• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

Sorry that I have to do this NBA-GAF but... I find it hilarious Vahg that you continually defend a rapist who pushed out the most physically dominating player of the last 30 years as well as quit on his team in the playoffs, went on radio demanding his team trade him, talked shit about his teammate to a fan, continually shot his team out of wins, snitched on his teammates to the police, and more and yet you call me out for defending LeBron's integrity?

What does Kobe not being a great human being have to do with the fact that you constantly defend Lebron's integrity even in situations he's wrong in.

The real contradiction, is that you're so willing to jump to worst case scenarios on every one of Kobe's situations: "He's a rapist" instead of "well maybe he's actually not", "He pushed out the most dominating force" instead of "Maybe the organization didn't want to give a max multi year extension to an injury prone guy past his prime"

But with Lebron you view every event in his life with rose colored glasses. Again, irrational hate.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Sorry that I have to do this NBA-GAF but... I find it hilarious Vahg that you continually defend a rapist who pushed out the most physically dominating player of the last 30 years as well as quit on his team in the playoffs, went on radio demanding his team trade him, talked shit about his teammate to a fan, continually shot his team out of wins, snitched on his teammates to the police, and more and yet you call me out for defending LeBron's integrity?

yLxgFzU_zps29ad18e6.gif

Emwitus

disgusted.gif

Why am i not surprised you took that bait vag?

People really need to wake the fuck up with all this "my favorite player wouldn't do this or that" shit.

Looking at almost every superstar in the past few decades, specifically the best player in the game types, and it gets increasingly hard to find one that doesn't bail if faced with the situation Cleveland had. Middling at best players, no cap room to make any kind of major move, Ohio, execs who seem like they're there more to kiss your ass than win chips, etc.

You can argue that they don't do a "the decision" or that they don't form a "super team", etc but please tell me that 9 out of 10 players don't kick rocks in Lebrons shoes?

Fox318

0Tjw5hr.gif

I'm sweating here. :jnc

Somebody bet vag. If x happens, vag can't talk about Kobe all offseason. Not in any bullshit "but I didn't say his name" either type ways either.

Mad respect to the Spurs. I never gave the trio the respect they deserve. If they pull this off, actually I don't even know what to say the words escape me.

Mad respect to the Spurs. I never gave the trio the respect they deserve. If they pull this off, actually I don't even know what to say the words escape me.

You didn't think they had a chance? I've always thought they would win the series, so if the Heat pull it off I'll be super surprised.

People really need to wake the fuck up with all this "my favorite player wouldn't do this or that" shit.

Looking at almost every superstar in the past few decades, specifically the best player in the game types, and it gets increasingly hard to find one that doesn't bail if faced with the situation Cleveland had. Middling at best players, no cap room to make any kind of major move, Ohio, execs who seem like they're there more to kiss your ass than win chips, etc.

You can argue that they don't do a "the decision" or that they don't form a "super team", etc but please tell me that 9 out of 10 players don't kick rocks in Lebrons shoes?

9/10 All-NBA players demand a trade after finishing number one or two in the conference in consecutive seasons with a combined 37 regular season losses? In the past 20 years, only Shaq, Iso-Joe, and LeBron have had it so good and walked away, and Shaq/Johnson at least were honest about doing it for money.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
9/10 All-NBA players demand a trade after finishing number one or two in the conference in consecutive seasons with a combined 37 regular season losses? In the past 20 years, only Shaq, Iso-Joe, and LeBron have had it so good and walked away, and Shaq/Johnson at least were honest about doing it for money.

Dwight did it worse than all those guys.

I blame Shaq than Kobe for him leaving. Kobe was fully committed to winning and he felt that Shaq wasn't matching his level of commitment. Those two could of 3 peated again. He left to be the man some where else but ended falling back to D Wade.

I blame Shaq than Kobe for him leaving. Kobe was fully committed to winning and he felt that Shaq wasn't matching his level of commitment. Those two could of 3 peated again. He left to be the man some where else but ended falling back to D Wade.

I'm talking about Shaq leaving the Magic. They had 60 wins in the 95-96 season, and were hit by injuries in the conference finals against Chicago.

Dwight was pretty bad, but the ownership there was far more clueless than Cleveland.

BadAss2961

But that's what he did.

So Lebatard says we should give the Spurs credit for simply being better than us last night. Get out of here with that rational thinking.

Wasn't that Chris Brown who said they swept themselves in the Lakers/Mavs series in 2011? No one wanna give the winning team credit unless it's the Lakers or Heat.

I strongly dispute your retcon of Lebron's history with Cleveland. Ferry surrounded Lebron with all the pieces he needed to win a ring in Cleveland, especially in 2009 and 2010. Hell, you can't just retcon history and say a team that went almost 40-1 at home in a season wasn't championship-caliber. The bottom line for Lebron in Cleveland is that he didn't come through. Not to put it all on him; for the life of me, I don't know why Mike Brown in 2009 tried to trap Turko every time down the court instead of going man to man, given that Turko was playing out of his goddamn mind and hitting open shooters everywhere.

Kind of reminds me of the 2012 and 2013 Clippers. There isn't really any roster need on the 09/10 cavs/12/13 clippers. It all boiled down to mental toughness and good coaching.

I can think of plenty of players who didn't bail in the past few decades, and I can think of even more who didn't bail and then try and band up with 2 other superstars. Lebron took the easy way out. He was supposed to be the Chosen One and bring balance to the Force; instead, he's a candy-ass jabroni who will leave far less of a legacy than he was supposed to. He was a once-in-a-generation type player, like Shaq or Duncan. But really, if he keeps this up, he will be lower than Hakeem or David Robinson on the totem pole when all is said and done.

charsace

Finally, you show some potential.

Bread

Banned
im getting the same feeling with this 3-2 series lead as i did with the celtics series last year. lebron is capable of evening up this series by himself, let's see if he pulls it off again.

Yea, it's not hard at all to see the Heat winning 2 straight at home--might even go as far as to say I expect it.

I think the difference between these two teams is paper thin and almost anything could happen tomorrow.

Top Bottom