• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT| Already Planning for the 2014 Offseason

I see it easy. Houston's guard play is rediculously mediocre defensively, Howard may it may not be able to make up. GS is better at almost evey position, and alot deeper.

Hell GS gave the spurs who have maybe the best perimeter defense in the league all they could handle. They're coming.
Still don't see it. Curry and especially Lee are really bad at defense too. the guard play defensively is just as bad as Houston. Klay and Curry vs Harden and Beverley are pretty equal. Houston has a superstar SG and C and a really solid player in Parsons. Spurs didn't have the best perimeter defense in the league either, that had to be either memphis or indiana.

GS beats teams with their perimeter shooting, Houston can do that too. they embarrassed them with it a couple times this season. they pretty much ran them out of the gym.

I really like the Iggy signing by GS though.

exarkun

I see it easy. Houston's guard play is rediculously mediocre defensively, Howard may it may not be able to make up. GS is better at almost evey position, and alot deeper.

Hell GS gave the spurs who have maybe the best perimeter defense in the league all they could handle. They're coming.

The only reason they gave GS all they could handle was Steph went off, but couldnt sustain since by the last two games of the series he looked exhausted. Klay got easy threes from when Manu was just...Manu bad on D (and when Kahwi kept trying to pack the paint instead of staying on Klay), and Harrison had pretty stat lines when they switched Parker onto him. Otherwise, Harrison couldn't create or get to the rim. The reason they lost was because Klay and Steph couldn't keep up the higher 3 point percentage they had at the beginning of the series.

We played golden state ball better than golden state did last year. As evidenced by the 3 to 1 head to head we had against them. Remember we almost broke the record for threes against them? Yea, their D is bad, its just the Spurs didn't have enough playmakers to break them down.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
bpeyytbcuaa7aiotnsw8.jpg

Holy shit, it's Clutch! #GOAT

OKC still gets the edge over them.

Naw but I don't put much into reg season anyway. Stats say Houston had a blowout, then a close game and then a GS blowout. Tells me nothing really.

And yeah I forgot OKC.
I'll wait and see with OKC; I don't like their current roster.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll never get used to Fat Yao.

So Harden and Howard want Lin and Asik to stay and won't be moved according to Morey. Guess the Rockets are not trading them... for now.

Vic

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen
In long explanation of why he doesn't want to deal Lin, Asik, "Assisant GM" @dmorey added another reason. Dwight Howard and Harden said so.

@dmorey, calling self assistant GM, on Lin, Asik: "Reality is James and Dwight want to play with Jeremy and Omer. They're going to be here."

Hiren Joshi ‏@htown747
Crowd also started yelling "Beat the Heat" Dwight responded with "ya it's hot out here."

Smokey

In long explanation of why he doesn't want to deal Lin, Asik, "Assisant GM" @dmorey added another reason. Dwight Howard and Harden said so.

@dmorey, calling self assistant GM, on Lin, Asik: "Reality is James and Dwight want to play with Jeremy and Omer. They're going to be here."

Hiren Joshi ‏@htown747
Crowd also started yelling "Beat the Heat" Dwight responded with "ya it's hot out here."

lolz
rally right in the middle of the day, on a july in texas

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hiren Joshi ‏@htown747

I'm glad he said that. SMH some Rockets fans.

Vic

Paul Gallant ‏@PaulyGRadio
Our @WillGrubbRadio tells us that Dwight was asked about his health after the press conference. Howard said he was 100% healthy.

Matrix

lulz I'm pretty sure it's customary to do that though, to chant "Beat (Insert Reigning Champion)" after you make a big move

lol

I know, but it still sounds crazy considering all the teams they have to go through in the West just to even face the Heat.

linsivvi

How do you guys feel about Kobe being back in LA after this year? Will the Lakers reload with him on the roster or will they go their separate ways?

If he doesn't want to take a pay cut, trade him to Dallas where he can finish his career with Dirk. At least they will have each other.

If he's willing to take a sizable pay cut that allows the team to get a high profile free agent or two, he should finish his career with the Lakers.

I'm cautiously optimistic because what Kobe said was, "As a businessman the goal is always to not take a pay cut," Bryant said. "But ..."

The "but" is the key here.

If he doesn't want to take a pay cut, trade him to Dallas where he can finish his career with Dirk. At least they will have each other.

If he's willing to take a sizable pay cut that allows the team to get a high profile free agent or two, he should finish his career with the Lakers.

I'm cautiously optimistic because what Kobe said was, "As a businessman the goal is always to not take a pay cut," Bryant said. "But ..."

The "but" is the key here.
"but I'm fucking kobe so fuck a pay cut"

exarkun

lulz I'm pretty sure it's customary to do that though, to chant "Beat (Insert Reigning Champion)" after you make a big move

Its not even. Rockets fans will always say "fuck the lakers" no matter if they won or not.

The heat thing is some obsession alot of our fans have. Like when they were talking about Howard coming here on the radio, the standard answer was "we gotta create our own Heat, ya feel?" I'd say its an urban or an age thing, can't tell which. Can't be that urban, cause most of my similar aged friends still rock yao/tmac shit. That, and everyone I talk to loves Bron. So theres that.

Matrix

"JJ Watt ‏@JJWatt 12m

Welcome to Houston Dwight. You want to workout sometime, let me know."

haha

Was that Gaines!? #19?

Holy fuck, he looked like he didn't even want to be on the court. And it looks like the Washington summer league coach obliged him.

bald kid with the sleeve

Porters handle is fucking awful, but his jumper looks really good and he's really disruptive. I'd like him to be a little better in his man D...he's absolutely on skates right now for no reason.

Glen Rice Jr looks really good...

Top Bottom