• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Fjordson

I love how phony he shows the reporters to be. They ask such dumb questions.

I'm not 100% accurate here but

"What was it like when Miami went on that huge run?"

Pop: "They were amazing."

"But from your perspective?"

Pop: "uh, they were amazing."

"But from where you were."

"Uh, from where I was they were amazing."

These guys ask such dumb questions sometimes. WHAT'S IT LIKE WHEN LEBRON IS BEING AWESOME!?!? YOU BENCHED MANU WHEN HE WAS SUCKING, WHY!?!?
Lmao. It was "They did a great job."

"How you would describe it from your end?"

"They did a great job...that's what I thought. I thought they did a great job..."

^^ yes, that was it, lol.

It really takes little to be a reporter on sports. You can pretty much predict what they'll generally ask, too.

They asked every Spurs player something like "I know you were blown out, but if before the series I told you you'd get a split, would you take it!?!?!?"

Fucking trash.

^^ yes, that was it, lol.

It really takes little to be a reporter on sports. You can pretty much predict what they'll generally ask, too.

They asked every Spurs player something like "I know you were blown out, but if before the series I told you you'd get a split, would you take it!?!?!?"

Fucking trash.

I was waiting for a gregg doyle troll after the game but it didnt come :(

Vahagn

Lebron plays great an entire series but loses because he has shit teammates - OMG CHOKER
Lebron plays a mediocre game but wins because his new teammates come through? - OMG CHOKER

You can't have it both ways.

Outside of 2009 Orlando, when has this happened. Go ahead, I'll wait.

I would go back and search for all those posts where you got mad at me for "stooping to a new low" that one time because I said that you have some issues due to your insane thirst to say "SEE EVERYONE I WAS RIGHT", but my 7th grade immaturity can't find a way to filter through all those incredibly mature posts about **** ******

also, I never expected you to leave---don't pretend like you would ever have thought about walking away.

h3ro

man that op is lookin ridiculous

Roy-Hibbert-Bench-GIF.gif

Pimpwerx

i wonder if we'll have bosh to the (insert random team) rumor tomorrow

We're not trading Bosh anytime soon. I LOL at the thought, because if people think we got problems with Bad Bosh, we're that much worse with No Bosh. Even playing poorly, he still spaces the floor better than anyone else on the roster. PEACE.

bionic77

Guys tell me if I am crazy.

All credit to the Heat. They wanted the game more and played like it.

But was it always like this for the media the way they were talking about LeBron after the game? The dude had a shitty game for the most part, but somehow he was given credit for the entire Heat defense and the 25 3s in a row that the Heat role players made when the game was blown wide open.

Am I just having a case of selective memory or was the media always this bad for NBA stars?

PBY

Banned

But was it always like this for the media the way they were talking about LeBron after the game? The dude had a shitty game for the most part, but somehow he was given credit for the entire Heat defense and the 25 3s in a row that the Heat role players made when the game was blown wide open.

Am I just having a case of selective memory or was the media always this bad for NBA stars?
Smh at the bolded.
Do you reeeaaally think the heat "wanted it more"? Why didn't they want it more in game 1?

bionic77

Smh at the bolded.
Do you reeeaaally think the heat "wanted it more"? Why didn't they want it more in game 1?
Because if they lost this game it was over and the Spurs were going to be happy to go home with a split.

We have not seen the Spurs with their backs up against the wall yet. And probably won't see the Heat get this desperate again until game 4.

PBY

Banned
Because if they lost this game it was over and the Spurs were going to be happy to go home with a split.

We have not seen the Spurs with their backs up against the wall yet. And probably won't see the Heat get this desperate again until game 4.
Yeah I really don't buy this analysis at all

welp. is the OT and OT community getting closed for E3?

lol dont anyone go RIP from the key notes.

Kobe gonna demo nba 2k14 for sony tonight? lol when he did that a few years back

welp. is the OT and OT community getting closed for E3?

lol dont anyone go RIP from the key notes.

Kobe gonna demo nba 2k14 for sony tonight? lol when he did that a few years back

i distinctly remember that 2k demo with kobe because it featured joel anthony hitting an 18 footer out of a pick-and-pop and kobe laughing at how it was too real

Lebron had a mediocre first half, but he was the catalyst for the offense and was the main contributer to the run that cleared the benches and sealed the game. I don't see the "had a
bad game for the most part". Only thing he isn't doing is scoring and that's because the spurs are giving him absolutely nothing.

This is exactly the way the heat needs to play to beat this team in glad to see them play this way. My only request of Bron is to be ready to take the game over if need be.

The narrative is that LBJ chose to be a facilitator instead of a scorer and get his teammates involved so that they'd improve their games and the Heat would win.

The only thing about that is that from my understanding, LBJ's greatest ability is that he is ALWAYS a facilitator. He's a guy who makes the offense go and gets/keeps his teammates involved even when he's being aggressive and looking to put the ball in the basket, because he has such great court vision/passing ability/BBIQ...so it seems faulty to say he deliberately chose to turn his offense off, rather than to say he had a subpar game but his teammates picked him up.

The narrative is that LBJ chose to be a facilitator instead of a scorer and get his teammates involved so that they'd improve their games and the Heat would win.

The only thing about that is that from my understanding, LBJ's greatest ability is that he is ALWAYS a facilitator. He's a guy who makes the offense go and gets/keeps his teammates involved even when he's being aggressive and looking to put the ball in the basket, because he has such great court vision/passing ability/BBIQ...so it seems faulty to say he deliberately chose to turn his offense off, rather than to say he had a subpar game but his teammates picked him up.

Nobody can honestly say that he is just turning his offense off though. He's obviously the target of SAs schemes and he can't really force the issue right now.

The thing that I'm liking is that instead of stopping the ball and trying to get himself going like versus Indy, he is swallowing his pride and doing the dirty work. Rebounding, facilitating and defense is how he's impacting this series.

bionic77

Lebron had a mediocre first half, but he was the catalyst for the offense and was the main contributer to the run that cleared the benches and sealed the game. I don't see the "had a
bad game for the most part". Only thing he isn't doing is scoring and that's because the spurs are giving him absolutely nothing.

This is exactly the way the heat needs to play to beat this team in glad to see them play this way. My only request of Bron is to be ready to take the game over if need be.
I must have watched a different game than you because I saw 4 other players on the court with LeBron. A lot of whom were shutting down the Spurs offense, getting steals and making a shit ton of three point shots.

Maybe I am just a hater then because while the game was still in doubt I thought he was pretty mediocre and was carried by his teammates.

BadAss2961

I must have watched a different game than you because I saw 4 other players on the court with LeBron. A lot of whom were shutting down the Spurs offense, getting steals and making a shit ton of three point shots.

Maybe I am just a hater then because while the game was still in doubt I thought he was pretty mediocre and was carried by his teammates.
You and me were watching the same game.

Role players completely won this game for the Heat.

bionic77

The Big 3 for San Antonio also sucked a big fat one too and the Spurs role players were the only reason the Spurs were in the game for 2.5 quarters.

Duncan looked his age last night and Ginobli looked like a bench player who should stay on the bench.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The narrative is annoying because he undoubtedly had bad shots and some good shots that didn't fall and that added up to a 7-17 game and 2-12 for the first three quarters; which is to say, he didn't choose to have a low scoring game, he just had a low-scoring game. But it sort of didn't matter which is the more cogent point, the narrative that he had a bad game and the Heat won despite him is just as annoying. Pretend he didn't score a point; 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks and the Heat still win by 2 in a series-tying split Finals game that saw Mario Chalmers outscoring Tony Parker by 6. Rio didn't run the floor, he made plays. LeBron shouldered the offense even before adding his points to the run in garbage time, and completely set the pace on defense for the entire game (I think I remember hearing something about a certain block...). The Box Score is honestly misleading in both directions. He had a great game even without having an outstanding offensive performance.

yeah that's what I'm talking about. Take James' scoring out of the equation and it's still a W for the Heat. Take James out of the equation and they wouldn't stand a fucking chance.

Pimpwerx

Lebron is getting double and triple-teamed anytime he ventures near the paint. It's why he's settling for so many jumpshots to get points. This is the gameplan from the best coach in the game. He's taking Lebron's scoring out of the equation. Lebron has made excellent passes to capitalize on the defense's pressure. I don't think he's played badly at all. I think Lebron has been the best player in both games, and not by a small amount either. PEACE.

effzee

I think the point is that he didn't need to force the issue. He can be involved and even take over a game in many other ways.

So he realized he was having a bad shooting night, getting double teamed, and decided instead of forcing bad shots over and over, he decided to stay within the offense and pick his spots.

I agree that he didn't start off the game thinking let me facilitate but his game has come to a point where he tries to take the best shot possible, not necessarily just any shot. Even when he is "on" he doesn't just take reckless shots.

And those roles players got amazing looks because Lebron drew so much attention to himself and made some really good passes cross court. To the same role players who in the Pacers series were really off. If guys like Allen, Miller, Battier, Chalmers, and Cole can be confident and hit their shots there is no stopping Miami.

This Doctor J documentary is good. I didn't know his brother died when he was in college :(

Doctor J not being in the twitter era is unfortunate.

Yeah you did. When the game was in the balance, he scored or assisted on 20 of the 33 points that closed the game. Three steals, three blocks.

Maybe you are a hater. Or maybe you don't understand that scoring isn't everything.

Really hope FFXV gets a PC version so I can avoid getting the PS4 or X1 for a couple of years.

We're not going to have a NBA-GAF tomorrow, are we? Anyone post the chat link?

It'll be fine by the time the game starts tomorrow. There will probably be nothing in the evening that causes major traffic.

linsivvi

Oh man. E3 needs to delay until the NBA Finals is over.

That LeBron 2K promote was pretty cheesy. The game will have broken online anyway.

bionic77

Lebron is getting double and triple-teamed anytime he ventures near the paint. It's why he's settling for so many jumpshots to get points. This is the gameplan from the best coach in the game. He's taking Lebron's scoring out of the equation. Lebron has made excellent passes to capitalize on the defense's pressure. I don't think he's played badly at all. I think Lebron has been the best player in both games, and not by a small amount either. PEACE.
You act like this is the first time this has happened. This is what every defense has tried to do against every superstar in the playoffs. 30 years ago when Duncan was still in his prime physically teams would double and triple him down low and he would pass out to Kerr, Horry, Elliot etc. Same with Shaq and Kobe. When Fisher or the role players have a big game the focus is normally on them. You can't expect it from them for 4 out of 7 games, but when it happens those guys normally draw the media attention. Usually you give the credit to the guy taking the shot moreso than the guy making the pass.

Its just weird on a team as stacked as the Heat that even when Lebron has a stinker he gets so much attention and credit.

Top Bottom