at all. He played pretty badly the first half but he still was able to get the others involved. Then the third happened when the 33-5 run where he scored or assisted on 20 points occurred.

Not that anybody expects any meaningful kind of analysis from you.

Duh I mean look at his Gaf name. His whole MO is to troll Lebron

Reporter: The defense on Tony tonight was much more aggressive. What did they do specifically? What did they change from game 1?

Pop: It was more aggressive

LMAO.

I love how phony he shows the reporters to be. They ask such dumb questions.

I'm not 100% accurate here but

"What was it like when Miami went on that huge run?"

Pop: "They were amazing."

"But from your perspective?"

Pop: "uh, they were amazing."

"But from where you were."

"Uh, from where I was they were amazing."

These guys ask such dumb questions sometimes. WHAT'S IT LIKE WHEN LEBRON IS BEING AWESOME!?!? YOU BENCHED MANU WHEN HE WAS SUCKING, WHY!?!?

Top Bottom