• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

hoos30

DSC_0541.jpg

damn, CB D:

Bosh is one of the weirdest looking dudes on the planet. The faces he makes are priceless.

Kobe > Duncan.

Duncan was going to take it in my book if he won the series but I can't put him past Kobe when his timidness directly led to him having 4 rings versus Kobes 5. His complete inability to score on Bosh and Birdman in 1 on 1 situations on the block in the second half of game 6 and in all of game 7 were heartbreaking as well.

Pop? Still a great coach, but dropped a rung on the ladder for me.

Duncan was never going to be better than Kobe. This whole rings math is off putting, Michael Jordan isn't the greatest because he has the most rings, since he doesn't.

It's just the wrong way to compare players. Kobe is better than Duncan because he reached far greater heights than Duncan ever did.

Bosh is one of the weirdest looking dudes on the planet. The faces he makes are priceless.

LOL, he's got that raptor pose going on. He does look super weird though. I think it's because he has such a small head for that large body, including the long neck that he's sporting.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
LOL, he's got that raptor pose going on. He does look super weird though. I think it's because he has such a small head for that large body, including the long neck that he's sporting.

LOL oh man. Strikin' that raptor like post. A wild Bosh appears once again!

He could almost pass for Philloso-bosh!

Duncan was never going to be better than Kobe. This whole rings math is off putting, Michael Jordan isn't the greatest because he has the most rings, since he doesn't.

It's just the wrong way to compare players. Kobe is better than Duncan because he reached far greater heights than Duncan ever did.

yeah duncan never got swept by jj barea and barely made the playoffs with dwight howard and steve nash on his team

I'm sorry, did I say Duncan never had a better season than Kobe? What is this?

You're grasping for air with that one.

you said kobe reached far greater heights than duncan, i was agreeing with you. getting swept by jj barea and having phil jackson booed out of staples in his final game is something duncan has never achieved.

o-MIAMI-HEAT-CELEBRATE-570.jpg

lol bosh

Congrats, phee, MiamiWesker, Pimperx, and the rest of the true Heat fans who have been here from the start.

Manu cost the Spurs the championship, and Pop's legacy gets tarnished a little bit from Game 6. Poor Timmy, though...sucks for him. It's eerie how similar this is to the 2011 World Series.

Oh, and the Dallas Mavericks are still the last team to beat the Heat in a series.

lol thanks, after the game I got so many texts from Mavs fans friends who rooted against the Heat "Well at least this escalates the status of our title even more!"

LOL 12 minute quarters!??!? I'm not an iron man lol

I have the PC version though :(

12min quarters?!?!

Games on the default already take like 30 minutes man. How do you not lose interest?

We used to do 7 or 8 minute quarters for the league but I think started last year, there was one day where I asked Smokey to try 12 minute quarters. we actually found it to be incredibly fun and still ended up with realistic scores and stats. if you enjoy playing the game (and have about 60-70 minutes to burn) and you have good competition, 12 minute quarters is the way to go and doesn't really feel all that long

after I've done 12 minute Qs I kind of have a hard time going back to regular games but I can deal with it

Duncan still scored 54 in the last two games so it's hard for me to put any blame on his "timidness" especially when his guard play collapsed completely and Parker ended up struggling to even get him the ball. He's a better defensive player than offensive player and his defense was awesome all year long and he still scored at a high level despite being 37 and having to use so much energy on defense.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
o-MIAMI-HEAT-CELEBRATE-570.jpg

lol bosh

lol thanks, after the game I got so many texts from Mavs fans friends who rooted against the Heat "Well at least this escalates the status of our title even more!"

We used to do 7 or 8 minute quarters for the league but I think started last year, there was one day where I asked Smokey to try 12 minute quarters. we actually found it to be incredibly fun and still ended up with realistic scores and stats. if you enjoy playing the game (and have about 60-70 minutes to burn) and you have good competition, 12 minute quarters is the way to go and doesn't really feel all that long

after I've done 12 minute Qs I kind of have a hard time going back to regular games but I can deal with it

The PC version was just on sale for USD and is on sale frequently for 10, if you ever get it, hit me up. I don't have any PC Bball friends.

The PC version was just on sale for USD and is on sale frequently for 10, if you ever get it, hit me up. I don't have any PC Bball friends.

actually

I do have it

but is there a way for us to play without having to make a league?

I made a league for me and bob a few days ago but i have no idea how to advance it or play games

the league name is ph33nix the pass is lbjmvp if you want to join and maybe try sometime

Duncan still scored 54 in the last two games so it's hard for me to put any blame on his "timidness" especially when his guard play collapsed completely and Parker ended up struggling to even get him the ball. He's a better defensive player than offensive player and his defense was awesome all year long and he still scored at a high level despite being 37 and having to use so much energy on defense.

IWMTB stahp

let me swim in the salt
Just allow me to be irrationally bitter pls

BadAss2961

After the game 6 he played, had they finished that game i'd easily have him over Kobe.

Doomsayer

That was a great game yesterday, nothing better than a game 7.

I don't like either team (which may be an understatement) but I was rooting for Timmy because he is the epitome of a class act. TP is okay, respect the hell out of his game and Manu is an overrated flopper who cost the Spurs the series.

Congrats to Miami and all of Heat-age, except for shadow.
j/k <3 you bruh.

Miami really did clamp down on Green and made him a total non-factor after game 5. I don't know why it took them 5 games to scheme for him, but the adjustment was made.

Seemed like TD couldn't score on Birdman this game which makes no sense to me. He was eating him alive in the previous games. Parker did nothing while LeBron was on him.

I have to say LeBron really earned this finals MVP, he played pretty damn good defense all series and rebounded extremely well. His last two 'elimination' games were damn good, with the exception of a few bad plays near the tail end of game six. Fuck a Wade, Battier, and Allen though.

Congrats again, Heat-age.

bionic77

So... Lebron's mental toughness seems to be just fine to me.

Good for him, the team, and all the fans.
Lebron could have quit at the end of game 6 but he kept shooting (granted most of the shots were bricks, but that is not the point, if you are THE MAN you have to keep shooting in that situation). It was luck that they won that game but I give him props for not quitting or passing to a scrub player like he has in the past. The Spurs did not make their free throws and the fact that the Heat did not give up is why they eventually won.

I am sick of legacy arguments 5 minutes after a Finals. Everyone is the greatest and worst right after the finals. Give it some time.

The two things that will stick with me in these finals is how godawful Manu was. Even John Starks would be embarrassed by Manu's performance. I mean you just don't see such horrible plays and turnovers by a former All Star at any level, but especially not in the finals. The other thing that still blows my mind is that for much of the series Boris fucking Diaw was able to bother Lebron James and almost shut him down. Seeing a fat man with giant tits who was never known for his defense stop anyone is surprising, but to see him be able to slow down Lebron James is something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Vestal

That was a great game yesterday, nothing better than a game 7.

I don't like either team (which may be an understatement) but I was rooting for Timmy because he is the epitome of a class act. TP is okay, respect the hell out of his game and Manu is an overrated flopper who cost the Spurs the series.

Congrats to Miami and all of Heat-age, except for shadow.
j/k <3 you bruh.

Miami really did clamp down on Green and made him a total non-factor after game 5. I don't know why it took them 5 games to scheme for him, but the adjustment was made.

Seemed like TD couldn't score on Birdman this game which makes no sense to me. He was eating him alive in the previous games. Parker did nothing while LeBron was on him.

I have to say LeBron really earned this finals MVP, he played pretty damn good defense all series and rebounded extremely well. His last two 'elimination' games were damn good, with the exception of a few bad plays near the tail end of game six. Fuck a Wade, Battier, and Allen though.

Congrats again, Heat-age.

I think in regards to Tim he was spent for the most part running on fumes, that's why birdman was able to play him better. Parker looked dead physically for most of the game, game 6 really took a lot out of him.

Talon

The two things that will stick with me in these finals is how godawful Manu was. Even John Starks would be embarrassed by Manu's performance. I mean you just don't see such horrible plays and turnovers by a former All Star at any level, but especially not in the finals. The other thing that still blows my mind is that for much of the series Boris fucking Diaw was able to bother Lebron James and almost shut him down. Seeing a fat man with giant tits who was never known for his defense stop anyone is surprising, but to see him be able to slow down Lebron James is something I will remember for the rest of my life.
Bitchtits are Lebron's kryptonite.

Somebody call Oliver Miller.

I'd say that Duncan is the better player than Kobe because Duncan is a defensive anchor on top of being San Antonio's main post guy. Kobe's defense has always been overrated and in the past several years it has been downright nonexistent.

I'd say that Duncan is the better player than Kobe because Duncan is a defensive anchor on top of being San Antonio's main post guy. Kobe's defense has always been overrated and in the past several years it has been downright nonexistent.

So you agree that KG is better than Dirk. Glad we cleared that up.

So you agree that KG is better than Dirk. Glad we cleared that up.

Kobe and Duncan don't play the same position. Dirk is the better power forward by far. I'm sick of arguing that, really. Dirk has an MVP, a Finals MVP, and didn't have to join forces with Pierce and Allen to get a ring. And he's a better playoff performer than Garnett not to mention he's been to the playoffs more. I'm not going to argue it anymore because no one can convince me on this board that KG is the better player. It's a silly argument.

If you're comparing the best overall player over the past decade+ then it is definitely between Kobe and Duncan even though they play two different positions.

Talon

A lot of revisionist history going on regarding KG. Leave your personal feelings about him at the door. Personally, I despise him and will always despise that cocky jackass.

He was one of the most dominant defensive force in the game for a long time, and he's still a complete and total physical freak. He took Wally to a WCF. That practically makes him Jesus.

Larry Bird couldn't guard fast dudes on the wing because he didn't have the lateral quickness to do that, but you don't hear people hold that against him because he was Larry Bird.

Dirk is awesome. KG is awesome. Dirk's not a bitch. KG is a total bitch.

End.

Spurs interior defense completely fell apart whenever Duncan was sitting.

That was the #3 ranked defense in the league, and the best rim protecting one if I'm not mistaken.

Even KG wouldn't have had that kind of impact.

Top Bottom