• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Cipherr

I actually hope Bynum has a great year for the Cavs. I like Kyrie, Mike Brown is a nut, but I would like to see him have some success too; and I like Earl Clark... So yeah, if that team gels well and gets a playoff seed I would be happy. But fuck Gilbert, fucking crybaby.

Dan Gilbert is such a slimy piece of garbage, he'd gladly take LBJ back despite all that trash he said at the time.

Seriously, he thought the cavs would get a ring before the heat? What a chump

I couldn't be more overjoyed that Lebron got TWO rings after that fool wrote that letter. I hope he wakes up in the middle of the night with the mental image of Lebron hugging both trophies.

Forever

Banned
Seriously, that's how far you have to go to find chaos theory cash flowing into Dolan's pocketbook? It's not a premium channel, it comes in any basic package, which incidentally is also bundled with phone and internet service. ESPN is going to be paid by the service regardless of any choice I make.

And you're still wrong at a more fundamental anyway because the price ESPN pays for NBA games is determined by ratings.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Kyrie is probably stuck in Cleveland at least five more years, right?

Unless something has changed about the CBA, they can extend them as soon as next offseason, and they'll max him and it would be foolish to turn down. Otherwise, he'll be stuck at a low pay scale for an automatic year 4, then he'll be RFA which means he can't get away, so he'd have to play for a low qualifying offer if he didn't extend then. So basically 2 years at max dollars or 2 years at, what, rookie pay scale?

So next summer, he signs a 5 year deal with an opt-out at year 4. Kyrie is in Cleveland until at least 2018.

Well, he'll get way less than he's worth for year 4 because that's how rookie contracts work, but yeah, he'll get an extension next summer. Nobody ever turns down the second contract because, well, they really have no choice.

exarkun

Everything you hear about Cleveland is about winning the Lebron sweepstakes. I can't believe the Cavs aren't hyping Kyrie as their superstar in waiting. Kyrie is gonna bolt at first chance. Morey please. He doesn't know what a real city is like, with lots of good strippers.

For the 2k thing, can we vote to make vegeta's theme Lebron's dunk/coming out the tunnel/intro music?

la_a_clippers_mb_576.jpg

If Bynum isn't healthy to play now when will he ever be

And when he gets hurt again it's going to take him another 2 years to recover

linsivvi

Seriously, that's how far you have to go to find chaos theory cash flowing into Dolan's pocketbook? It's not a premium channel, it comes in any basic package, which incidentally is also bundled with phone and internet service. ESPN is going to be paid by the service regardless of any choice I make.

And you're still wrong at a more fundamental anyway because the price ESPN pays for NBA games is determined by ratings.

You're wrong and I've been trying not to be rude to you. You are paying for the sports channels even if you don't watch it. It's been well documented.

http://newsela.com/articles/SPORTS-TELEVISION/levels/1040

According to the media research SNL Kagan, basic cable customers paid an average of $5.06 a month for ESPN in 2012. With nearly 100 million subscribers, ESPN is by far the most expensive product on basic cable.

“The cable customer pays for just about everything in the industry,” said John Denison, a founder of Metro Sports. That includes “the documentary that follows lions in Africa."

Go read the fucking article.

Forever

Banned
You're wrong and I've been trying not to be rude to you. You are paying for the sports channels even if you don't watch it. It's been well documented.

http://newsela.com/articles/SPORTS-TELEVISION/levels/1040

Go read the fucking article.
It doesn't matter that I'm paying a sports channel. The price the channel pays for NBA games is directly determined by ratings. I don't have a Nielsen box, so when I watch a game it doesn't make a cent of difference. You have been wrong and are still wrong.

linsivvi

It doesn't matter that I'm paying a sports channel. The price the channel pays for NBA games is directly determined by ratings. I don't have a Nielsen box, so when I watch a game it doesn't affect the ratings. You are wrong.

I'll just end this little debate with your fairweather ass with what you said:

a misconception you could only have gotten if you didn't know how networks actually made their money. You were wrong, and now you are doing damage control.

Stahp.

First tell me what ESPN gets a cut of, then tell me how that number is determined. I'll wait.

Hint: It's not subscription fees, which is what I paid, to a direct rival of Dolan's company no less.

Yep. I suggest you take your own advice instead of sidetracking.

dalVlatko

People were talking about him getting a max last year and he ends up taking 6 million

How fucked up are those knees

Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ

Even if Bynum flops, #Cavs risk is minimal. They are paying him what they paid Luke Walton last season.

Jason Lloyd @JasonLloydABJ

Asked a #Cavs exec if one knee is worse than the other. "They're both not good," was the response.

Kyrie is probably stuck in Cleveland at least five more years, right?

Unless something has changed about the CBA, they can extend them as soon as next offseason, and they'll max him and it would be foolish to turn down. Otherwise, he'll be stuck at a low pay scale for an automatic year 4, then he'll be RFA which means he can't get away, so he'd have to play for a low qualifying offer if he didn't extend then. So basically 2 years at max dollars or 2 years at, what, rookie pay scale?

So next summer, he signs a 5 year deal with an opt-out at year 4. Kyrie is in Cleveland until at least 2018.

Max deal tho.

Finding it hard to feel sorry for the dude.

Bread

Banned
Are you just listing teams that play in the East? Because the Cavs aren't even making the playoffs, much less contending. PEACE.
you're really underestimating how much the bottom 2 or 3 seeds in the east are going to suck, the cavs definitely have a shot at the playoffs.

Forever

Banned
But you are. Dolan makes money from any national game that you watch.
This is the post that started this dumb exchange. It was and has been wrong.

I'll just end this little debate with your fairweather ass with what you said:

Yep. I suggest you take your own advice instead of sidetracking.

The one who sidetracked with the network shit was you. You got me on ESPN, I didn't know that non-premium channels charged fees. That still doesn't change that the NBA revenue from game rights is determined by ratings and I think you know this now. So we both learned something...but I was still right lmao. Live with it, I'm done.

Bucks, Hawks and Boston are not going to make the playoffs. These teams have gotten worse significantly.

The Bucks and Hawks could be better as long as they retain their PGs and neither signs Monta. Monta and Redick didn't really contribute anything to the Bucks last year and while losing Dunleavy and LRMAM will hurt them, the probable improvement of their young players will more than make up for those guys...

Bread

Banned
Bucks, Hawks and Boston are not going to make the playoffs. These teams have gotten worse significantly.
hawks haven't really gotten that much worse

but yes the bucks might be the worst team in the league and the celtics are close. i could see the wizards, cavs, and bobcats fighting hard for those last 2 spots.

TBH, until Kyrie can play a full season without breaking something who cares if he goes or stays? He has a long ways to prove he's a franchise guy. When's the last time the guy played a full season? 7th grade?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Free agent center Sam Dalembert will meet with Mavericks officials on Thursday in Dallas, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Is this like plan W for the Mavs?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Hawks and Bucks? I'll give you the bucks got worse, but not significantly. The hawks however may have gotten better. Millsap is a solid piece who knows his role far better than Josh Smith did. If Horford is healthy all season, they'll be the same as always.

Celts absolutely... They'll be competing for the worst team in the league this year, depending on what the lineups look like. If Sullinger and Rondo are in and healthy, they'll be hanging around that 8th seed, however if those 2 are out you're looking at...

PG- Crawford
SG- Bradley
SF- Green
PF- Bass
C- Melo

Legendary.

Top Bottom