• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

Omega

Banned
i can't see the cavs finishing above the knicks, but otherwise the east is indeed that garbage past miami, indiana, chicago, and brooklyn

Cavs are garbage. Mike Brown is not a better head coach than anyone.

Irving and Varajeo, their two best players can't even stay healthy. Varajeo has played 81 games total in the past three seasons. Kyrie can't hit 60 GP. Bynum has knees worse than Greg Oden

Oh, and again, Mike Brown is the coach.

East is garbage, but Cavs aren't even Bobcats good

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Irving and Varajeo, their two best players can't even stay healthy. Varajeo has played 81 games total in the past three seasons. Kyrie can't hit 60 GP. Bynum has knees worse than Greg Oden

Lol whut... if healthy the cavs will finish as high as the 5th seed possibly.

Kyries a beast, Varejao and Bynum will split minutes, Dion waiters showed promise, Bennet should contribute immediately and Tristan Thompson will probably continue to improve.

linsivvi

This is the post that started this dumb exchange. It was and has been wrong.

The one who sidetracked with the network shit was you. You got me on ESPN, I didn't know that non-premium channels charged fees. That still doesn't change that the NBA revenue from game rights is determined by ratings and I think you know this now. So we both learned something...but I was still right lmao. Live with it, I'm done.

How much the NBA can charge ESPN and TNT for the games is partially determined by ratings.

Doesn't change a single bit the fact that you paid for it. You were wrong all the way, sounded so confident and arrogant even though you were completely clueless how things work. But I don't expect much from you given your posting history in this thread.

Mike Brown is better than dantoni.

he lost his job to D'Anonti

it's amazing how a team finishes as the third worst team in the East and because they pick up Michael Sweetney 2.0, Mike Brown and Andrew Bynum they're somehow the 5th seed now
well they were tanking before. meaning that they will actively try to win games from start to finish. I see them taking between the 6-8 seed.

it's amazing how a team finishes as the third worst team in the East and because they pick up Michael Sweetney 2.0, Mike Brown and Andrew Bynum they're somehow the 5th seed now

Young player improvement can hugely help teams. The Thunder went from a 22 win team to a 50 win team based mostly on internal improvement.

I don't believe in Waiters or Thompson that much, however (though I do think Zeller is going to improve and become decent)..

zychi

Banned
I think the East will be:

Bulls
Heat
Indy
Brooklyn
Cle
NYK---barely over .500

----Teams maybe get in at .500 or under---
Bos(Rondo will be 2nd MVP behind Lebron in East)
Mil

I think the East will be:

Bulls
Heat
Indy
Brooklyn
Cle
NYK---barely over .500

----Teams maybe get in at .500 or under---
Bos(Rondo will be 2nd MVP behind Lebron in East)
Mil

We don't even know if Bynum will actually play. Why would knicks barely be over .500 compared to the previous season?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Andrew Bynum when healthy is arguably the best offensive center in the game, and probably the 2nd best in the game. We don't know what Bennet is, and again they have a bunch of young guys in Tristan Thompson, Kyrie Irving, and Dion waiters who continue to improve. Meanwhile the rest of the east continues to suck and a handful of teams that usually grab those picks easy, fall off the board.

they weren't tanking they're just that bad

Cleveland is not making the playoffs with this roster.

If Cleveland is mostly healthy, they should be better than the following teams with ease:

Charlotte
Milwaukee
Philly
Orlando
Detroit
Boston

Definitely worse than:

Miami
Indy
Chicago
Brooklyn.

That leaves 5 teams for 4 playoff spots. Why can't the Cavs grab one? Knicks, Hawks, Wiz, Raptors and Cavs. One injury to any of those teams could derail their bid (unless it's bagnani, then it helps the Knicks).

Forever

Banned
How much the NBA can charge ESPN and TNT for the games is partially determined by ratings.

Doesn't change a single bit the fact that you paid for it.
The NBA would receive the same amount of money even if I cancelled my cable, internet, and phone service. Nothing I have done has contributed to the wealth of James Dolan in any fashion, no matter how indirect.

But I don't expect much from you given your posting history in this thread.

So salty.

SamuraiX-

PeknQzS.png

TAqmnLR.png

I can't tell if he's being a sarcastic prick or if that's just how he tweets. He uses ellipses in a lot of his other tweets.

J.J. Hickson all over again.

linsivvi

The NBA would receive the same amount of money even if I cancelled my cable, internet, and phone service. Nothing I have done has contributed to the wealth of James Dolan in any fashion, no matter how indirect.

So salty.

How is this even a debate? You pay for the TV contents just like you pay for all the shows on HBO. Your money goes to the cable providers which funds the channels which funds the content producers, in this case the NBA. You have already been shown you don't know how it works. So take your own advice and stop.

Oh and you don't even know what salty means. Stop abusing the word when you can't come up with any meaningful retort.

How is this even a debate? You pay for the TV contents just like you pay for all the shows on HBO. Your money goes to the cable providers which funds the channels which funds the content producers, in this case the NBA. You have already been shown you don't know how it works. So take your own advice and stop.

Oh and you don't even know what salty means. Stop abusing the word when you can't come up with any meaningful retort.

What was the original comment that spurred on this argument?

lol forever. i honestly expect to see the dude on the front page of the daily news one day for breaking into dolans house with a chainsaw or some shit

We don't even know if Bynum will actually play. Why would knicks barely be over .500 compared to the previous season?

because lol knicks thats why. i will feel bad for the haters when we are actually pretty good this year

Forever

Banned
How is this even a debate?
Because everything you just quoted is true and you're having trouble conceding it.

I actually think you're just salty that I make fun of the Lakers for being Knicks Jr. these days.

Top Bottom