• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Missed everything but the fourth quarter with visitors over, but my observations of the last segments of the game:

1) Miami: LeBron was trash in crunch time. Bosh was the MVP of this game with those two key blocks, the big rebound and assist to Ray Allen, and looking the most like a human dinosaur.

2) San Antonio: Manu is dead. Again.

ZZMitch

I'm still a little salty over the fact that Ray Allen was the one to make a clutch 3 and send the game into OT. Why did it have to be Ray Allen?!

DJ88

wade coming back in seemed to kill the heat flow, and then he almost gave it to the spurs in overtime

I don't care how many points he's had these last 2 games. His presence on the floor kills all the flow on offense. He holds the ball too long only to take a forced jumper or run into a wall of defense and let someone else deal with 5 or less seconds on the shot clock. I said it earlier during OT. I'm terrified whenever he has the ball.

Manu should hate himself. He had the favorable matchup the whole night. Timmy was doubled down low, Tony was defended by Bron and Manu was guarded by...Ray Allen?

I mean the shit he pulled tonight wasn't even choking. There aren't even words for the shit he pulled.

Smokey

Miami is the most triflin 'sports' city I have ever seen. The combination of Heat-Age abandoning the fuck out of their team in the Finals with the best player in the world (in the 3rd quarter) AND fans fucking leaving the arena is grounds for revoking their "fan" card.

lebron shut down parker tonight, he was 6/23. Tony mde some back breaking shots though(that step back 3 my heart)

if the heat win, oh god. and lol at these runs the heat make without wade on the floor, he better work on that jumper this summer

Miami is the most triflin 'sports' cities/fans I have ever seen. The combination of Heat-Age abandoning the fuck out of their team in the Finals with the best player in the world (in the 3rd quarter) AND fans fucking leaving the arena is grounds for revoking their "fan" card.

2K MOTHERFUCKER

RESPOND TO ME

The greatest Non American wing in NBA history.

Olympic Gold medalist

One of the best 3 players on multiple championship teams.

Mad a shit ton of money

Had a crappy game 6 in a finals where he was old as fuck.

Manu will be fine even if it might be time to hang em up.
Don't forget: I'm unemployed and have little money. I live with my parents and hate my life. And yet I still feel bad for Manu.

cashman

Banned
Miami is the most triflin 'sports' city I have ever seen. The combination of Heat-Age abandoning the fuck out of their team in the Finals with the best player in the world (in the 3rd quarter) AND fans fucking leaving the arena is grounds for revoking their "fan" card.

It's heat culture. More accurately it's city of Miami culture. Worst fans in any sport out of any city in the United States.

dschalter

Missed everything but the fourth quarter with visitors over, but my observations of the last segments of the game:

1) Miami: LeBron was trash in crunch time. Bosh was the MVP of this game with those two key blocks, the big rebound and assist to Ray Allen, and looking the most like a human dinosaur.

these type of comments are hilarious. bosh had a middling game, but because he isn't lebron he is the mvp of the game.

LuchaShaq

Banned

A huge block, 18 points, great overall D/playmaking in the 4th q when his team was down ten?

Yeah what a choke job!

thekad

Banned
It's weird how identical Harden and Manu are. They make like the exact same plays.

Hopefully Harden retires before he's 36 though

I don't care how many points he's had these last 2 games. His presence on the floor kills all the flow on offense. He holds the ball too long only to take a forced jumper or run into a wall of defense and let someone else deal with 5 or less seconds on the shot clock. I said it earlier during OT. I'm terrified whenever he has the ball.

yep maybe spo should try wade coming off the bench blame the knee or something. The offense just looked so smooth with the shooters spreading the floor and lebron driving at will.

yep he didn't make the 3 before allen or anything. The whole reason it was close was him. Allen though stepped up big time in the end. Anyways heres to another exciting game.

Talon

Pop's answers are the best.

"Get em off the bus. We pull up to the ramp here. We get off the office. That's how we get to the game. We play."

Ripclawe

Banned
LOL

Pop ain't taking shit at this press conference good for him.

I heard him on Lebatard show with Stan van gundy talking to Pop and he is an entertaining interview when he doesn't have to suffer fools

wade coming back in seemed to kill the heat flow, and then he almost gave it to the spurs in overtime

Yup. Wade is toxic to the team's flow. Like I said earlier, his point differential in this game was fucking -15!

Dear God, this Kanye album is ANNOYING. I thought I'd like it based on the whole "non hip hop fans will dig it." Not even close.

We'll always have My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Ace album.

yep he didn't make the 3 before allen or anything. The whole reason it was close was him. Allen though stepped up big time in the end. Anyways heres to another exciting game.
He turned it over like 2-3 times in the final 2 minutes, air balled a shot and bricked that 3 before Bosh got the offensive rebound. Can you not give blame on LeBron for anything?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I still can't believe Pop took out duncAN AND Parker like that. I'ts fucking bizarre. He was over thinking this shit. They are your two best players, they play! Simple as fucking that.

Also I wouldn't be surprised by a heat or Spurs blowout. Both teams have players than go off from three. I will be shocked by a close game actually.

Pop better get to Tony and Manu before they depressed. They both played like shit, but we didn't get blown out. I doubt Timmy has anywhere near the game he had in game 6, but a decent game from Tony and Manu not having 8 FUCKING TURNOVERS can even that out

LuchaShaq

Banned
It's heat culture. More accurately it's city of Miami culture. Worst fans in any sport out of any city in the United States.

It's the nature of the city. If I'm in Miami and my team sucks? There are hundreds of awesome clubs/beaches to go see.

I'm a Bills fan, (don't live in the area anymore), but when our team loses? There is nothing to do but stare at snow, and talk about how all the jobs have left the area.

Makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom