• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

charsace

He's also a headcase, and constantly forgets his role. Brewer is the better defender and athlete, and the better teammate, and knows his role on the team.

In the 2 years with the Knicks what has he done to cause problems in the locker room? Before the Knicks he had problems. Woodson, the front office, and his teammates all like the guy though. Woodson even says JR is like a son to him and so does Dolan. They are paying the guys brother to do nothing. He hasn't been a problem to the Knicks.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Whoa, Jeremy Lamb has 29pts so far? Dude sucked in his first game so I wrote him off but he can actually play.

KingGondo

Banned
Whoa, Jeremy Lamb has 29pts so far? Dude sucked in his first game so I wrote him off but he can actually play.
It bears repeating: it's summer league. But it's encouraging to see him bounce back after a poor performance.

He styled all over the D-league last year too.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
gotdayum

Who knew retard strength could command $50,000,000.

I think that's a great contract for Pekovic. I figured he'd get closer to a max, but then the market collapsed.

And, seriously, he's awesome. Post scoring, rebounding, his defense is underrated. He compliments Love perfectly.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
In the 2 years with the Knicks what has he done to cause problems in the locker room? Before the Knicks he had problems. Woodson, the front office, and his teammates all like the guy though. Woodson even says JR is like a son to him and so does Dolan. They are paying the guys brother to do nothing. He hasn't been a problem to the Knicks.

They said the same about Randy Moss on the pats. They always say the same things about these headcase players, and to be fair I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and I'm always willing to give different guys a 2nd chance. That being said, it doesn't take away from the fact that JR forgets his role.

http://i.imgur.com/qgytHuQ.png

gotdayum

Who knew retard strength could command $50,000,000.
PekLoveBlock_original.gif

paaaaaiiiiiiiid
He cna buy all the meat in the world with that

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
It bears repeating: it's summer league. But it's encouraging to see him bounce back after a poor performance.

Any examples of played who beasted in those leagues but absolutely sucked in the NBA?

SamuraiX-

I think that's a great contract for Pekovic. I figured he'd get closer to a max, but then the market collapsed.

And, seriously, he's awesome. Post scoring, rebounding, his defense is underrated. He compliments Love perfectly.

I know. I was just having fun. :p

From what I've seen of him, he definitely deserves at least $14M/yr, so $12.5M/yr is a steal.

Mcw isn't even Austin Rivers good.

It's gonna suck when we get Bobcats and miss out on a star and end back in mediocre town.

I take solace in Burke being awful too.. But still... Noel better be good/not dead

Derwind

I'm telling you, the right "supplements" would've given Hedo uber effort!

But yeah it's funny in order to get younger/more versatile/shed salary the Knicks actually gave a 1st for Bargs. Oh God... oh well time for numbers projections. If he starts at PF would 13/6/3 assts. w/ shooting 44% FG and 37% 3s be fine in order for this move to not be horrible? You'd think being like the 3rd/4th option + Carmelo being around would take pressure off him.

He'll probably get better looks on your squad and wont be the focal point of the opposing teams defense. I mean he'll probably be decent filling the role of a fourth option. don't count him on defense.

Only time will tell. I do expect a slight improvement in overall efficiency in his new role in New York.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Adams was terrible in college.

Hes the definition of a project. Quite likely to be a total bust and a total reach of a pick. Presti has no idea what hes doing.

Mcw isn't even Austin Rivers good.

It's gonna suck when we get Bobcats and miss out on a star and end back in mediocre town.

I take solace in Burke being awful too.. But still... Noel better be good/not dead

Nah

You're pretty much guaranteed a star.

And Noel is going to be the best player from this class if healthy. I don't have any doubts about that.

curry and rose were garbage in summer league but you had to give them a pass based on their play in college

mcw is just displaying everything he did wrong in college

sorry knux, noel will be good tho

masud

Banned
Summer league: where broad pronouncements are made about 19 year-olds in their third professional game.

Our franchise drafted Steven Adams, but yours traded multiple picks and players for Andrea Bargnani.

Multiple picks and players? lol For all intents and purposes they gave up one late first. Shit okc gave up more for Kevin Martin.

Did we give away a first round pick we actually owned in the Bargs trade, or was it a pick that another team owned and had the right to swap?

The swap pick.

curry and rose were garbage in summer league but you had to give them a pass based on their play in college

mcw is just displaying everything he did wrong in college

sorry knux, noel will be good tho

to be fair, MCW could be a GOAT tank commander which would be a good sacrifice for the talent available next year

Did we give away a first round pick we actually owned in the Bargs trade, or was it a pick that another team owned and had the right to swap?

swap

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

He also played well for the Rockets in Summer league, which I'm sure was also why OKC wanted him. I think he led the team in scoring with 20 per game or something like that for the Rockets.

masud

Banned
Adams does appear to be garbage doe. He's not differentiating himself from dudes that are gonna get shipped off to Europe in a couple weeks.

Durant said:
I think so. I was just talking to one of my guys this morning; I said, ‘Big time guys should come here.’ It’s the nation’s capital, it’s a nice market, fans are very loyal. So I don’t see why guys wouldn’t come here. They always do a great job of promoting young players into good players. They’re starting here, with the Wizards, with this young group. I don’t see why not. But for myself, I’m glad I’m in Oklahoma City.

That Nene contract off the books the same summer Durant expires

believe

I remember wanting Tyrus Thomas and thinking he had potential.

...in like, 2008 or something.

I'd like to call this the Stromile Swift Theorem.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
KO keeping it going, great finish in traffic in transition.

edit- misses the FT. Been missing a handful, looking at the college stats he's improved a ton, but has had troubles in the past. Sample size was pretty small, but sure he'll get it worked out.

KingGondo

Banned
Adams does appear to be garbage doe. He's not differentiating himself from dudes that are gonna get shipped off to Europe in a couple weeks.
@royceyoung: Steven Adams with a very quality game: 13 points (4-5 shooting), five rebounds, two blocks and a game-high +17.
Sounds like he played fine. I wasn't able to watch though.

exarkun

Top Bottom