• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Forever

Banned
It doesn't matter if you watch it or not, but it does matter that you paid for it.

No linny, I paid for Time Warner Cable, a Cablevision rival and a company that has as poor a relationship with James Dolan as exists in the media industry.

You said I was paying Dolan with every game I watched, a misconception you could only have gotten if you didn't know how networks actually made their money. You were wrong, and now you are doing damage control.

Stahp.

Guess Lebron is going back to CLE after this season

Bynum/Kyrie/Thompson/Waiters/karasev/jack/waived varajeo = $43 mil. non-waived = $49 mil or so, not including roster cap holds.

I think the Jarret Jack signing makes it tough. It also means guys like Gee and Clark are let go (not something you think about for Bron of course).

Cavs would be giving Bynum + Jack $20 mil next 2 years. I feel like their moves this year are them not believing Lebron would come back.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Cavs played it smart. Guaranteeing $6M in a $24M deal sounds like a lot based on Bynum's health history, but it's really not. Cleveland ...

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 44s
Cavs put number on table Mavs didn't want to match AND sent message to LeBron they'll try anything to improve roster for 2014 LeBron-a-thon

But will it work.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Cavs will have until next summer to decide on picking up Bynum's option for the '14-'15 season, source tells Y! ESPN reported Bynum choice.

Bynum/Kyrie/Thompson/Waiters/karasev/jack/waived varajeo = $43 mil. non-waived = $49 mil or so, not including roster cap holds.

I think the Jarret Jack signing makes it tough. It also means guys like Gee and Clark are let go (not something you think about for Bron of course).

Cavs would be giving Bynum + Jack $20 mil next 2 years. I feel like their moves this year are them not believing Lebron would come back.

Is Bennett included in this as well? He'll be at $5.4m next year.

I cannot believe there is so much talk about LeBron going back to Cleveland

Do people completely forget about this

dan-gilbert-letter.gif

That is a great contract for Cavs. $6 million for the chance to see if Bynum can be 2012 Bynum again? How does Dallas not match that? Cuban's been a moron ever since he won the title.

There's almost no risk involved for the Cavs here. They have to spend the money, regardless, and the reward is really high.

linsivvi

No linny, I paid for Time Warner Cable, a Cablevision rival and a company that has as poor a relationship with James Dolan as exists in the media industry.

You said I was paying Dolan with every game I watched, a misconception you could only have gotten if you didn't know how networks actually made their money. You were wrong, and now you are doing damage control.

Stahp.

You're the one who don't understand how it works.

ESPN gets a cut no matter which cable provider you use.

ESPN pays the league for broadcasting rights, which funnels the money back to each team.

Maybe you should go clutch your PP bobble head to sleep.

rando14

Dan Gilbert is such a slimy piece of garbage, he'd gladly take LBJ back despite all that trash he said at the time.

Seriously, he thought the cavs would get a ring before the heat? What a chump

thekad

Banned
The Warriors were in the luxury tax and then signed Iguodala. The Cavs won't have any trouble dropping Bennett and/or Thompson for minimum guys.

Emwitus

So no team including dallas would pay this guy more than 6 mill bucks first year? How bad were his knees ? :( His talent is worth alot more than that for sure.

Nicholson (19th pick from 2012) is at $1.5m for his second year so that will probably be Karasev's number as well.

I was too lazy to look it up. That said, I thought this year the rookie salaries stopped being locked and are allowed to rise with the salary cap numbers? Not that it would be much of a difference or anything.

I was just giving a rough approximation. It's somehwere $45-47 before roster holds,letting Clark/Gee go, and waiving Varajeo.

Short of max money. But again, long time from now til then and moves can be made. Still, I think Lebron returning is a weird storyline. Gilbert was such a jackass, seems odd.

The Warriors were in the luxury tax and then signed Iguodala. The Cavs won't have any trouble dropping Bennett and/or Thompson for minimum guys.

Because of cap holds, not player contracts.

And 1 year after drafting Bennett #1, trading him for nothing? lol. I mean, sure they'd do it Bron wanted to come over, but yeah, not seeing it.

Forever

Banned
ESPN gets a cut no matter which cable provider you use.
I'll make this nice and simple just for you, clown.

First tell me what ESPN gets a cut of, then tell me how that number is determined. I'll wait.

Hint: It's not subscription fees, which is what I paid, to a direct rival of Dolan's company no less.

SUPREME1

Banned
No way in this reality of ours, that LeBron goes back to Cleveland. LeBron burned that bridge and poisoned the well on his way out.

He's gone out of his way to make it clear that he reps Akron, not Cleveland. He wants nothing to do with that city or organization.

He wants easy chips and sluts in the club. Miami it is.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So no team including dallas would pay this guy more than 6 mill bucks first year? How bad were his knees ? :( His talent is worth alot more than that for sure.

He sustained a season ending injury

Bowling

And wouldn't work out

linsivvi

I'll make this nice and simple just for you, clown.

First tell me what ESPN gets a cut of, then tell me how that number is determined. I'll wait.

Hint: It's not subscription fees, which is what I paid, to a direct rival of Dolan's company no less.

http://www.trefis.com/stock/dis/articles/15281/espn-hbo-and-fox-sports-top-3-cable-tv-revenue-generators-for-media-stocks/2010-04-20

ESPN has around 98% penetration and charges cable / satellite operators a monthly fee per subscriber of about $3.20, which is much higher than the fee charged by its competitors.

Come again?

Edit: That's an old figure. It's been reported that they charge $5+ per subscriber now.

Kyrie is probably stuck in Cleveland at least five more years, right?

Unless something has changed about the CBA, they can extend them as soon as next offseason, and they'll max him and it would be foolish to turn down. Otherwise, he'll be stuck at a low pay scale for an automatic year 4, then he'll be RFA which means he can't get away, so he'd have to play for a low qualifying offer if he didn't extend then. So basically 2 years at max dollars or 2 years at, what, rookie pay scale?

So next summer, he signs a 5 year deal with an opt-out at year 4. Kyrie is in Cleveland until at least 2018.

Top Bottom