• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Does anyone have that image comparing how Kobe handled his injury versus Pierce/Wade and some other jabronis?

Kacar

Chad Ford seems to love the idea of the cavs and Otto Porter Jr. says its a perfect fit. Dont know if this changed with us firing Byron today. But I've always felt Porter would be a bust, seems kinda Wes Johnsony to me.

Can;t wait for us to hire some hack coach (like Michael Curry) then draft a stiff like Zeller or Plumlee and yet somehow make the playoff by being scrappy and shit (and other team tanking so damn hard) and giving Miami our pick in a better draft...

can't

fucking

wait.

Nobility

Banned
Another disappointing summer for the Raptors awaits...

Also, I agree, Loser Bros must return for yet another postseason.

Gary Harris, Mitch McGary, and Glenn Robinson III going back to school.

Not sure about any of these decisions, but McGary's decision seems really strange...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How the hell does McGary not ride his tournament performance into a lottery pick?

Dude was pretty much garbage most of the season.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
By far, Claver's best contribution to the NBA:

64129_10151560561064609_770099118_n.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FUCK ME if they re-hire Mike Brown. That's a good way to lose your somewhat goodwill, Gilbert.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Mike Brown gets too much hate.. I think he is a decent coach for young talent. The Cavs don't plan on winning much next year but MB will teach them how to defend..

Early Mock:

1) Bobcats-Noel (cause I'm biased)
2) Suns-Ben McLemore
3) Cavs-Porter
4) Magic-Burke (because lol)
5) Hornets-Oladipo (Rivers sucks and Gordon is getting traded)
6) Kings-Adams (Cousins insurance)
7) Wizards-Shabazz
8) Pistons-Bennett
9) Wolves-Len
10) Blazers-Dieng
11) Thunder-Zeller
12) 76'ers-Jeff Withey
13) Mavs-Giannis Adetokimbo (Cuban has a plan)
14) Jazz-Myck Kabongo

KingGondo

Banned
Early Mock:

1) Bobcats-Noel (cause I'm biased)
2) Suns-Ben McLemore
3) Cavs-Porter
4) Magic-Burke (because lol)
5) Hornets-Oladipo (Rivers sucks and Gordon is getting traded)
6) Kings-Adams (Cousins insurance)
7) Wizards-Shabazz
8) Pistons-Bennett
9) Wolves-Len
10) Blazers-Dieng
11) Thunder-Zeller
12) 76'ers-Jeff Withey
13) Mavs-Giannis Adetokimbo (Cuban has a plan)
14) Jazz-Myck Kabongo
I bet the Magic would take Oladipo at that spot. Presti and his disciples love length and athleticism.

PhantomR

Banned
The biggest story of the offseason will obviously be Phil Jackson coming up here to be the President of basketball operations for the Seattle Supersonics :)

Our knights at arms will ensure that large amounts of dat Scrooge McDuck money will make it happen.

20120614_sonicsrallyAP09-600x399.jpg

steveballmer.jpg

Someone make a mock that goes all the way down to the Spurs so I start hyping up some dud kid in my head

I'll need it when we're eliminated in a couple weeks.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
hoping for the cavs to get porter(if they dont get the noel pick) and prob dieng if hes available with that second first rounder. plus using one of their seconds on one of those intriguing 7 footers that are floating around under the radar

please no mike brown. please

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
After the final such rout April 3 to the Clippers, Suns center Jermaine O’Neal questioned the team’s commitment in front of Managing Partner Robert Sarver and the team in a closed-door locker room meeting. Sarver countered that interim head coach Lindsey Hunter was learning on the job, to which Hunter responded with an inference that he needed better players to win.
:lol

On Portland said:
"I like this town because it doesn't look like there's too much to do out here," Allen said. "I know if I played out here I couldn't do nothing but work on my game every minute, every second. It would keep you in the gym. You know towns like Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Sacramento, even Memphis -- those are the towns where you have no choice but to be successful because there ain't too much going on in the town."

lolx2

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227296/Cavaliers-Concerned-About-Competition-From-Other-Teams-On-Mike-Brown

The Cleveland Cavaliers are interested in hiring Mike Brown and may move quickly due to concerns other NBA teams will be pursuing him, according to a source.

Brown left the Cavaliers in 2010 following their second round exit during the final season with LeBron James.

"If anybody calls, you have to listen," Brown said in a telephone interview on Thursday. "I'm not rushing to get back to [coaching]. Whether it's the Cavs situation or anybody else, it has to feel right for both sides.

"If they call, I wouldn't hang up the phone. I'd definitely listen to what anybody has to say. But then you have to decide if it's the right situation for myself, my family and the organization."

Double LOL- Cavs are not only going to get Mike Brown but outbid themselves in the process...

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Mike brown is better than 90% of the coaches in the league.

im actually ok with him coming in and teaching the team to defend, but im afraid hes gonna treat kyrie like bron and not help the team grow on offense at all.

if they bring in a great assistant to run the o it might work. but i also want lebron back in 2014, i wonder if mike brown would be a help or a hindrance

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Cavs were in the bottom 5 of defensive efficiency in each of the 3 seasons under Scott.

I don't agree that Brown is better than 90% of the coaches but he's going to turn things around dramatically at least on that end.

It's not the worst hire in the world. He can make them relevant again and then they can fire him in a few years.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Fuck the Mike Brown talk. I saw every game this man coached over a 7 year span. He's garbage under pressure.

Not like this. I didn't want to lose Kyrie like this.

dalVlatko

Brian Shaw as head coach and Mike Brown as assistant

Do it Grant/Gilbert!

Cavs pick from the Lakers ended up being 19 after the coin flips.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
1500 espn said:
According to league sources, one scenario being discussed has coach Rick Adelman taking over Kahn's duties and hiring the next coach. If true, Adelman's good friend, Elston Turner, would be considered the front-runner. Turner, a long-time assistant, is a coaching free agent after parting ways with the Suns in January. Someone close to Turner said he'd run the same offensive and defensive sets as Adelman. In other words, it would be an easy transition.

I think I'd be alright with this?

dalVlatko

Mike Brown met with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, a league source said in confirming a report by WKYC-TV in Cleveland. It is the first known candidate to interview for the vacant head coaching position

He likely learned from his first tour here. And he’ll likely get the opportunity to make better the second time around.

If I was a betting man, I’d put big money on Mike Brown returning to Cleveland as coach of the Cavs, perhaps as soon as this week.
http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/jas...brown-makes-most-sense-for-cavaliers-1.391614
Gonna look for the nearest bridge to jump off of if it isn't an assistant position

I don't even hate Mike Brown, but it just makes the organization look pathetic rehiring the coach they just fired 3 years ago

Kacar

I agree, why go down the same road with him again.

In better news, the cavs have reached out to Phil Jackson, he wont pick us. But it's worth a shot.

I would think Phil would never want to live in Cleveland but if they give him supreme reign over basketball operations you never know.

Top Bottom