• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Yea, it's not hard at all to see the Heat winning 2 straight at home--might even go as far as to say I expect it.

I think the difference between these two teams is paper thin and almost anything could happen tomorrow.

Agreed. This Spurs team isn't like the Mavs of 2011 nor is this Heat like that Heat team.

AirBrian

Technically the Heat are supposed to be down 3-2 going back home (2-3-2 format). Combine that with the "every other" win streak, and I'm not surprised with that line. Plus the home-court is usually just what the doctor ordered for role-players.

Add in the Heat win by double digits every time they lose. That plays into it.

Vegas is about making money, not guessing who will win. That may seem to be at odds with one another, but it's not.

Allen Iverson's ex-wife, Tawanna Iverson, says the former basketball star has abducted their children, according to multiple reports.

Tawanna Iverson reportedly filed legal documents contending that she granted Allen Iverson permission to take their five children on a vacation to Charlotte, N.C., from May 22 to May 26.

When the agreed-upon end date rolled around, she says that he never returned their children, who are between the ages of 3 and 16.

Tawanna Iverson, who has sole legal and primary physical custody of the children, contends that Allen Iverson never went on the vacation and is keeping the children at a Sheraton hotel in Georgia, according to the reports.

Tawanna Iverson allegedly arranged for her and her ex-husband to meet on June 4, but Allen Iverson never came.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-allen-iverson-kidnapping-20130617,0,6790509.story

SMH AI. SMH.

BadAss2961

Cant wait for lebron to drop 60 points on the spurs tomorrow
ithj06dy7ubofkpuo2.gif

Jag

Can SA win one of the next two?

Doing the math, probably. It really depends if more Heat players show up for 2 consecutive games. Recent history doesn't suggest that they will. If the Heat lose, it will cap a frustrating post season, but the Spurs will have earned their victory.

apparently pat riley sat down with lebron before game 6 of the ECF last year.

cmon Pat!

I'm hoping for some more of his freaky voodoo. Hopefully he'll pull the whole team into it again.

I can see LeBron drop 30+ and Wade drop 20+ but Bosh and everyone else struggle, don't think Ray will go for 20+

If Mike Miller starts then Spo is an idiot, pop will Insta start Manu again if given the chance

Free dat bird

I've got a feeling there will be some spurs fans in the stands tomorrow. Hmmmmm

Sharp

Vegas's line right now is pretty insane IMO, if I were a betting man I'd lay down some money on the Spurs.
When Miami wins they almost always win big though.
Pretty sure the Spurs have the advantage in point differential so far. Let's drop that like 4 points because Miami's at home... I still don't see how that makes them 7-point favorites.

Because Miami has won by double digits after every loss since like January including their two wins here.

Vegas is trying to get the pricing right for betters. Betters are obviously going to bet on Miami on a line that is close

The only thing that matters is what betters think. Vegas is charging them a lot to buy Miami because a lot see them as big faves.

THRILLH0

Banned
Except LeBron didn't respect Gilbert because he did anything he wanted. One reason he went to Miami was Riley who demanded respect. Wouldn't take shit.

Lebron was crying about minutes and coaching from day 1 in Miami.

Picking Dirk is madness but make no mistake, Lebron wants the everything to revolve around him and his boys.

Spo kno dat.

DaMan121

Lebron would put up Wilt numbers in the NBL.

Lol, you will need to total every NBL players salary to pay him.

That reminds me years ago when there was a threat of a strike, Longley was concidering coming back home to play for the Perth Wildcats. There was a rumour Pippen was going to come down with him lol.

Wanted to chime in on the lebron/dirk debate

Dirk stuck with Dallas his entire career and really should have left after the 2009-2010 season since it was another disappointing 1st round loss as a 2nd seed. He came back though, something most players will never do. Dallas was expected to lose practically every round in that 2011 post season yet they continue to move on to the next round with Dirk as the only all star. MAVS were HEAVIlY picked against in the finals. Wade and lebron tried to get under dirks skin by making fun of his sickness or whatever. That run is probably more impressive than anything the BIg 3 will ever do just because they really absolutely came out of nowhere. Especially dirk and his greatness.

If lebron did that in Cleveland then those MJ comparisons would actually be somewhat justified. Lebron came to Miami to join an already proven winner Wade. Whatever the BiG 3 do will probably never match Wade's 06 run either. That playoff run really is probably the closest Jordan- like runs for a player we will ever see. Wade absolutely dominated.
Lebron is no doubt the best player right now but he will likely never match what Dirk or even Wade did. Especially if he ends up losing this finals as well.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
So, Best-GAF, I'm moving to New York City in October. I'm ready to attend every Bulls game in the Garden/Barclays.

KingKong

Dirk stuck with Dallas his entire career and really should have left after the 2009-2010 season since it was another disappointing 1st round loss as a 2nd seed. He came back though, something most players will never do. Dallas was expected to lose practically every round in that 2011 post season yet they continue to move on to the next round with Dirk as the only all star. MAVS were HEAVIlY picked against in the finals. Wade and lebron tried to get under dirks skin by making fun of his sickness or whatever. That run is probably more impressive than anything the BIg 3 will ever do just because they really absolutely came out of nowhere. Especially dirk and his greatness.

If lebron did that in Cleveland then those MJ comparisons would actually be somewhat justified. Lebron came to Miami to join an already proven winner Wade. Whatever the BiG 3 do will probably never match Wade's 06 run either. That playoff run really is probably the closest Jordan- like runs for a player we will ever see. Wade absolutely dominated.
Lebron is no doubt the best player right now but he will likely never match what Dirk or even Wade did. Especially if he ends up loosing this finals as well.

Dude would you rather live in Miami or Cleveland

Lebron was crying about minutes and coaching from day 1 in Miami.

Picking Dirk is madness but make no mistake, Lebron wants the everything to revolve around him and his boys.

Spo kno dat.

Dude has grown up and matured. Simply wants to win. I can't think of a highschooler to the NBA that did more with what he had than LeBron. It took alot for him to grow up but he has. Let the other shit go and appreciate the fact that you're witnessing greatness.

BadAss2961

Lebron is no doubt the best player right now but he will likely never match what Dirk or even Wade did. Especially if he ends up losing this finals as well.
Refs.

Fi Fo Nye

Banned
So guys, is the Manu Ginobili and Danny Green combo what we'd call a legit problem right now? Cuz I don't know how Miami is supposed to defend that when they got a Duncan and Parker combo just waiting to happen.

SamuraiX-

So guys, is the Manu Ginobili and Danny Green combo what we'd call a legit problem right now? Cuz I don't know how Miami is supposed to defend that when they got a Duncan and Parker combo just waiting to happen.

Pretty much any Spurs player that is given minutes has the capacity to go off if you give them opportunities. Now that Manu has been resurrected, I don't see the Heat being able to lock down the revitalized Big 3 of the Spurs plus all their solid role players.

Top Bottom