• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Offseason |OT2| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Andrea Bargnani

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I know right? Ruining the team he plays for is much more fun.

Especially when you get paid millions to do it.
How the fuck can he be ruining this team? Its star player has essentially been gone for two seasons. He hasn't even had the chance to ruin it, lol.

And from all accounts, he's been an exceptional teammate.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Carlos Boozer is just a boy living his dream. He is all of us.
He took Nate Robinson's family on a trip through the bahamas, and then took his family all throughout Europe this summer.

The man is enjoying his life, and he's dedicated to his kids, and has a beautiful and loving wife.

He's the Kane of the NBA.

alba

Little is the new Big
He took Nate Robinson's family on a trip through the bahamas, and then took his family all throughout Europe this summer.

The man is enjoying his life, and he's dedicated to his kids, and has a beautiful and loving wife.

He's the Kane of the NBA.

Liked the State of Nate video they had about the two of them :D

Rank these teams! I know some players are a little out of position (Dr. J, Melo) and I had a hard time picking some players (Ewing vs Robinson, Pierce vs McGrady, KG vs Dirk).

80s
PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Julius Erving
SF - Larry Bird
PF - James Worthy
C - Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bench
G - Isiah Thomas
F - Kevin Mchale
C - Moses Malone

90s
PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Karl Malone
C - Hakeem Olajuwon
Bench
G - Gary Payton
F - Charles Barkley
C - David Robinson

00s
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Tracy McGrady
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Shaquille O'Neal
Bench
G - Jason Kidd
F - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Yao Ming

10s
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Lebron James
PF - Carmelo Anthony
C - Dwight Howard
Bench
G - Tony Parker
F - Kevin Durant
C - Roy Hibbert

Lunchbox

Banned
is this real

aDaBC4O.jpg

Emwitus

Rank these teams! I know some players are a little out of position (Dr. J, Melo) and I had a hard time picking some players (Ewing vs Robinson, Pierce vs McGrady, KG vs Dirk).

80s
PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Julius Erving
SF - Larry Bird
PF - James Worthy
C - Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bench
G - Isiah Thomas
F - Kevin Mchale
C - Moses Malone

90s
PG - John Stockton
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Scottie Pippen
PF - Karl Malone
C - Hakeem Olajuwon
Bench
G - Gary Payton
F - Charles Barkley
C - David Robinson

00s
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Tracy McGrady
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Shaquille O'Neal
Bench
G - Jason Kidd
F - Dirk Nowitzki
C - Yao Ming

10s
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Lebron James
PF - Carmelo Anthony
C - Dwight Howard
Bench
G - Tony Parker
F - Kevin Durant
C - Roy Hibbert
Kevin Durant off the bench for carmelo....bwahahahhahaha

linsivvi

this decade really fucking blows if roy hibbert is top 2 anything

Still 7 more years to go, don't know why the team is there. Don't know why LeBron is not in the 00 team either. Wade and Parker shouldn't be considered 10 players too.

Also, Nash starting over Kidd. WTF?

giri

Still 7 more years to go, don't know why the team is there. Don't know why LeBron is not in the 00 team either. Wade and Parker shouldn't be considered 10 players too.

Also, Nash starting over Kidd. WTF?

TP should be considered a top 10.

Lots of bad picks tbh. Hibbert over Gasol for one.

linsivvi

TP should be considered a top 10.

Lots of bad picks tbh. Hibbert over Gasol for one.

I mean he's shouldn't be on the '10 team, he's from the '00 era. Many of the other players are in the wrong eras too. Kidd was drafted in the early 90s.

How does the 00s not have KG on it?

Yeah I struggled with Dirk vs KG but only three spots and Duncan had to have one.

Also about Durant off the bench, I know he's better than Melo but didn't want Lebron to play PF.

I picked Nash over Kidd because of 2 MVPs lol, but I know Kidd has the chip. It's a toss up.

Also Marc Gasol over Hibbert might have been a good choice.

But enough about the critques, rank the teams! Who would win?

TP is in the 10s because I feel he has been better and more impactful the last few years than in the 00s

I feel Kidd is more defined as a Net that went to 2 nba finals then anything he did in the 90s

Lebron is in the 10s because he's in his prime now and won 2 chips, same reason Jordan is 90s instead of 80s.. Wade does belong in 00s but he wouldn't make it over Kobe. I guess I could have put Harden?

I mean he's shouldn't be on the '10 team, he's from the '00 era. Many of the other players are in the wrong eras too. Kidd was drafted in the early 90s.

I think he's doing players in their prime. TP has been his best in the 10s.

As for Dirk vs KG, why not KG over Yao?

As for the teams, the 10's is the worst because their bigs are completely inferior to the others.

The 00s could win it, though. We've seen Kobe + Shaq, adding Nash + TD + T-mac and Dirk/kidd/KG (fuck Yao, it''s KG) off the bench. Oh my.

As for Dirk vs KG, why not KG over Yao?

As for the teams, the 10's is the worst because their bigs are completely inferior to the others.

The 00s could win it, though. We've seen Kobe + Shaq, adding Nash + TD + T-mac and Dirk/kidd/KG (fuck Yao, it''s KG) off the bench. Oh my.

Yeah KG over Yao would make sense but wanted to keep true centers

Amare was amazing on offense with Nash and when on the court without him he was still pretty great in Phoenix. His success seems more dependent on his back and knees existing.

He was always Garbo on D tho, it just became more glaring when he stopped compensating for it on offense.

do you guys remember the time amare was an mvp candidate for the first two months in ny because he led the knicks to a slightly above mediocre record?

Was Amare once a legitimately great basketball player or does he owe the big payday he's sitting on to Nash?

He was offensively great for 3 seasons and even rebounded decently at the time. Was always bad at man-defense but had decent help defense back then.

But after he fucked up his eye and then his athleticism started to drop, it went away.

He also shit on prime duncan, which was amazing at the time. Obviously playing with Nash helps, but you don't score 37ppg in the playoffs on 55%FG against Duncan solely because of Nash. edit: Duncan gave some of it back, of course. Just pointing out Amar'e on offense, only.

Shaq and Amar'e are the only two players to have ever really scored on Duncan in his prime like that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
do you guys remember the time amare was an mvp candidate for the first two months in ny because he led the knicks to a slightly above mediocre record?

Considering Nash's two lol MVP's, Rose's LOL MVP, and Kobe's "oh shit you're getting old better give you a makeup MVP now, MVP.

The award and candidacy really means nothing outside of a guy playing well and having the media's attention.

Based on that criteria Amare was certainly an MVP candidate.

giri

he was actually putting up great numbers and really doing work against everyone.

Then, he remembered, he has no knee's.

LuchaShaq

Banned
How would such a thing even happen?

Wearing shoes 2 sizes too small while playing ball for hours everyday from ages 6-14.

Probably exacerbated by his style of running on the balls of his feet unlike heel striking like the majority of people/players.

giri

diehard

Fleer
ahh memories of letshannondunk.com

Gerald Wallace.. Nate Robison pimping Gatorade.. 2010 dunk contest was the worst of all time.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ahh memories of letshannondunk.com

Gerald Wallace.. Nate Robison pimping Gatorade.. 2010 dunk contest was the worst of all time.

What year had JR Smith and Chris Andersen getting a million attempts. That's definitely the worst.

The one with Derrick Williams jumping the motorcycle was an abomination, too.

and no AI

And who would you replace to put in AI?

Kobe, Nash or Kidd? Remember it is has to improve team chemistry and help the team. I thought about AI but he was an undersized SG that shot a low percentage. He isn't better than Kobe and I would take Nash and kidds real PG skills over him.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
And who would you replace to put in AI?

Kobe, Nash or Kidd? Remember it is has to improve team chemistry and help the team. I thought about AI but he was an undersized SG that shot a low percentage. He isn't better than Kobe and I would take Nash and kidds real PG skills over him.

T-Mac.. Move Kobe to SF. (Since you have Melo playing PF)

And if we are worried about team chemistry, or how they really might play together I would start Kidd over Nash..

Blackace

AI over TMAC? lol...

Sure 00 - 10 T-Mac never made it out of the first round of the playoffs despite playing with Yao Ming, while AI took a team with Aaron McKie as the 2nd best players to the finals..

Stat wise T-Mac does shoot a better FG% but AI got a bit better when he played with Melo

We've had this argument before and I've made it known how much I love Nash.

But the thought of him checking Magic/Isiah/Glove. lol.

No way he starts ahead of Kidd, especially with the way that 00s team will revolve around Shaq.

Sure 00 - 10 T-Mac never made it out of the first round of the playoffs despite playing with Yao Ming, while AI took a team with Aaron McKie as the 2nd best players to the finals..

Stat wise T-Mac does shoot a better FG% but AI got a bit better when he played with Melo

Yao Ming was hurt for all but like, 3 games.

There's no way you can check Larry/Scottie/Doc/Worthy/'Bron if you put Kobe at the 3. That team is dead.

linsivvi

Right now, perhaps, but that's a silly thing to do a '10s team since this decade is not even half way over, lots of young players are still developing and the first strong draft won't even happen until next summer.

That said, the '80s or '90s team would win unless you put LeBron and KG on the '00s team. Nash doesn't belong. He'd get eaten alive by the 80s and 90s PGs.

Blackace

Yao Ming was hurt for all but like, 3 games.

There's no way you can check Larry/Scottie/Doc/Worthy/'Bron if you put Kobe at the 3. That team is dead.

T-Mac couldn't check any of those guys either.. Kobe at least once was know for his D.

Also T-Mac and Yao played 21 playoff games together.. all resulting in game 7 first round knock outs

The Glove was the most complete PG to play the game since I started watching in the mid-80s. I've never seen a point guard post up or defend as well as him.

T-Mac.. Move Kobe to SF. (Since you have Melo playing PF)

And if we are worried about team chemistry, or how they really might play together I would start Kidd over Nash..

AI is undersized at SG and Kobe is undersized at SF so you would have 2 undersized guys and would be a liability on defense. When AI was with the sixers, mckie or snow would guard most of the 2s. Unless we also start Kidd so he can guard the 2.

You are right, Kidd should start over Nash since Nash would play better pick and pop with Dirk off the bench.

Blackace

The Glove was the most complete PG to play the game since I started watching in the mid-80s. I've never seen a point guard post up or defend as well as him.
truth
AI is undersized at SG and Kobe is undersized at SF so you would have 2 undersized guys and would be a liability on defense. When AI was with the sixers, mckie would guard most of the 2s. Unless we also start Kidd so he can guard the 2.

You are right, Kidd should start over Nash since Nash would play better pick and pop with Dirk off the bench.

T-Mac has about an inch and maybe a few pounds over on Kobe, and AI is a SG, it really has never been an issue...

Blackace

he is introducing him.

i don't think the introducer speaks .. i can't remember though.

Awesome... perfect in so many ways!

Really can't think of better rivals outside of Wilt/Russell and Magic/Bird besides Stockton/GP

Top Bottom