• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

giri

He drafted Flynn,Rubio and Lawson in the first round..

And Wes Johnson over Monroe, Cousins and anybody else with a pulse...

eh, so did many others. And the wolves didn't need ANOTHER big. And none of those are thabeet bad in terms of picks.

And 2 of those 3 pg's are extremely good.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
eh, so did many others. And the wolves didn't need ANOTHER big. And none of those are thabeet bad in terms of picks.

And 2 of those 3 pg's are extremely good.

A ton of teams needed bigs, you could have made trade.. And Wes was Thabeet bad.. Maybe worse, because Thabeet is a serviceable player.

They got jack shit for Lawson tho..

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Fuck the Cavs. MIKE FUCKING BROWN AGAIN?

Fuck. My. Life.

People need to stop talking defense, defense, defense. The biggest issue with Mike Brown and a young team is that he lacks the ability to develop players, and when new talent is drafted, he doesn't know how to fit them into the roster.

And let's keep ignoring that the dude can't make an in-game adjustment to save his life, and that offensively he is the worst coach in existence.

I can't believe any of you would support this hire. Probably easier to do when it wasn't for your favorite team. We've been down this road before. He's a shitty coach, period.

Meier

If I was a Cavs fan, I'd be pretty unhappy, hell livid, with the news. Brown is a joke of a coach and he showed that time and time again with the Cavs let alone with the Lakers. They would have been wise to try for someone who is either untested or someone like a Rudy T.. surely some of these old coaches need money.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
A ton of teams needed bigs, you could have made trade.. And Wes was Thabeet bad.. Maybe worse, because Thabeet is a serviceable player.

They got jack shit for Lawson tho..

Hey, we got a first, which we then packaged with Ryan Gomes for two years of a busted Martell Webster, who was then paid to go away.

Mark Stein thinks we're going after Gentry. I say no thanks. I'd rather we go for another left field choice, someone who has had success coaching high level pro basketball in Europe preferably.

Emwitus

Mark Stein thinks we're going after Gentry. I say no thanks. I'd rather we go for another left field choice, someone who has had success coaching high level pro basketball in Europe preferably.

Didn't you try a left field choice with dunlap? I guess you're okay with mike experimenting and firing.

Didn't you try a left field choice with dunlap? I guess you're okay with mike experimenting and firing.

Unless there are unsolvable issues I'd rather we give someone at least two years to give them a chance to improve. I have no idea what went on with Dunlap, so I can only hope there were legitimately good reasons for him to be fired. Above all though I don't want to go the braindead coach retread route. To turn things around we have to find someone on the level of Tbibs or Popovich.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Unless there are unsolvable issues I'd rather we give someone at least two years to give them a chance to improve. I have no idea what went on with Dunlap, so I can only hope there were legitimately good reasons for him to be fired. Above all though I don't want to go the braindead coach retread route. To turn things around we have to find someone on the level of Tbibs or Popovich.

Dunlap deserves an extension for getting the Bobcats to score more than 80 ppg and keeping MKG from killing himself.

Dude also kept Byron Mullens' trade value high for most of the season too.

COTY

Pkaz01

I've got to admit Babby is smooth I like that we kept him, he talked his way out of getting any blame and dumped it on blanks. very slick.

Dunlap deserves an extension for getting the Bobcats to score more than 80 ppg and keeping MKG from killing himself.

Dude also kept Byron Mullens' trade value high for most of the season too.

COTY

It's hard to argue against what Dunlap accomplished on the court (outside of his rotations). So it must have been the off court aspects of the job that got him fired. It's too bad really, I liked him personally. I guess we're going to go after either Gentry or Scott now. At the very least I imagine both of them will be able to pull decent assistants, Gentry especially.

It doesn't matter who they pick. The Bobcats have quite possibly the worst talent pool of any NBA team right now. The only player that they have that MIGHT start on a good to great team is Kemba Walker. I also think picking Gilchrist over Drummond, Beal, etc. was a huge mistake.

MKG will be fine. Just give him some time. I really like Kemba also.

Cats are in a great position if they get either McLemore or Nerlens. Next year they are guaranteed to get Randle, Wiggins, or Jabari.

Worst case scenario right now is probably--

Kemba
McLemore
MKG
Randle

As their core in a few years with the ability to fill whatever other holes they have in FA.

There is a good chance it could be this though

Kemba
Wiggins
MKG
Nerlens

Which will contend for best in the east within a few years.

Keep those fingers crossed...

MKG will be fine. Just give him some time. I really like Kemba also.

Cats are in a great position if they get either McLemore or Nerlens. Next year they are guaranteed to get Randle, Wiggins, or Jabari.

Worst case scenario right now is probably--

Kemba
McLemore
MKG
Randle

As their core in a few years with the ability to fill whatever other holes they have in FA.

There is a good chance it could be this though

Kemba
Wiggins
MKG
Nerlens

Which will contend for best in the east within a few years.

Keep those fingers crossed...

hope is a dangerous thing Faze, I have hope we can land Noel. But Wiggins to Charlotte is something I 100 percent do not expect to see happen.

hope is a dangerous thing Faze, I have hope we can land Noel. But Wiggins to Charlotte is something I 100 percent do not expect to see happen.

Randle actually has looked better than Wiggins thus far, so getting him or Jabari isn't exactly the worst thing in the world and all three players should be franchise guys.

Nerlens second ACL tear was just a ridiculously unlucky injury. It's not the same thing as just going for a random rebound , landing solidly and then realizing you've got a knee fracture. That would be in the Oden/Roy class of oh fuck.

I think/hope Nerlens will be fine moving forward.

A great athlete with NBA strength, Muhammad can score from anywhere. Although he appears to be more of a one-dimensional player, he plays hard on every possession. Muhammad's not an elite defender or a great rebounder and doesn't really get others involved, but he's a guy who can get you 20 points a night.

This is one of the most negativity scouting reports about a lottery prospect you'll ever read and it still massively overrates Shabazz.

Randle actually has looked better than Wiggins thus far, so getting him or Jabari isn't exactly the worst thing in the world and all three players should be franchise guys.

Nerlens second ACL tear was just a ridiculously unlucky injury. It's not the same thing as just going for a random rebound , landing solidly and then realizing you've got a knee fracture. That would be in the Oden/Roy class of oh fuck.

I think/hope Nerlens will be fine moving forward.

I think Jabari will be great in the NBA, I'm not as enthused about Randle though. He has t-rex arms and he's only an average defender. Vonleh is a much better prospect in my opinion. He's more coachable and he has perfect size for the 4 in the NBA. He just needs to get stronger and become more assertive. He's a strong number 3 behind Wiggins and Parker imo. He reminds me a lot of Bosh actually.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Who is your favorite player in the upcoming draft.. I have to go with Potter..

Pkaz01

Who is your favorite player in the upcoming draft.. I have to go with Potter..

I'd be happy if the suns get McLemore since the sg is our worst spot and shabazz is kind of a douche,

I also wouldn't mind drafting Noel at C, trading Gortat for some youth or picks, and signing Mayo at the SG. But who am I kidding we probably won't even get a top 5 pick with our luck.

Forgot we still have Frye some team will be willing to trade for him.

If we get the number one and take Noel I think the probability that McLemore falls to the Suns is pretty high. Root for the Cats Suns fans.

Canuck76

Banned
You know he's getting close to his max right? Portland will do it.

God we gave Hibbert the max I'm sure we'll give it to him too.

Favorite player this draft is probably Marcus Sm-oh wait.

Anthony Bennet looks like the only player i'd be interested in. Porter will be good but he's like a rich man's Batum which isn't saying a ton.

charsace

Man I hope the knicks can keep him.... who knows though

JR in a jazz uni...my god the world would blow up

I can see JR getting 9 mill or more a season from someone because he got a great press this season. At one point people were pushing for him to get an all star spot. And with the Knicks he hasn't been getting negative press. The coaches say he's a gym rat and Woodson talks about how JR really wants to be a lock down defender, Doing things like playing golf with the owner of the team and having everyone, from Woodson to Dolan, in the organization saying JR is like their son has turned around his rep. Then he won the sixth man award and is the second option on one of the top eastern teams. This season went perfectly for JR.

masud

Banned
They gave Billy King an extension? What part of the blueprint is that?

wtfclips.0_standard_709.0.gif

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I know this goes against everything I've been complaining about for ... ever, but I'm pretty excited that Flip is in. It's a country club hire, but at least Taylor put somebody in charge that knows a thing or two about basketball.

And how timely is this? They waited months to hire Kahn last go round.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Now Taylor just needs to get out of the way.

yo rodeo

Vesely was on their radar for a long time: During the press conference, Flip Saunders said the Wizards identified Vesely "a few years ago" as a guy they wanted. Grunfeld elaborated on that, saying the Wizards had followed him for "three years, at least." He added that they "intensified that process" the last couple years, when Vesely was potentially draft-eligible. He even said that they would have considered taking him last year had he stayed in the draft and had the Wizards not won the lottery.

"Last year, we [originally] had the fifth or sixth pick, and he was one of the guys in our wheelhouse as we were really looking at."

The fact that they would have considered drafting Vesely over Cousins or Monroe is terrifying.

Flip Saunders was in love with Vesely for multiple years.

think about that for a second rodeo

rodeo think about that

rodeo

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I just read the Raptors might be trying to lure Phil Jackson over to us and giving him the President role.

Top Bottom