• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Mothman91

We're....

We're getting Otto Porter.

DRYOv.gif

Lol, I remember you saying Olynyk, or the Indiana big dude right?

How would Porter fit with us?

Brinbe

206 lb center, have fun with that.

Seriously, they should take Porter.

Kyrie/Waiters/Porter/TT/Sideshow isn't bad. Perfect fit.

I live outside of Charlotte and the Bobcats franchise is pissed. Don't be surprised if they eventually move to Sonic because the locals are fed up with this team. A cursed franchise if I've ever see one.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just pick Otto. Please, it's right there in your face. We need a SF more than anything, anything. Why overthink this shit ya'll?

Otto. Porter. Please.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I live outside of Charlotte and the Bobcats franchise is pissed. Don't be surprised if they eventually move to Sonic because the locals are fed up with this team. A cursed franchise if I've ever see one.

Most championship caliber team don't build through the draft. I agree though, the Bobcats should move to either Baltimore, St. Louis or Seattle.

dalVlatko

How old is that kid Nick Gilbert? Or is he a midget?

The younger Gilbert has Neurofibromatosis, a disease that causes the body’s nerves to grow tumors. They can happen anywhere on the body at any time, be serious or benign. He has had a severe case of the disease but has battled through it.

“Despite enduring brain surgery, the loss of vision in one of his eyes, four long rounds of chemotherapy and countless visits and time in doctor’s offices and hospitals, he has emerged as the happiest and most optimistic person I know,” Gilbert said.

Sounds like the worst thing ever

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 3m
With cap space, 2 first round picks & interest in improving fast, the Cavs will investigate trade options with No. 1 pick

Most championship caliber team don't build through the draft. I agree though, the Bobcats should move to either Baltimore, St. Louis or Seattle.

The only problem is that no one wants to come to Charlotte, NC. When the Hornets were good they drafted Morning and Larry Johnson and the rest of the pieces fell in their lap. No one wants to play for a team that botches drafts, makes awful trades, and changes coaches every season. I know some season ticket holders right now that are on the verge of giving up on this team.

jjasper

The only problem is that no one wants to come to Charlotte, NC. When the Hornets were good they drafted Morning and Larry Johnson and the rest of the pieces fell in their lap. No one wants to play for a team that botches drafts, makes awful trades, and changes coaches every season. I know some season ticket holders right now that are on the verge of giving up on this team.

That was Memphis like 5 years ago.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Nick jokes aside, I seriously didn't want the 1st pick.

Thompson
Varejao
Zeller
Speights

The Cavs have no need for Noel. But our SF situation is a fucking joke. Alonzo Gee is a piece of actual shit, with no business starting in the league. Mike Brown already said he's a bench player. You gotta take Otto.

I'm like fuck this LBJ talk, unless him and Gilbert had some Naruto level troll running this whole time. Planning for his return is a fucking failure in the making.

Thompson
Varejao
Zeller
Speights

The Cavs have no need for Noel. But our SF situation is a fucking joke. Alonzo Gee is a piece of actual shit, with no business starting in the league. Mike Brown already said he's a bench player. You gotta take Otto.

you sound crazy

Varejao is broken and getting older

Zeller is a backup

Speights and Thompson are PF's

what's there to think about wtf

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Before you repeat this argument for the 12th time, tell me what FA we should've targeted while MJ's Bulls were kicking the entire East's ass.

And after that we had Baron and Mashburn.

And before that was even over the team got shilled out by Shinn.

Since then, there's been no point in bringing in an overpaid guy for the sake of doing for the fucks because we'd have been Amare'd.

And season ticket holders here still give more fucks than the ones in New Orleans and Atlanta. AND there's a 10 year contract on the stadium. AND attendance has gone up each year, increasingly, with MJ at the helm. On top of that, we got the TV deal.

But aite. We're worse than the Bucks.

dalVlatko

Thompson
Varejao
Zeller
Speights

Thompson and Varejao are power forwards

Zeller is soft and can't play defense

Speights is awful and hopefully he doesn't pick up his player option

Porter is the safer pick but then again so was Derrick Williams

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

I think rebranding the franchise would be a good start. They do need to land a centerpiece, you're right. It's awful difficult to do so via free agency in a small market. Particularly when you look at the Lakers, Heat, Spurs and Celtics. All of them are very successful franchises, yet they bleed money rather than turn profits.

Spooks

I'm alright with Noel as the first pick. We desperately need a defensive minded big. My only worries are pairing Noel with TT.

Also between noel's knees and kyries knack for freak injuries this could potentially set up a scenario of "what that Cavs team could of been if they could just stay healthy" /Clevelandsportsluck

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Keep in mind that although he might be small, most everyone on the stage was a former basketball player, so that makes him look SUPER small.

Lebron's coming back home in 2014.

He's only 16 so it makes sense, but he has the voice of a man.

Lebron going back home to play? Akron doesn't have an NBA team, so that's unlikely.

Before you repeat this argument for the 12th time, tell me what FA we should've targeted while MJ's Bulls were kicking the entire East's ass.

And after that we had Baron and Mashburn.

And before that was even over the team got shilled out by Shinn.

Since then, there's been no point in bringing in an overpaid guy for the sake of doing for the fucks because we'd have been Amare'd.

And season ticket holders here still give more fucks than the ones in New Orleans and Atlanta. AND there's a 10 year contract on the stadium. AND attendance has gone up each year, increasingly, with MJ at the helm. On top of that, we got the TV deal.

But aite. We're worse than the Bucks.

A TV contract is the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise. It's one thing to acknowledge a freak show, but it's another thing to watch a train wreck. Attendance has gone up each year because they give tickets away. It still doesn't change the fact that they have one of the worst attendance ratios in the league.

Because...?

Memphis has a front office that has had to make tough decisions and they've made the right decision most of the time. The Bobcats have the most incompetent front office in the entire NBA. A team that burns through coaches, makes awful trades, and botches draft picks.

I am vehemently against the name change. I wanted a name change, but not to the Hornets. The Hornets just conjures up bad memories of a team that had to leave due to a shitty owner that was fucking a Hornets cheerleader for two years.

Cats still have a shot at McLemore. I might actually go so far as to send some feelers out or takers on Kemba to pickup another top 15 pick if possible. I think a team would do it--maybe Utah or New Orleans. Pick Burke 4th...

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Memphis has a front office that has had to make tough decisions and they've made the right decision most of the time. The Bobcats have the most incompetent front office in the entire NBA. A team that burns through coaches, makes awful trades, and botches draft picks.

I am vehemently against the name change. I wanted a name change, but not to the Hornets. The Hornets just conjures up bad memories of a team that had to leave due to a shitty owner that was fucking a Hornets cheerleader for two years.

Move the team to Seattle or St. Louis.

Top Bottom