• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

EvanZ said:
The question is whether waiving Beasley signals that the Suns have abandoned their chase of Wiggins.

Excellent question from the guy who runs nbawowy. Going by win-shares, Beasley had the third worst season in the post-merger NBA last year so this is a huge blow to their tank.

Dion Waiters believes he can develop into the NBA’s best shooting guard.

“Without a doubt, I really believe that [I’ll eventually be the best shooting guard in the NBA],” Waiters said.

Hmm...

exarkun

Beasley is in Houston...for rehab. And to talk to John Lucas. Local sports radio is going nuts about whether we should give him a chance.

Should be resounding no, but people callin in and saying he can/will drop 20 points a night.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
well Wade and Kobe are done

the only SG worth mentioning is Harden so it is attainable.

i

This man will enter the top 5 SG list this year.

Yeah. It's good. Cleaning house. Now keep your standards.
Sadly the only standards they are upholding is no off the court issues (which is good) but they probably give no fucks that he's blown.
Excellent question from the guy who runs nbawowy. Going by win-shares, Beasley had the third worst season in the post-merger NBA last year so this is a huge blow to their tank.
Nah, we don't have anyone with talent to fill the void. Also, what have we learned, guys? The worst record always gets fucked out of the top pick. You don't want to be dead last.

Alright, fellars:

http://y.ahoo.it/R845gi35

That's the link to join the auction league I just made, 12 team max. Scoring and all that is standard. Roster is QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

12 team max. Draft is 9:30 CT tomorrow night. I couldn't do earlier; the next earliest time was 6:45 CT and I figured that may be earlier for our west coast brothers

dalVlatko

Holly MacKenzie @stackmack

RT@michaelgrange: Update: Tristan Thompson is now 29/37 (78%) FTs right-handed over nine games. Was 58% career as a lefty.
Wow...league is on notice

What's the biggest jump someone has ever made on FT%?

Alright, fellars:

That's the link to join the auction league I just made, 12 team max. Scoring and all that is standard. Roster is QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

12 team max. Draft is 9:30 CT tomorrow night. I couldn't do earlier; the next earliest time was 6:45 CT and I figured that may be earlier for our west coast brothers

I'm in. Should be fun. Maybe make the 3rd WR a W/T flex?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's Tony Allen.

After Tony Allen, its a blur.... but its not THAT much of a blur.

I still can't believe how Paul George is turning into the most #dickrode player in the league right now though.

I'm in. Should be fun. Maybe make the 3rd WR a W/T flex?

I would be open to this, let's see what others have to say. I have no feelings towards either one, so if no one says anything I'll change it

I'll go ahead and make it flex; unless I get a parade of 6 screaming against it I'll keep it like this

is 5 leagues overkill?

naaaaaaaaaaaah

I noticed you requested WR/TE. Is that actually fun/works? I do WR/RB usually

I would do a nba-gaf fantasy football league. madden league already has 3 going on

auction draft tomorrow night, 9 ET anyone?

I'm in...first time ever playing fantasy football (only done NBA).

Before I make a total ass of myself, anywhere I can read up on the standard scoring rules?

J. Bravo

His only problem is his health and defense.
Well, a lot of players have the issues on defense, or are great on defense but not offense. Health you can't really help except improving conditioning and strength.

I'm in...first time ever playing fantasy football (only done NBA).

Before I make a total ass of myself, anywhere I can read up on the standard scoring rules?

It varies by league. Hover over the League tab, and click on Scoring & Settings. Then scroll down, it should show you how much each passing yard is worth, etc.

Holly MacKenzie @stackmack

RT@michaelgrange: Update: Tristan Thompson is now 29/37 (78%) FTs right-handed over nine games. Was 58% career as a lefty.

Using a top 5 pick on a guy who doesn't even know what hand to shoot with. Cavs Culture.

I noticed you requested WR/TE. Is that actually fun/works? I do WR/RB usually

Yeah for a couple of reasons:
- the pool of RB does not run deep now.
- you would basically incite us to buy 3 rbs early and mess up the value of the rest.
- rbs are the hot commodity already.
- personal preference but it makes for quirky strategies (one could buy Jimmy Graham and Tony Gonzalez... Or it makes Gronk an interesting plug since he'll come back)

Yeah for a couple of reasons:
- the pool of RB does not run deep now.
- you would basically incite us to buy 3 rbs early and mess up the value of the rest.
- rbs are the hot commodity already.
- personal preference but it makes for quirky strategies (one could buy Jimmy Graham and Tony Gonzalez... Or it makes Gronk an interesting plug since he'll come back)

I got your point, I'll take off WR/RB flex

For right now I put it back to 3 WR, but I'll wait and see until others have logged on

Alright, fellars:

Count me in. I signed up already

Cheddahz

Banned
I just named my team "Not Dwight's Team" and I have never played fantasy football on Yahoo before, so this is a whole new interface to me

Vyer

hmm. never tried an auction draft before. One of my leagues abruptly closed yesterday so I've been considering joining another one...

pilonv1

Auction drafts are amazing and if you're good friends with the participants there will be some fantastic arguments and bitterness that come out of it.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/03/lamar-odom-cocaine-drugs-purchase-dealer-clippers-nba/

A man claiming to be Lamar Odom’s drug dealer in New York gave an interview with Radar detailing the cocaine habits of the basketball star who was reported missing and on a drug binge in recent weeks.

According to the interview posted Tuesday, the man, who wishes to remain anonymous, said he sold $16,000 worth of cocaine to Odom while the Queens native was in New York in February.

welp

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 58m
Lakers have signed free agent forward Shawne Williams.

Lakers saved.

Top Bottom