• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So, NBA people can be childish like SW gaming side folks with the Lebron hate. I don't really care because everyone will always hate and overanalyze words of players but damn, Lebron deserves respect and so do the Heat as an organization.

Happy to be living in FL during these times.

effzee

I don't think OKC as constructed can beat the Spurs or Heat, although the latter-two should decline soon.

No team with roodypoo Dwight as its best player can win. Same with CP3. If they band up then maybe.

Healthy Bulls team would give any team fits, so maybe Rose.

Melo is a clown, and cut from the same cloth as Iverson.

WTF? Iverson played on far inferior teams and took his Sixers to the finals. Fuck off with that. And he at least tried to play D, led the league in steals, and was all heart.

So, NBA people can be childish like SW gaming side folks with the Lebron hate. I don't really care because everyone will always hate and overanalyze words of players but damn, Lebron deserves respect and so do the Heat as an organization.

Happy to be living in FL during these times.

You can still hate the Heat or not root for them. But still questioning Lebron? Still searching for reasons to not count his rings? Still making excuses? Refs? That's when it gets sad and pathetic.

I still have no respect for the player who left his home team to create one of the most stacked teams in NBA history just to chase a ring but I can respect what he has done in this series.

Kobe and Shaq.

Boston's big three

Kobe and Dwight Howard

and even Kobe and Pau before that.

Super teams, stacked teams, and players needing other players to win championships is nothing new, unique, or odd. In fact its the best formula to win a championship. Didn't do it for money. All 3 sacrificed to win rings. Get over it.

I also love how he did it "just to chase a ring". Isn't that the point of the sport? Of any sport?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fuck the Heat.

But good for Shane Battier I guess.

Happy Rashard finally got a ring too. At least I think they still give rings to the guys who don't play.

DJ88

LOL anyone listening to Mike and Mike? This Jalen Rose call going out on he air lol

Hahaha that was hillarious.

You should be thanking the refs for not calling two blatant fouls at the end of overtime instead.

You should be thanking them for not calling the blatant illegal substitution of Duncan at the end of the regulation and letting the overtime even happen in the first place.

Man your posts last night were cringe worthy. So butt hurt

effzee

Hahaha that was hillarious.

I missed it. What was it about?

You should be thanking them for not calling the blatant illegal substitution of Duncan at the end of the regulation and letting the overtime even happen in the first place.

Man your posts last night were cringe worthy. So butt hurt

Or the # of free throws Spurs shot. It was more than the Heat in game 6 and 7. Probably more for the whole series.

Or the missed free throws by Ginobili and Leonard. I think Heavy is moved past joke character to just pure miserable cry baby.

I woke up this morning, and while I'm not exactly salty about the way things played out, I can't shake the general malaise of knowing that fanbase, with people that left pivotal Finals games early, with people who turned on the greatest player in its history to jump on the bandwagon of their greatest free agent signing in history, is the one that has the championship.

No matter what I feel or say or saw, they've got the ring and that's the end of the argument. They've got more rings in this 10 year period than my team has in its entire existence, and more rings in like...a third of the time my team's existed. :(

GG, Heat-Age. Barring injury, they'll probably win again next year too.

DJ88

I woke up this morning, and while I'm not exactly salty about the way things played out, I can't shake the general malaise of knowing that fanbase, with people that left pivotal Finals games early, with people who turned on the greatest player in its history to jump on the bandwagon of their greatest free agent signing in history, is the one that has the championship.

No matter what I feel or say or saw, they've got the ring and that's the end of the argument. They've got more rings in this 10 year period than my team has in its entire existence, and more rings in like...a third of the time my team's existed. :(

GG, Heat-Age. Barring injury, they'll probably win again next year too.

Try and forget about those idiots, and don't let one group of people shape your perception of an entire fan base. There's still a huge amount of people who do deserve to be celebrating the championship.

AirBrian

Congrats, phee, MiamiWesker, Pimperx, and the rest of the true Heat fans who have been here from the start.

Manu cost the Spurs the championship, and Pop's legacy gets tarnished a little bit from Game 6. Poor Timmy, though...sucks for him. It's eerie how similar this is to the 2011 World Series.

Oh, and the Dallas Mavericks are still the last team to beat the Heat in a series.

2011 Dallas. 2003 San Antonio. 1994-1995 Rockets are the only teams in the last 20 years to win championships with just 1 super star caliber player.

Everybody needs help.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is there a mobile stream?

I need dis

SA sports radio isn't giving me the sodium I need. Too classy, it's just hella depressing.

Are you WATCH ESPN enabled through your cable provider?

If not there are streaming sites which stream ESPN all day. I don't need to use them since I have insider and WATCH ESPN through Brighthouse.

linsivvi

2011 Dallas. 2003 San Antonio. 1994-1995 Rockets are the only teams in the last 20 years to win championships with just 1 super star caliber player.

Everybody needs help.

If you consider Pau a super star then 95 Drexler was definitely still one.

Without him no way the Rockets repeat.

Kobe > Duncan.

Duncan was going to take it in my book if he won the series but I can't put him past Kobe when his timidness directly led to him having 4 rings versus Kobes 5. His complete inability to score on Bosh and Birdman in 1 on 1 situations on the block in the second half of game 6 and in all of game 7 were heartbreaking as well.

Pop? Still a great coach, but dropped a rung on the ladder for me.

Kobe > Duncan.

Duncan was going to take it in my book if he won the series but I can't put him past Kobe when his timidness directly led to him having 4 rings versus Kobes 5. His complete inability to score on Bosh and Birdman in 1 on 1 situations on the block in the second half of game 6 and in all of game 7 were heartbreaking as well.

Pop? Still a great coach, but dropped a rung on the ladder for me.

The funny thing, if they had lost in the West Finals or Semis, people would hold their legacy in higher esteem, I bet. *shrugs*

PBY

Banned
7-DSC_0411.jpg

Congrats, phee, MiamiWesker, Pimperx, and the rest of the true Heat fans who have been here from the start.

Manu cost the Spurs the championship, and Pop's legacy gets tarnished a little bit from Game 6. Poor Timmy, though...sucks for him. It's eerie how similar this is to the 2011 World Series.

Oh, and the Dallas Mavericks are still the last team to beat the Heat in a series.

Woooo woooooo. Feels good bro. This was the worst possible scenario as a Mavs fan for a Finals. On one hand, our hated rival Spurs win, and on the other hand our other hated team wins. Just a lose lose situation to begin with.

Everybody needs help.

Dirk da best.

What in the fuck Danny Green? I remember people giving Damp shit when he went to party with the Mavs after the Finals, but at least he ACTUALLY played with that team for years. What excuse does Green have other than he wants to be a member of the Heat?

I mean he was teammates with Lebron for a little while in CLE, but still.

What an idiot.

Oh yeah that's right. Pretty ridiculous either way, he made a huge mistake especially with how poorly he played in the last two games. Makes him suspicious!

Vire

What in the fuck Danny Green? I remember people giving Damp shit when he went to party with the Mavs after the Finals, but at least he ACTUALLY played with that team for years. What excuse does Green have other than he wants to be a member of the Heat?

I mean he was teammates with Lebron for a little while in CLE, but still.

What an idiot.

Vestal

Recruitment.

Top Bottom