• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Repost from the Playoffs OT.

HAPPY FUCKING BIRTHDAY TO GIRI

Sam Amick said:
Phoenix announces GM Lance Blanks is out. He had a year left on contract.He was advocate of interim Lindsey Hunter's, so bad news for both

Nate McMillan has emerged as the front-runner to become the next head coach of the Detroit Pistons, according to sources.

The Pistons want a proven coach and have targeted McMillan, who has coached the Seattle SuperSonics and most recently the Portland Trail Blazers.

McMillan has an overall record of 478-452, with his teams going 14-20 in the playoffs. He has also been an assistant coach with Team USA under Mike Krzyzewski, when the U.S. won gold medals in Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012.

Lawrence Frank was fired by the Pistons last week

Heh.

wtf bobcats

wtf is right. I have no clue why we decided to do this. What the hell else was Dunlap supposed to do with the roster we have? Win? Lol to the floor if that was the expectation. I couldn't care less if the vets on the team didn't like him. He was seemingly building our young guys up and they respected him as well. If that wasn't true then yeah he isn't the guy, but I haven't seen any indication of that.

Does Mike have his name attached to anything other than his sneakers?

Meh. He never had any business savvy. He tries very fucking hard though. But its not like shooting a basketball. Which he fails to respect.

Nobody wants to work with him, and nobody wants to come work with him.

He needs to bail out and just go fuck that beautiful new wife of his. And stop wasting all of our time.

Detroit and Philly are much better job destinations that we are. If we don't have one of the Van Gundys or someone else of similar resume lined up I might just be done with this organization.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm sick and tired of all these bullshit articles about Colangelo's vision for the team.

FIRE HIS ASS!

Detroit and Philly are much better job destinations that we are. If we don't have one of the Van Gundys or someone else of similar resume lined up I might just be done with this organization.

Not so fast.

Stan Van Gundy called us an Armpit team...nobody wants to come here, get yelled at because Turner is somehow being held back by you, and that you aren't out there getting boards and not being a bitch.

7 coaches or so in the last 4 or so years man.

You also don't recover from this shit. Dudes retire or just dissapear after leaving here. Look at Doug. No body wants that shit for themselves. Larry only made it because he didn't have a soul to begin with.

We are in a worse spot than bad.....we are mediocre and will be for a long time. The Bobcats are closer to getting that guy than we are...nuff said.

Detroit is similar because Dumars went dumb lately.

Not so fast.

Stan Van Gundy called us an Armpit team...nobody wants to come here, get yelled at because Turner is somehow being held back by you, and that you aren't out there getting boards and not being a bitch.

7 coaches or so in the last 4 or so years man.

You also don't recover from this shit. Dudes retire or just dissapear after leaving here. Look at Doug. No body wants that shit for themselves. Larry only made it because he didn't have a soul to begin with.

We are in a worse spot than bad.....we are mediocre and will be for a long time. The Bobcats are closer to getting that guy than we are...nuff said.

Detroit is similar because Dumars went dumb lately.

Both teams have more talent than we do and are bigger, better markets as well. It doesn't hurt that both the Sixers and Pistons have winning traditions either. We have none of that. Who of reput wants to step into our situation?

At least you're organization isn't fucking around with recycled failures like Scott Skiles, Lawrence Frank, etc.

dalVlatko

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 8m
Mike Brown has emerged as the leading candidate to replace Byron Scott as #Cavs coach. Deal expected to be announced tomorrow

kill me

Jason Lloyd ‏@JasonLloydABJ 4m
#Cavs and Mike Brown have reached handshake agreement on deal, league source tells Akron Beacon Journal. Official announcement expected tmrw
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Cavs, Mike Brown talks are "quickening in pace," league source tells Y! Brown holds leverage, needs assurances on some issues of control.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good hire for the Cavs imo.

Mike Brown is a great coach for a team in transition. Byron Scott' Cavs teams were bottom 5 in defensive efficiency every single year. Not gonna happen under Brown.

Emwitus

If we hire Mike Brown.

My god.

i just...can't even

I can't see how that would be a bad move for phii....honestly. Who else is out there? It's amazing how some people see mike brown as some fraud coach. He might not be championship calliber but on a lottery team he would be more than descent....not even mentioning that he has a winning record and did great with LA last year.

I live in NC and I've been done with the franchise forever. It would take something incredibly lucky for the Bobcats to become relevant. They'd have to draft a Lebron/Durant/Duncan/Dirk like player. As it stands, A) no player wants to come to Charlotte that can't sign somewhere else first and B) the Bobcats front office might be one of the worst in all of professional sports.

giri

I can't see how that would be a bad move for phii....honestly. Who else is out there? It's amazing how some people see mike brown as some fraud coach. He might not be championship calliber but on a lottery team he would be more than descent....not even mentioning that he has a winning record and did great with LA last year.

Because very few of his players respect him.

He hasn't actually had to coach a team with "below average" talent yet.

He has A LOT of very significant short comings.

It's a very backwards move for the most part. Total regression. It will also alienate a lot of cavs fans who want to move forward and not look backwards.

I missed the Hoops Summit so now everyone is hyping a PG from Europe that I've never seen before as a potential Jazz pick, the tables have turned so much :(

Mahonay

Banned
Because very few of his players respect him.

He hasn't actually had to coach a team with "below average" talent yet.

He has A LOT of very significant short comings.

It's a very backwards move for the most part. Total regression. It will also alienate a lot of cavs fans who want to move forward and not look backwards.
All coaches have strengths and weaknesses. Mike Brown is one of the better defensive coaches in the league. He's not a bad coach.

Also NBA players disrespecting their head coaches is like a favorite past time of the league. Most coaches have to deal with that.

What coach, of who's currently available, would you rather take the job in Cleveland?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...-the-t-wolves-screwed-up-the-2009-draft-right
The Timberwolves turned a potential Rubio/Curry/Lawson windfall into just Rubio (who didn't come to Minnesota for two extra years); two years of Flynn (played in Australia last year); backup guard Malcolm Lee; three injury-plagued years and more than $15 million of damaged goods (Webster and Roy); and nearly $6 million of Webster/Milicic buyouts. They also briefly had and lost Motiejunas (a promising rotation guy for Houston), Parsons (no. 48 on the trade value list), Mirotic (Chicago's best prospect overseas) and Cole (a rotation guy for a 66-win team); and they have Memphis's 2013 first-rounder (near the bottom of a dreadful draft) and Brooklyn's 2013 second-rounder to show for their troubles.

And has Glen Taylor let David Kahn go yet? No, of course not.

giri

All coaches have strengths and weaknesses. Mike Brown is one of the better defensive coaches in the league. He's not a bad coach.

Also NBA players disrespecting their head coaches is like a favorite past time of the league. Most coaches have to deal with that.

What coach, of who's currently available, would you rather take the job in Cleveland?

Given their curent roster, Gentry would be really good for them, actually.

And to just dismiss Brown with "all people have strengths and weaknesses" is just tom foolery.

It also ignores the entire history of the move.

Actually I might

No. You really don't.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Khan.

Cause Love, Pek, Rubio.

The others never managed to get a 3 that good together, and they went through just as many or more resources.

I'm not saying i want khan on the suns though. Don't misunderstand.

McHale got Love.

And Pek

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, but he had enough sense to trade al, and not love.

That says SOMETHING.

not sure entirely what.

He drafted Flynn,Rubio and Lawson in the first round..

And Wes Johnson over Monroe, Cousins and anybody else with a pulse...

Bryan Colangelo does not have a contract for the 13-14 NBA season, but sources say the MLSE board is unlikely to consider a regime change.

Colangelo had instant success with the Toronto Raptors and won Executive of the Year in 2007, but the team hasn't been back to the playoffs since 2008.

Colangelo and the Raptors were unable to successfully build around Chris Bosh and haven't been bad enough since his departure to draft a franchise player as a replacement.

The Raptors improved their winning percentage from .348 in 11-12 to .415 this season, adding Rudy Gay, Jonas Valanciunas and Kyle Lowry to their roster over the past 12 months.

I'm so sorry, LFK, Kave, Brinbe, Flash, and the rest of Raptors-Age.

Top Bottom