• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Brinbe

wrong thread again, blah.

And the Cavs would be smart to trade down and still grab Porter. Let someone else role the dice on Noel.

ToxicAdam

As much as I don't believe in the kid, the Cavs have to take Noel.

This is he same team that is entertaining the idea of taking a flyer on Oden.

Mothman91

There are Wiz fans on realgm that are arguing that Webster > Porter

the fuck

I haven't seen Porter yet, but Webster was pretty good for us. Shot pretty damn well beyond the arc, and I thought he'd miss alot of games this year, but he didn't as much as I thought he would.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Kinda pissed the cavs got #1, that shit stain of an organization already got lucky enough with Kyrie.

Basically any other team winning it would have been more palatable.

I haven't seen Porter yet, but Webster was pretty good for us. Shot pretty damn well beyond the arc, and I thought he'd miss alot of games this year, but he didn't as much as I thought he would.

He was nice but if he didn't perform this year he'd be in Europe. He's missed more games than he's played.

Porter is better than Web at every aspect of basketball but shooting, and its not like Porter is a slouch there, he shot .42% from deep. That might be a fluke if it weren't for .77% from FT, which combined are a good indicator of legitimate shooting.

Mothman91

He was nice but if he didn't perform this year he'd be in Europe. He's missed more games than he's played.

Porter is better than Web at every aspect of basketball but shooting, and its not like Porter is a slouch there, he shot .42% from deep. That might be a fluke if it weren't for .77% from FT, which combined are a good indicator of legitimate shooting.

Yeah, that's the one thing that's completely selling me on resigning Webster, his health. We will be saving money with Porter which can be going into someone that we need.

Also, behind the scenes of the NBA lottery.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can I still say Fuck da Knicks?

:(

I had a funny joke about austin rivers failing to pass to shabazz but i forgot that your team will be the hornets and your now the bobcats... still lol in my book though... and fuck stern for allowing a team to call themseles the pelicans... shit sounds goofy as hell

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I had a funny joke about austin rivers failing to pass to shabazz but i forgot that your team will be the hornets and your now the bobcats... still lol in my book though... and fuck stern for allowing a team to call themseles the pelicans... shit sounds goofy as hell

It was pretty much Noel or bust for me so I ain't too mad - especially with Hornets coming back and MKG/Kemba.

Hope we pick up Zeller though. We need bigs like Vita needs games.

Zeus Molecules

It was pretty much Noel or bust for me so I ain't too mad - especially with Hornets coming back and MKG/Kemba.

Hope we pick up Zeller though. We need bigs like Vita needs games.

Yeah why worry there's so many bigs with potential I don't see anyone doing horribly. Though Draft Express has you taking Oladipo and you guys could use a some cheap youth at SG in preparation of ditching Gordon

Decent chance one of the bigs falls to us at 12. I'd be happy with Zeller, Olynyk, or Len.

You'll get a big but they will like need a season+ to take Perkins job

I keep reading about Glen Rice Jr and I hope the knicks get him. He could potentially contribute from the start and his game looks like it could improve overtime into at least a reliable 10 pts per game player. Of all the unorthodox roster moves the knicks made having Melo spend minutes at the 4 was a keeper and a true SF to play next to him would be great.

Zeus Molecules

Wolves: Shabazz

I AM SO SORRY RODEO
and Glen Rice Jr.!
I am ok with Saric but idk I can't see the knicks drafting someone who doesn't play defense well. We've seen that Woodson will bench a guy if he can't play defense.

Looking at Glen Rice measurements he is damn near the same as Shump.... Maybe Bullock would be the best guy but his peak isn't high.
Bullock can be had in the 2nd (though his stock is rising) and is a 2 way guy. Kicks need him bad.

Allen Crabbe is also an interesting player. 6'6-ish with a great stroke. Not as good a defender but still above average.

Zeus Molecules

and Glen Rice Jr.!

Bullock can be had in the 2nd (though his stock is rising) and is a 2 way guy. Kicks need him bad.

Yeah That might be the smart move. Like I said I like Glen Rice Jr but the Knicks need somebody who can guard Forwards (including the bigger ones) alongside Melo. Also I wouldn't mind the knicks taking a runner and maybe spending some cash on a second to get CJ Leslie. Woodson has shown the ability to get knuckleheads under control and CJ's attitude is what I think is keeping him from being a late first.

Allen Crabbe is also an interesting player. 6'6-ish with a great stroke. Not as good a defender but still above average.

I don't see it if Shump should be healthy and if JR comes back 2 guard might be the position they need to worry about the least

Updated DraftExpress page in regards to need for the 1st time.

previous mocks did not take into account team need.

the fuck?

We have a PF that's locked into the position for 3 more years, multiple backup PF's and yet DX thinks we want a tweener PF who, even if he was good enough to start, would shit all over our identity as a defensive team and ensure that Okafor goes elsewhere.

lol no

New Orleans skipping on a potential franchise point in Burke for a project big when they already have one in Davis = wat

The Bulls getting Dieng would be awesome though.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I expect the Charlotte Hornets/Bobcats to draft Seth Curry in the second round, if only to play up the connection to the old franchise.

Y'know I'm starting to doubt the "team need" factor being addressed on DraftExpress. They always had a notice saying it wasn't addressed in previous mocks, and now it's gone and players have been switched around. But some of these selections... I guess they're factoring in the stupidity of the teams' FO?
the fuck?

We have a PF that's locked into the position for 3 more years, multiple backup PF's and yet DX thinks we want a tweener PF who, even if he was good enough to start, would shit all over our identity as a defensive team and ensure that Okafor goes elsewhere.

lol no
Maybe they feel he'd play SF.
New Orleans skipping on a potential franchise point in Burke for a project big when they already have one in Davis = wat

The Bulls getting Dieng would be awesome though.
Twin Towers lol.

Dan Gilbert gets way too excited about "winning" the draft lottery twice in 3 years. You shouldn't be that happy about your team being complete trash. No wonder LeBron ditched that loser and his loser organization.

Dan Gilbert gets way too excited about "winning" the draft lottery twice in 3 years. You shouldn't be that happy about your team being complete trash. No wonder LeBron ditched that loser and his loser organization.

3 times in ten years is even more shameful...

No.

He owes the Raptors a favour, you all know he does. Give us Wiggins!

Playoff teams can't play the lottery, it's a Lebron Beatdown for you next year.

And yeah Dy, for the good of pro basketball in the Carolinas you might need to take a break from the trolling.*

*Only to come back for unholy vengeance the season after next.

Top Bottom