• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

I really hope Pop and Manu redeem themselves. Pop will probably make some adjustments on Lebron guarding TP the whole game, but Manu is probably done.

popeyes-wicked-chicken.jpg

M V P

M V P

M V P

Shit I had Pops today too, first time in forever! Although these arent my teams so..

effzee

heat fans should be ashamed of themselves after what happened tonight, was there even one who wasn't calling it a game?

Yeah because calling a game when the team looks like shit is something new? Or unique to Heat fans?

You guys are insufferable. Heat looked and played terrible. Calling it a game was from just watching. They won but the way they played through 3 quarters it looked like they had no chance. How does pointing that out make anyone less of a fan?

You know Wade is going to have a good game on Thursday.

You know Duncan isn't having this sort of a game on Thursday.

Can Manu and TP have a good game on Thursday?

The lockdown on 3-point shooters worked out for MIA...Spurs are going to need to find a way to get that shooting going again.

I don't think Miami can eliminate 3-point shooters and shut down Duncan too. SA just went away from him when they needed him most.

I don't have any biases here, so here's how I saw it go:

Lebron brought Heat back in the 4th to get them at least within striking distance

As the marquee guy, and the one who takes most of the responsibility, he made mistakes, but his teammates picked up the slack and made up for it (Dat Allen, you creepy bastard)

Parker wanted that title bad and didn't want to play another fucking game for it

Spurs missing free throws cost them the title

Manu is the best running back I've ever seen in my days as a fan

Him and Green both got fouled like a motherfucker, but armcharing it isn't fair to anyone?

Bosh loves money

BASKETBALL~!

He started off the 4th on fire and is the reason the Heat got back in the game. And he fucked up big time at the end... only to be saved by offensive rebounds and Ray Allen.

Best player in the NBA today but he definitely choked at the end of the 4th. Comparing Lebron's "greatness" to Jordan is what pisses me off. The dude is a joke in comparison. Fuck all these kids who were born in the 90s and have no recollection of the greatness that was Jordan.
KEEP THE SALT COMING
lkGSVV6.gif

LMAO SOME MIAMI FANS LEFT THE ARENA EARLY AND SECURITY WOULDN"T LET THEM BACK IN

I really hope Pop and Manu redeem themselves. Pop will probably make some adjustments on Lebron guarding TP the whole game, but Manu is probably done.

I thought he gave everything he had left in game 5. Feel bad for him.

And I don't know if Duncan has anything left. I mean, he won't be Manu bad, but can he play 40 min on Thursday and give 15 and 10, even?

I think he went for broke tonight and TP and Manu failed him.

Up 13 at the end of the 3rd...up 5 with 37 seconds left. It will haunt them forever if they lose this.

I wonder if Spo should really play Wade more than around 20 minutes on Thursday because the Heat were awesome with him out and have no spacing with him in.

It should be based on how Wade plays. But I agree, if he isn't on, I would play Battier more.

Quit posting fried chicken pictures... I'm on a diet and I've been doing good for 3 months and I'm about to say 'fuck it' for some chain chicken.

Lebron saw his life flash in front of him those last two turnovers he made, the Spurs gave this man his life back, gonna be extremely tough to beat them now.
Somebody needs to gif that face he made during the timeout. Dude looked like he was ready to cry and/or hit up Mitch and talk specifics.

effzee

Lebron was trash for most of the game hell he near fucked it up at the end

Okay overall

He was. But he was the catalyst for the run in the fourth. They don't come back down 10 to take the lead without him.

Not just scoring, but rebounding, incredible D on Parker all 4th quarter and into OT, assists, and that huge block on Timmy.

Wait are people rewriting history with LeBron and crowing triple double? His choking down the stretch in the 4th/OT nearly game the Spurs the game LOL. Dude got his ass bailed the fuck out by Allen, Bosh, and Hell even Chalmers.

Who hit the three before Ray Allen to make it a 2 point game?

Oh yeah lets forget about that. Lets also forget how he brought them back in the 4th.

Get a new gimmick.

And I don't know if Duncan has anything left. I mean, he won't be Manu bad, but can he play 40 min on Thursday and give 15 and 10, even?

Up 13 at the end of the 3rd...up 5 with 37 seconds left. It will haunt them forever if they lose this.

It should be based on how Wade plays. But I agree, if he isn't on, I would play Battier more.

The worst part is so many of Manu's turnovers were just stupid turnovers. Like, really really dumb passes for no reason.

heat fans should be ashamed of themselves after what happened tonight, was there even one who wasn't calling it a game?

Yeah, shame on me for not anticipating LeBron scoring the most 4th quarter Finals points in his career after playing a shitty three quarters

Even still I'd say the Spurs choked this game away, probably 3 times. The Heat played good defense (except on Duncan) and eventually I guess that broke the Spurs down.

Not to mention only 1 day off. Duncan was moving gingerly after Bosh fell on his leg.

Who let you out of MLB-gaf?

Losing to the Pirates, I'd sooner post in a My Little Pony thread than go in there tonight.

just make it fit in your daily macros biiitch :p

Usually before dinner, I eat 360 Calories with 40 grams of Protein, so if it's for dinner, I can pretty much eat whatever I want.

I also cycle 8 miles a day, and try to get in at least 2 quick miles running. So, yeah, I'm getting some KFC tomorrow.

why is everyone complaining about a foul at the end

lol Bosh didnt foul Green

Spurs missed two free throws (manu-1, Leonard-1) two offensive rebounds(led to one LeBron 3 and one Ray 3)

hhahahaha thats awesome the security didnt allow the fans back in the game

Also, it still boggles the mind how the Spurs just forget to pound the ball inside to TD when he has abused Miami's big and would rather go with hero ball from Manu or TP against an extremely tough perimeter defense. He is so underused right now.

DJ88

I'm still kind of in shock over this game. Will go down in history, so many insane moments that made and broke both teams. I think I'm going to Game 7. After this game I kind of feel obligated to be there.

GamerSoul

I didn't watch the game because of its my gf birthday...id probably would have had six heart attacks after seeing that score. Was it really as great as the score indicates?

TuXx

They were literally wheeling in the Larry o'brien trophy for the Spurs. The Spurs had it won. Worst collapse in finals history.

Into

Its over, Spurs aint coming back from this.

I understand the whole ref thing, but they themselves are also to blame.

They will lose by 10 in Game 7, someone might have a decent game, but the team as a whole will be defeated.

Is Manu going to go out like this? Like a fraud? Or is he going to step up and redeem himself? He really screwed the pooch here, granted so did Wade but Manu even more so

LuchaShaq

Banned
Fuck, I feel bad for Manu.

The greatest Non American wing in NBA history.

Olympic Gold medalist

One of the best 3 players on multiple championship teams.

Mad a shit ton of money

Had a crappy game 6 in a finals where he was old as fuck.

Manu will be fine even if it might be time to hang em up.

Question, what's harder to watch.

Wade playing like a shell of himself?

or

Mike Miller crumbling in a ball of pain every 3 min?

Top Bottom