• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vahagn

So guys, is the Manu Ginobili and Danny Green combo what we'd call a legit problem right now? Cuz I don't know how Miami is supposed to defend that when they got a Duncan and Parker combo just waiting to happen.

Nah, your problem is that the best player on the planet is averaging 21.6 ppg on 43.5% shooting against a well oiled offensive machine.

And those numbers are almost exactly the same as the average from his first 3 finals appearances i.e. there's reason to believe that it's who he is come June.

rdrr gnr

ithj06dy7ubofkpuo2.gif
Fuck that's a HQ gif.

Fi Fo Nye

Banned
Pretty much any Spurs player that is given minutes has the capacity to go off if you give them opportunities. Now that Manu has been resurrected, I don't see the Heat being able to lock down the revitalized Big 3 of the Spurs plus all their solid role players.

While I think you exaggerate a tad bit by saying "pretty much any Spurs player"... I do agree that Manu went off and Danny Green was that solid role player. It's going to be really interesting to see whether the Spurs can handle last year's champions fighting for their lives in an elimination game. Popovich will have to bring his best coaching yet, and Spoelstra's only hope is to not say anything else that might jinx them.

Nah, your problem is that the best player on the planet is averaging 21.6 ppg on 43.5% shooting against a well oiled offensive machine.

Wow, Vahagn, my man. People don't give you enough credit. You just said something positive about the Spurs. Good for you, bro!

While I think you exaggerate a tad bit by saying "pretty much any Spurs player"... I do agree that Manu went off and Danny Green was that solid role player. It's going to be really interesting to see whether the Spurs can handle last year's champions fighting for their lives in an elimination game. Popovich will have to bring his best coaching yet, and Spoelstra's only hope is to not say anything else that might jinx them.

Wow, Vahagn, my man. People don't give you enough credit. You just said something positive about the Spurs. Good for you, bro!

You know it pained him to write that.

If I eat Popeyes tomorrow night the Spurs are done

That's all there is to it

is this some kind of running gag around here?
are you supposed to force a heart attack before the series is over.
or are you like the resident overweight guy with extreme lack of respect for his own body

When Green broke Allen's record I was surprised that Ray Allen acted like such a petulant bitch. That really took me by surprise.

if your team was getting pummeled by a dude hitting 3s over and over again in every fashion and form I'm sure you would be pissed too

I mean I had the same reaction when Green hit it so I guess I'm a petulant bitch too

Fi Fo Nye

Banned
By the time that Ray broke Reggie's records he was already a commentator, not a player watching his team get gaped.

Do you expect him to give Green a fucking standing ovation?

Not exactly. What I do expect is for him to come out and hit a shitload of 3s of his own because you know, that's his record he's supposed to be defending or extending or whatever while he chases another ring or whatever he's doing on Miami's bench since Celtics' bench isn't good enough for him or whatever. But nah, instead he got all squeamish and squealish and shit, catching attitude and getting in a hissy fit.

Not exactly. What I do expect is for him to come out and hit a shitload of 3s of his own because you know, that's his record he's supposed to be defending or extending or whatever while he chases another ring or whatever he's doing on Miami's bench since Celtics' bench isn't good enough for him or whatever. But nah, instead he got all squeamish and squealish and shit, catching attitude and getting in a hissy fit.

Why do people get so salty about players leaving?

Slurmer

Banned
Why does everyone act likebhe was reacting to his record being broken? I just took it as a reaction to some dude coming out of nowhere to torch his team in the finals.

Why do people get so salty about players leaving?

I'm gonna ask Larky that after Bron travels to Hollywood after next year and dons that Purple and Gold while playing for the finest CEO in sports after she gives Jim Buss enough to live out his days doin coke and hookers. Come Bron, fulfill your destiny!

but he kinda did, he had 21 points in game 5.

and people still mad about ray leaving that shitty celtics squad that got bounced by the knicks in the first round?

Really? I couldn't tell with all the 3s that Danny Green was hitting. My bad.
hence his fucking expression

Fi Fo Nye

Banned
but he kinda did, he had 21 points in game 5.

Really? I couldn't tell with all the 3s that Danny Green was hitting. My bad.

hence his fucking expression

Yeah, his expression was like, "Why can't I do what Danny Green is doing anymore? Why didn't Boston want me anymore, man? What is life? Can this nightmare end already? Oh God, I took less money for this. Kevin didn't even want to look in my direction anymore. I shouldn't even be in the Finals without him. What have I become?"

Well, his expression was kind of ambiguous in many ways too. He could've just been frustrated, plain and simple. You right.

Jag

Why does everyone act likebhe was reacting to his record being broken? I just took it as a reaction to some dude coming out of nowhere to torch his team in the finals.

I think this is pretty much it. Fucking kid from Babylon too. Nothing worthwhile ever came out of Babylon (except WBAB).

Top Bottom